expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

Nixon receives list of 120 Missouri House members opposed to stadium proposal : News

Now, 120 state representatives have signed a letter to Gov. Nixon in opposition to the stadium 'deal'. Already, 21 senators have sent a signed letter in opposition. With over half of each body on record against it, Nixon intends to move forward with the stadium anyway. IS HE CRAZY? If he issues bonds, there can be no doubt, given the legislators on record, that the bonds will not have the state payments appropriated by the legislature. If he encourages people to buy them (to buy worthless bonds), would he not be defrauding them?
Nixon is far out of touch with the people and their elected representatives. I suspect that his friends who gave him money in his runs for office are going to make lots and lots of money on this deal, and are pushing him to push forward. I have never seen such abuse of power in my tenure in office.
Our lawsuit is still pending in court, and I hope it will bring the train to a rapid stop. If our laws mean anything, it will.

Last edited:
SF Bay Area economy is absolutely booming. It is one of the wealthiest metro areas in the country. They should be able to support two football teams with new stadiums. They already have 2 baseball teams, 2 major college sports teams Cal and Stanford, 2 NBA basketball teams. They should have another hockey team share the new Warriors SF arena.

I was at the game this past Sunday and I'll tell ya. It was depressing. Total silence while you have that minority of fans that love the Rams, you also have the ones that were booing them at halftime. It's the same story 20 years ago when our Rams were taken from LA. I feel for the ones that love the Rams and that go to their games year round. I seen the attendance was at 51,000 but it was no where near that. It was more like 25,000 and that's pushing it. Money talks and that's where the 51,000 comes in to effect because that's how much they sold. They are still alive in STL because of the companies in that region are buying tickets, and that's the only thing that matters to the NFL is money being made and that's were they are coming up with that attendance figure. I'm with you all and I want the Rams to come home, but I think the BOA will approve it and if they do that will be a major Roadblock for us that do want them back because then it's giving a stadium to keep them put in their respected market. We will have to see. I just want this nightmare to be over for the benefit of our Rams.

Mr. Grubman stated that the City/State has close to $300 mill slotted. The stadium is now believed to be costing in the neighborhood of 1.1 billion. That DOES NOT include the cost over-runs that will likely occur. Suddenly, it falls on the team to come forward with 800 million, between Team revenues and NFL G4 loan monies. WTF?? How could ANYBODY think that the Rams will accept such a thing when they've spent the last year diligently working to get out of town. Unbelievable!

Additionally, ALL THAT for a stadium that Mr. Grubman stated WOULD NOT be top-tier from the beginning. No Super Bowls, etc. Let's use logic: There's NO WAY that deal happens.

Debra, word! lol Not to mention, as you said, the team would have to come up with 800 million, and Mr. Kroenke's originaly Ed remodel was under 750 million, why would he choose to do so? Lastly in 1992, the proposed Riverboat stadium would of seemed lacking and bland, in this era of stadium megalyths, the Stl proposal is NOT top tier.

I know we are disecting the "Grubman makes Bernie have a crying tantrum" interview, but I wasn't sure if this was posted or not. Right on Mayor Butts! You deserve the credit!
"Today’s Inglewood leaders — led by Mayor Butts — are the reason why financial leaders nationwide are coming home. National powerhouses like Madison Square Garden were first with The Forum revival — now the No. 1 concert venue in Southern California. St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke and partners followed with plans to invest $1.7 billion of their own money in the privately-funded, now shovel-ready NFL stadium on the Hollywood Park site. Architectural plans and construction drawings are already complete."

Don’t call Inglewood an ‘economically depressed city’

Haha Bernie just got his head handed to him. How sweet is listening to Bernie wine and cry for Kroenke to give St. Louis a measly million bucks.
St. Louis i think you have a problem!

StL is a buzz about Grubman interview. From ESPN 101:

"St. Louis will sure fall short of having a compelling proposal that would attract the Rams." -Eric Grubman

Great stuff here as Grubman joins Bernie to talk the St. Louis stadium proposal and the Rams' future.

