Explain something to me.......

Joz said:
But why is it a man can flirt with a woman and then disappear and all is well. But let a woman smile at a man and have a little friendy banter with him and right away he thinks, "she wants me!!!"

I don't expect women to want me.. I am married.

Said1 said:
Next question: Do you flirt to boost your esteem, the others or both?
Well, even tho' the thread/question was for men....I flirt for myself.

Said1 said:
Don't worry, just curious. I'll be honest, most of the time I do it for the other, but sometimes I do it for myself. :p:
What does it have to do with the other person?? Are you trying to raise the esteem of someone else? Why?

Joz said:
What does it have to do with the other person?? Are you trying to raise the esteem of someone else? Why?

Because I like to compliment another person and make them feel good. Seeing them happy makes me happy too.

Said1 said:
Because I like to compliment another person and make them feel good. Seeing them happy makes me happy too.
I do that too. I have no problem telling a women that her hair or clothing looks nice or she smells good. I've done the same thing to men. But I do not consider this flirting.

Joz said:
I don't watch much TV, but I happened upon a show tonight called 'According to Jim'. Cute. I like Jim Belushi. The premise of the show was Jim got an elderly male neighbor to take his wife places he didn't want to go....Opera, Symphony, etc.
His buddies reminded him this "old guy" was STILL A MAN....and that's what the old guy said when he did finally make a pass at the wife. She was disappointeded because "she tho't they were friends".

MM gets disappointed when a so called friend does just that. He says a true friend wouldn't. When they don't, I tell MM it's because I don't appeal to them. He says it's about the RESPECT the men have for HIM.

Which brings me finally to my point. Is this how men really are?
Why do men get married?
Why do men ever let their daughters get married?
Why do men ever leave their wives alone with their friends/brothers/any man?
Will men make a pass at a women just because he has the chance?
Would you make a pass at your friend's partner?

Joz my personal opinion is that you walk a fine line when you are married and you start entrusting someone else to occupy your spouse especially with outings that they share in common. Probably better to find a way to make your spouse happy in the marriage thru compromise than send them off with someone else.

Most men I know would not behave that way although they may entertain the thought of making a pass. I really don't buy into the notion that every guy is always on the prowl, some maybe not all.

Said1 said:
Don't worry, just curious. I'll be honest, most of the time I do it for the other, but sometimes I do it for myself. :p:

You don't watch much Monty Python do you?

You were supposed to answer,

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Our chief weapon is surprise. Surprise and a fanatical devotion to the Pope, our Chief weapons are...."

I wasn't really feeling put upon. Flirting is fun for both sides, if it isn't you should stop. If anybody feels uncomfortable with it, clearly it shouldn't be done.

no1tovote4 said:
You don't watch much Monty Python do you?

You were supposed to answer,

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Our chief weapon is surprise. Surprise and a fanatical devotion to the Pope, our Chief weapons are...."

I wasn't really feeling put upon. Flirting is fun for both sides, if it isn't you should stop. If anybody feels uncomfortable with it, clearly it shouldn't be done.

Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/people/paulfitz/spanish/script.html

Mad props for knowing the Spanish Inquisition... no comfy chair for you! :thup:

I sorta think of flirting of being in the "do I still have it ?" category. Some want to play it--some don't care.

dilloduck said:
I sorta think of flirting of being in the "do I still have it ?" category. Some want to play it--some don't care.
Exactly. But not only that, there can be an exchange of jokes that can be quite entertaining.

dilloduck said:

Sure everyone wants to feel like their still in the game no matter where they are in life....... ;)

Forum List

Back