Explain what this accomplished other than reducing supply which increases demand & $

Well, no matter how one states the morals, what have we gained in this 'drug war'? Has the supply ever been seriously interrupted? Are there less addicts? Who gains and who loses in the whole scheme of things? How are other nations handling this problem? Are there some that seem to have a better handle on it? How about the gang wars on the streets? Is that a problem in all industrial nations? If not, why not.

Seems we need to be asking some serioius questions. Repeating the same failures again and again is not exactly impressive.

Well, no matter how one states the morals, what have we gained in this 'drug war'? Has the supply ever been seriously interrupted? Are there less addicts? Who gains and who loses in the whole scheme of things? How are other nations handling this problem? Are there some that seem to have a better handle on it? How about the gang wars on the streets? Is that a problem in all industrial nations? If not, why not.

Seems we need to be asking some serioius questions. Repeating the same failures again and again is not exactly impressive.

Oh, I don't think ANYONE could argue that the drug cartels have seriously been hurt since the 80s early 90s and that there are in fact less drugs

yeah...what the hell were they thinking? They should be recruiting instead of taking these guys down. The more we can get...the cheaper it is!!! And that's good for EVERYBODY! Even the crack babies!
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Explain what this accomplished other than reducing supply which increases demand & profitability?

I could have sworn you asked the exact same question a minute ago. But I'll play along.

any interruption of drugs to this or any country is considered to be a good thing to most people. It's the reason that thousands and thousands of narcotics agents get up every morning and go to work. I don't think they are thinking about the profitability going up. They ARE thinking about how many people could have and would have died if all that cocaine made it to the states or elsewhere. I'm assuming you don't agree...but you asked. And that's the answer I have since you didn't like my first one.

What's your stand on the Reagan administration's involvement in cocaine trafficking?

Explain what this accomplished other than reducing supply which increases demand & profitability?

I could have sworn you asked the exact same question a minute ago. But I'll play along.

any interruption of drugs to this or any country is considered to be a good thing to most people. It's the reason that thousands and thousands of narcotics agents get up every morning and go to work. I don't think they are thinking about the profitability going up. They ARE thinking about how many people could have and would have died if all that cocaine made it to the states or elsewhere. I'm assuming you don't agree...but you asked. And that's the answer I have since you didn't like my first one.

What's your stand on the Reagan administration's involvement in cocaine trafficking?

it was okay because we really needed to meddle in iran & the cia really needed that money to fund the rebels and of course oliver north is a hero

well, no matter how one states the morals, what have we gained in this 'drug war'? Has the supply ever been seriously interrupted? Are there less addicts? Who gains and who loses in the whole scheme of things? How are other nations handling this problem? Are there some that seem to have a better handle on it? How about the gang wars on the streets? Is that a problem in all industrial nations? If not, why not.

oh, i don't think anyone could argue that the drug cartels have seriously been hurt since the 80s early 90s and that there are in fact less drugs

bwahahahaha!!!!

It was wrong. What is your position on slavery in the Islamic world?

it was okay because we really needed to meddle in iran & the cia really needed that money to fund the rebels and of course oliver north is a hero

Oli was a scapegoat. ;)

YouTube - BIGGEST DRUG BUST IN HISTORY!

yeah...what the hell were they thinking? They should be recruiting instead of taking these guys down. The more we can get...the cheaper it is!!! And that's good for EVERYBODY! Even the crack babies!

I thought this was going to be a thread about Obama making us MORE dependent of foreign oil.:eusa_eh:

Right? We should be trying to reduce our need for foreign coca, and growing our own. Grow baby grow!

I thought this was going to be a thread about Obama making us MORE dependent of foreign oil.:eusa_eh:

Right? We should be trying to reduce our need for foreign coca, and growing our own. Grow baby grow!

Or maybe you could just grow up and learn to resist temptation. There's a thought.

Or maybe you could just grow up and learn to resist temptation. There's a thought.

Just to clarify, is that the temptation to use drugs, or to make smartass posts?

I see someone skipped Eco 101

Reducing supply does NOT increase demand

Reducing supply increases the price, which REDUCES demand

Eco 405....

Whether its' oil or drugs, the basic laws of supply and demand no longer apply, due to a 3rd price determinent.........CARTELS.

Uh, no. Cartels do not revoke the laws of supply and demand. OPEC does not control the price of oil. Check your local newspaper for commodity market pricing. Even less do cocaine cartels control that price, especially since there is no one cartel.
No, the point is valid: Reduce supply, increase price, reduce demand.
You can also reduce demand by making it economically unacceptable to traffick in drugs, like administering the death penalty for drug dealing.

Eco 405....