Update: Care to discuss the interview? There's a thread started in Bernie's forum:

Grubman was on Bernies show this morning . Doesn't look good for st Louie....

Eric Grubman destroyed Bernie as we know him today (listen to the ESPN 101 StL app from this morning)

Eric Grubman throws major shade at Bernie and the STL Stadium Task Force..."There's no compelling proposal from any city...St. Louis will sure fall short of having a compelling proposal that would attract the Rams."

So many things to react and respond to in this interview. For starters, Bernie's emotional position is just that.. emotional. Even if it did hold sway it would be completely countered by our own emotional position. LA can lay claim to having been slighted and treated more "unfairly" than St. Louis. We didn't deserve to lose The Rams. We have had to deal with 21 years of false starts and failed projects to return a team. Now we have the chance to get back the very franchise that was taken from us. There's your winning emotional position right there. -- Bernie is a homer wearing blinders. He never ever acknowledges that other cities and fan bases have just as much "emotional" right to their teams as St. Louis. He wants the NFL to help protect the St Louis fan base, but he wants it at the expense of the San Diego, Oakland, AND LA RAMS fan bases. He wants Kroenke to accept 300 million public funding and contribute 800 to 900 million of his own fortune to build a 2nd tier stadium for a market that admittedly doesn't really care about the Rams and just wants to have any team. -- St. Louis has done more than SD and Oakland but it isn't good enough. They have given it their best shot and come up WAY short. SD and Oakland haven't even presented their best proposals. They are the only cities that need more time beyond the January decision deadline. The Rams are the only franchise wanting to move that can show beyond a shadow of a doubt that their home market can't come up with an acceptable deal. Th smart decision for the owners is to let Kroenke move to LA to play in the Coliseum while Inglewood is being built, and then give SD and Oakland another 2 years to come up with their best projects. LA should not have 2 teams dumped into the market at the same time. Let's see how one does first.

If you don't have time for the whole interview, I implore you to listen to two parts:

9:30 mark: Grubman points out that financing has gone down while cost has gone up all along with Nixon and Task Force knowing Kroenke has pointed out the negative value difference from his current lease to the one being offered.

21:30 mark: After Bernie rambles about Stan giving a hometown discount of sorts given his 7 billion net value, Grubman jumps in and said 'No Bernie. I'm going to challenge that because I don't believe you and you don't believe yourself.' Grubman challenged him further and said he had to 'call BS on that' when questioning his logic. This led to discussion around Bernie needing remove emotion from a financial discussion. Later Grubman stated that players deserve to make a lot of money, and the league needs the financial resources to do that.

Eric Grubman joins Bernie to talk about the ongoing LA-STL situation - 101Sports.com

Last edited:
Please place this post onto your main timeline.

It would appear the NFL HAS NOT WORKED IN GOOD FAITH when it comes to the relocation of teams in Los Angeles. In this article Robert Iger admits to being approached by Jerry Richardson, Owner of the Carolina Panthers regarding helping the Raiders and Chargers get into the Los Angeles market.

The problem with that is Richardson is a member of the Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities. By definition according to the article "The committee members are presumed to be impartial". How can a committee member be impartial while actively trying to find a solution for two of the teams to relocate?

If this development was taken into litigation would the judicial system find the NFL in violation of their own procedures and guidelines? If so, then should the NFL be forced to break up the current Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities, reform them with impartial members, and start the entire process all over? Your thoughts?

Robert Iger is ramping up his efforts to get Chargers and Raiders to L.A.

Disney's Iger: Time running short for 2016 NFL move to LA

No surprise, the NFL is lukewarm on St. Louis stadium deal | The NFL in L.A. with Vincent Bonsignore

It's going to be the Rams and Chargers back in L.A. Anyone with half a brain knows that.

