Explain something to me.......

no1tovote4 said:
.... I flirt mostly because it is fun.
dilloduck said:
and risky

So then why is it that sometimes when a woman seriouly flirts with you that you guys come away clueless. If it's subtle, you don't catch on. If it's too intense, you think she's too aggressive or desperate.

Joz said:
So then why is it that sometimes when a woman seriouly flirts with you that you guys come away clueless. If it's subtle, you don't catch on. If it's too intense, you think she's too aggressive or desperate.

maybe we ignore the come ons from the ones we're not interested in ?

dilloduck said:
maybe we ignore the come ons from the ones we're not interested in ?
Never tho't of that. Maybe you're radar goes fuzzy when you're attached or the zing isn't there.

Joz said:

When I was actually attempting to get a date or something more from a girl it was more difficult to pick up on the clues that I would need to be sure of myself, it was then necessary to take the plunge and risk rejection, not as bad as some might think, or ask a friend if the signs were there.

It is easy to see all those clues when looking from the outside or when the flirting isn't serious to see the ques that are not so clear when it means something.

I don't know about the rest of your stuff, if it is too intense then it is likely she doesn't have practice and subtle flirts are always the most fun.

Joz said:
Never tho't of that. Maybe you're radar goes fuzzy when you're attached or the zing isn't there.

if you're attatched and you don't fuzz out your radar, you g/f will be glad to "fuzz" it out for ya. damn--we try to be polite and get dissed for missing come ons----no breaks for dudes --huh Joz? :teeth:

dilloduck said:
if you're attatched and you don't fuzz out your radar, you g/f will be glad to "fuzz" it out for ya. damn--we try to be polite and get dissed for missing come ons----no breaks for dudes --huh Joz? :teeth:
Sort of damned if you do, & damned if you don't.
I think we're talking more about 'single' guys here. Attached men & women need to be VERY careful not to carry the flirting thing too far. It can be misinterpreted or offend the mate.
But too, attached men need to be more aware of when a women IS coming on to them. Some men can get into real trouble quite innocently.

no1tovote4 said:
When I was actually attempting to get a date or something more from a girl it was more difficult to pick up on the clues ..... that are not so clear when it means something.
Maybe it's just different from guy to guy & girl to girl. Guys & girls have been taking chances for forever. Some times results are pleasing and sometimes we're shot down where we stand. I guess it's just a part of the mating ritual.
..... subtle flirts are always the most fun.
It can be fun, reassuring, entertaining, humorous. As long as it stays there.

Joz said:
Is this how men really are?
Yes, at least internally. When considering if they will act on it, it's a matter of character and self-restraint.
Why do men get married?
I would say because that is the societal norm.
Why do men ever let their daughters get married?
I'd be willing to bet alot of men have a problem with it, and few think their son-in-law is worthy of their daughter, but there isn't much they can do about it.
Why do men ever leave their wives alone with their friends/brothers/any man?
Perhaps a better question is 'How can they'. It's a matter of trust in their wife and trust in the male in question, and no matter how much trust there is, there is most probably at least a small element of distrust that will always remain.
Will men make a pass at a women just because he has the chance?
Just because he has the chance? Not sure what you're looking for with that question.
Would you make a pass at your friend's partner?
I have. Twice.

Bonnie said:
Hey for now Im single so I can flirt all I want to :halo:
ok--but I thought you might get nailed for being a Christian AND flirting----I'll have to check the handbook on this one :funnyface

Bonnie said:
Hey for now Im single so I can flirt all I want to :halo:

Watch out, there is a medical condition for when men are around women who are single and flirting with them.

It looks much like this :scratch:

no1tovote4 said:
Watch out, there is a medical condition for when men are around women who are single and flirting with them.

It looks much like this :scratch:

LOL excellent warning dude !!!!! and timely too!!!

Forum List

Back