Whether its' oil or drugs, the basic laws of supply and demand no longer apply, due to a 3rd price determinent.........CARTELS.

Uh, no. Cartels do not revoke the laws of supply and demand. OPEC does not control the price of oil. Check your local newspaper for commodity market pricing. Even less do cocaine cartels control that price, especially since there is no one cartel.
You can also reduce demand by making it economically unacceptable to traffick in drugs, like administering the death penalty for drug dealing.

Reminds me of a great movie, "Cocaine Cowboy's".

Eco 405....

With drug cartels, we'd never know what the supply level is. My local newspaper does not list commodity pricing for cocaine, pot, and meth. Does yours'?
As far as the supply #'s on oil, maybe you can trust the oil cartel #'s, but I don't, along with many others.
So if you don't know or cannot trust the supply #'s of these two commmodities, eco 101 does not apply. (BAMMMMM!!!!)
Oil and drugs were the only two commodites that I mentioned that the law of supply doesn't adhere to due to cartels.
Last time I checked, tho' I could be mistaken, there isn't a cartel connected to a commodity, say, like pork bellies. If there is Rabbi, please let us know.

Eco 405....

With drug cartels, we'd never know what the supply level is. My local newspaper does not list commodity pricing for cocaine, pot, and meth. Does yours'?
As far as the supply #'s on oil, maybe you can trust the oil cartel #'s, but I don't, along with many others.
So if you don't know or cannot trust the supply #'s of these two commmodities, eco 101 does not apply. (BAMMMMM!!!!)
Oil and drugs were the only two commodites that I mentioned that the law of supply doesn't adhere to due to cartels.
Last time I checked, tho' I could be mistaken, there isn't a cartel connected to a commodity, say, like pork bellies. If there is Rabbi, please let us know.

You're an economic moron.

Cartels do NOT control the amount of oil available for sale. OPEC controls less than 50% of the worlds oil supplies. There is no one cartel, nation or organzation that controls anything near a majority of the supply.

You're an economic moron.

Cartels do NOT control the amount of oil available for sale. OPEC controls less than 50% of the worlds oil supplies. There is no one cartel, nation or organzation that controls anything near a majority of the supply.

OPEC controls nearly 66% of the world's proven oil output. If their proven output is under 50%, according to the 'Great economist Sangha', then most experts agree that their output is almost damn near 50%. So taking your stat at almost 50%, OPEC producer gov't's, that mostly lie in the middle east, still out produce non-OPEC oil producers. Therefore non-OPEC oil producers, which are non cartel members, catch a cold when OPEC sneezes. In other words, when OPEC cuts production or says it increases oil production, they follow OPEC's suit oil production-wise.
My final word on this matter is that the stated above, OPEC cutting or not cutting supply, is a good indicator of OPEC managing the world oil market. OPEC can cut supply or increase oil supply, the non-cartel producing countries follow suit, can do that irrespective of demand (even when demand is real-world lower), to drive prices higher if they want to.
(BAMMMM!, my third and last 'bam' today.)

It's the reason that thousands and thousands of narcotics agents get up every morning and go to work. I don't think they are thinking about the profitability going up. They ARE thinking about how many people could have and would have died if all that cocaine made it to the states or elsewhere. I'm assuming you don't agree...but you asked. And that's the answer I have since you didn't like my first one.
While there might be a few "agents" who are stupid enough to believe they are doing something constructive by interrupting what amounts to a miniscule percentage of illegal drug traffic, most of them are well aware that the sum total of their activites serves one purpose -- to maintain the most profitable enterprise in American commerce. Without their efforts the price of drugs would eventually be reduced by about 95 percent and the prison populations would be reduced by at least half.

Narcs (and vice cops) are the scumbags of law enforcement. They produce nothing but hurt and waste.

It's the reason that thousands and thousands of narcotics agents get up every morning and go to work. I don't think they are thinking about the profitability going up. They ARE thinking about how many people could have and would have died if all that cocaine made it to the states or elsewhere. I'm assuming you don't agree...but you asked. And that's the answer I have since you didn't like my first one.
While there might be a few "agents" who are stupid enough to believe they are doing something constructive by interrupting what amounts to a miniscule percentage of illegal drug traffic, most of them are well aware that the sum total of their activites serves one purpose -- to maintain the most profitable enterprise in American commerce. Without their efforts the price of drugs would eventually be reduced by about 95 percent and the prison populations would be reduced by at least half.

Narcs (and vice cops) are the scumbags of law enforcement. They produce nothing but hurt and waste.

tell that to the children who are removed from the homes of people who care more about getting their high than they do about feeding their children by those "scum bags"

Forum List

Back