Not to mention the 200 acres that just got pulled from the Carson sham, err site... This is a no brainier IMO Stan is moving the Rams to inglewood and the Chargers and Raiders will use the "empty locker room" as leverage to get deals done in their current cities. I highly doubt the NFL would rather lose its San Diego market over St Louis.

Actually they could if they just bring the Rams in. Start building the Palace and that gives SD two years to get their s**t straight. Only room for one team next year anyway.

Carson is a joke. There's no way Carson is better for the NFL than Inglewood. It's coming down to Spanos vs. Kroenke, not Car v. Ing. Unfortunately, it's leaning towards the owners going on emotions with this decision and not what's best for the NFL.

Bob Iger runs Disney, he doesn't own it. His net worth is about 100 million dollars. He's rich, but not NFL rich. Bold move, yes, but not going to be the deciding factor. With the StL plan looking like it will not pass muster, look to see a deal pushed by the league to put Rams and Chargers together.

I've heard the entire interview and Grubman said when the task force showed the drawings and plans for their proposal to the committees and various owners they had the sense this stadium is not top tier that is an indication the committees and the owners have the sense that the stadium (National Car Rental Field) is not a top tier stadium and Grubman said the St. Louis proposal falls short of being compelling to the Rams.
The committees (Committee on Los Angeles Opprotunities, Stadium Committee, and the Fianance Committee) would never consider a stadium that will never be top tier acceptable instead they would reject it and a majority of the Committee on Los Angeles Opprotunities would never like it and would probably side with Inglewod since they know that Stan Kroenke is proposing it he also said the amusement tax should go to the NFL or the deal will be dead.
Combine this with the less than acceptable financing plan and you get a stadium proposal that gets a big thumbs down from the Committee on Los Angeles Opprotunities, the NFL, and the Rams.

Last edited:
NFL has yet to see a “compelling proposal” from Oakland, San Diego, or St. Louis
“St. Louis will fall short of having a compelling proposal that would attract the Rams,” Grubman said. “And to that end, and I don’t mean to oversimplify and I’m certainly not going to negotiate the individual points or attempt to negotiate, the stadium is going to cost more than is at the drawing board at the moment, the funding has declined, and new taxes are being proposed to the Rams. So if you already had an owner who was showing great reluctance to come off his position that he won in arbitration [regarding upgrades to the Edward Jones Dome], it sort of moved away if you will from Stan Kroenke. I don’t speak for him, but those are just the facts and the numbers.”

Problem is, at best for StL, the Rams remain a lame duck team even if Carson wins with owners. Even if he doesn't go the Al Davis route, ESK signs 1-year leases to use the EJD.

Unhappy team, unhappy fans, unhappy owner who still wants out of StL. That is not a good combination for the team, the league, or StL fans. If I were an StL, I'd tell the NFL to end this charade and let ESK move the Rams to Los Angeles.

1. Grubman also mentioned later in the interview that one things he has learned from being in and around the league is that NFL owners don’t let other people tell them what to do. They do what’s in the best interest of their franchise. I found that quote interesting given the possibility that both sides likely have the votes to block league approval of the other’s relocation. Then it becomes a game of chicken.

Last edited:
gasbag bernie at it again.

St. Louis and Stan Kroenke: NFL Preparing For Round Two - 101Sports.com

kroenke wants to be in San Diego and Oakland as much as he wants to be in St. Louis. His ego won't allow him to take on Spanos' sloppy seconds in San Diego and who wants to willfully move to Oakland?

Toronto can't even sell out one Buffalo Bills game a season, not to mention the Canadian vs the US dollar dilemma and the NFL is going to place a team there? London is over 3000 miles away from the nearest NFL team, is buzzing with terrorism talk, and Shahid Khan is already the faceman there for the NFL, London is probably a decade or more away from being considered a viable market. Mexico City? Really? The NFL doesn't even know if they will play A game there yet in 2016 and Kroenke is going to move there? Again, realistically this time, where are they going to move to if LA is a no go?

As a Los Angeles sports fan, I have been worried that the Rams will not make it back home to California. But after hearing this interview, I stopped worrying. It is clear that the commissioner is behind the Rams proposal. I have no doubt that Goodell and Grubman will help persuade the owners to make the Inglewood project a reality.

#1: Grumman NEVER EVER implied that SK doesn't have the 24 votes. Grumman did say he does not know how the 32 owners will vote. #2: The FAA is NOT insisting on a study that will take two years. Their have been several reports saying this is normal and can be taken care of very easily. #3: Where did you get your crystal ball or time machine and you know the future? That is impressive you know this. And the attendance could not be any worse than in STL because they are the worst in the NFL! The last now you said they will move in 10 years. Do you really think Kroenke will spend $2 billion to build a stadium and then leave after 10 years? Come on, get a clue.

Thanks for you reply Daniel...you saved me the trouble of responding to another misinformed St. Louis fan.

LOL Bernie, I can't believe you stated "The six-owner committee has a conscience and wants this to be an ethical and honest process." Only one day after your article news breaks that Richardson from the NFL L.A. Opportunity Committee was looking to secretly assist the Chargers/Raiders with Iger. Not very honest or ethical IMHO. Kroenke likely now has grounds for a collusive lawsuit against the NFL.

You are right about that Bernie. Iger's involvment is troubling for an L.A. Rams fan. I still don't believe that the NFL will hand the keys of the Los Angeles kingdom over to Mark Davis though. When the dust settles I believe it will be the Rams and the Chargers in Los Angeles. Just my opinion.

Anyone who thinks the Rams will ever be in a new stadium in St. Louis is simply dreaming. They are gone.

The writing's been on the wall for a while now - The Rams are moving to LA in 2016. It's been in the works for the past couple years, and once this season's over, they're pulling the rug out from under STL... Just like the same Rams did to LA decades ago. It's unfortunate that STL & the state of MO are spinning their wheels, and spending $$ on this lost cause.

That interview all but confirmed that the NFL front office is in Kroenke's corner. The only reason the NFL made Grubman available was to negatively influence the BoA vote.

Well then, let's be really fair and send ALL the teams back to whatever city they started in, not just where you want them to stop in their backwards journey.

I feel for you Bernie... I really do! Mr Igler is just for show... & not a game changer as you keep throwing out there. He's just like Carmen Policy 2.0... Where is he now? The shine wore off and they needed another lift, so here comes Igler and his Disney shine. The NFL is of course in on it and approves to give the illusion that they are not completely on board with the Inglewood project ... It's all a show, so that it looks like every angle is being covered... It's 100% a fix fight a WWE match. Grubman was on your show preparing the ST. Louis community for a let down ... He laid out all the reasons why the approved proposal is still not up to the standards of the NFL or the owners to all your listeners, so there's a clear understanding... & it's a farce to think or accuse Grubman of working for Kroenke. its a good conspiracy theory, but that's all it is.
Kroenke brings his own $ to the game and that's what the NFL wants ... Yes the Chargers & Raiders have Goldman Sachs, but that $ not free... They still have to pay it back.

Bottom line is corporate LA and the $ in this town doesn't want the Raiders back with the drama they bring. Only the Raider nation want them back and I don't need to go down that road to explain what I mean...& All the Disney Magic cannot change that.

Long story short Rams & Chargers are the preferred outcome ... and it's all pointing that way...

Nick Wagoner, ESPN Staff Writer

"St. Louis will sure fall short of having a compelling proposal that will attract the Rams," Grubman told Miklasz. "To that end, and I don't mean to oversimplify and I'm certainly not going to attempt to negotiate the individual points, the stadium is going to cost more than is on the drawing board at the moment. The funding has declined, and new taxes are being proposed for the Rams. So if you already had an owner who was showing a great reluctance to come off his position that he won in arbitration, you sort of

moved away from Stan Kroenke. I don't speak for him, but those are just the facts and the numbers.":banana:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back