expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

On this day in 1976...
Rams roll up 600 yards of offense in obliterating the Falcons 59-0 at the L.A. Coliseum. Domination!

Hank Bauer: “No matter what it’s still a distraction”

No one can say StL didn't have many warnings of its fate in the NFL. First, it was its choice to default on its lease agreement when it refused to abide by an arbiter's ruling that required it to pay some $800 for required EJD renovations. Second, it got an even further warning when ESK purchased land that was originally intended to be a Wal-Mart sight near the Forum and the old Hollywood Park race track in Inglewood. When the Inglewood project was announced after all of theabove, the StL and Missouri politicians formally announced their two-man task force and insisted that somehow, magically, they could force the NFL to keep the Rams in town by presenting a "viable" plan for a new stadium. As we have found out, it is not all that simple. Not only was viability required, the NFL guidelines these StL politicians and their backers cited required that the plan had to be a compelling one that was acceptable not only to the league, but the team as well. As I have said, why should the Rams accept a stadium plan from a party that had defaulted on its lease agreement with them? These StL stadium backers can present a plan by the Dec. 28 deadline imposed by the NFL, but the bottom line is this: the Rams want out of St. Louis, and nothing can compel them to accept anything the StL stadium backers propose. And even if the Rams lose out of L.A., they will continue to be a lame duck team in StL with lots of unhappy fans as well as a discontented team. It could do even more harm to StL than just letting the Rams go to L.A.
To borrow a national political convention phrase, the competing Carson Chargers-Raiders project needs 24 first-ballot votes to gain NFL approval. With the Rams having the nine no votes and/or abstentions, the Chargers and Raiders would have to deal with the Rams and ESK to gain Los Angeles entrance. That means Inglewood wins as the Rams work out the final details with the Chargers to assure joint ownership of the Rams' Inglewood stadium. Mark Davis, who long has desired the Raiders to stay in Oakland, would get his wish and will may have as much as $500 million ($250 million each from each team's relocation fees) to help him build a new stadium in his city. I'd say it'd be a win-win-win for all sides (Rams get their wish, sympathetic NFL owners can say that they took care of Dean Spanos of the Chargers, and the Raiders get lots of money toward replacing their grossly inadequate O.co Coliseum with a beautiful new ediface in Oakland if not somewhere else).
Any way you look at it, StL loses regardless of what happens next month and the Rams get their project approved by the league after intense negotiations.

Last edited:
Guys, I don't think we have much to worry about. It is highly, highly unlikely the Rams stay in St Louis and don't move to LA. The reasoning is as follows. 1) The Chargers and Raiders may have more votes for Carson as of today but they don't still have enough to get approved, even with Iger added. They don't have the money to "buy off" Kroenke. The Carson project has already shot its load and cannot improve or compromise. 2) The Rams by themselves do not have enough votes toget approved. Many owners have said LA is a two-team market. This is why Kroenke compromised and is willing to go 50/50 on the project and sent that letter right? Now it's time for Spanos to compromise.

The only way the votes can be obtained is if the Rams and Chargers partner up in Inglewood. Otherwise, Kroenke's supporters will veto Carson and Spanos's supporters will likely veto Inglewood even with the Raiders as the second tenant. 4) The NFL prefers the Inglewood site--all things equal.

What will probably happen is some swing owners are going to "force" Kroenke and Spanos to go to Inglewood together. It doesn't matter if they hate each other now or did before or whatever. Business is business and it's about dollars not about emotions.

Maybe the NFL will invest 20% in the project to go 40 Kroenke, 40% Spanos. Or maybe someone like Iger will be the CEO or maybe there will be a committee. They will reach a common ground where neither owner is ecstatic or making a windfall or has control over the other owner but both owners are content and feel like they have improved their situation. The Chargers will most likely re-brand since they have a weak presence here compared to the Rams. The Rams will have a fan base of mostly older people and/or LA natives who grew up with them and people and the "new Chargers" can focus on millennials and LA transplants.

It's actually very similar to how Manny Pacquiao - Floyd Mayweather came together to make the fight of the century. Every single detail was hashed out down by an army of experts, consultants, stakeholders, etc from the name, to what fighter comes out first, to who the announcer is, to the sponsors, to the revenue split, to who gets this right, that right,

If anyone really thinks StL is going to have an actionable, viable plan that has no ifs, ands, or buts, take a look at this story. Note that this is not the first time these influential Missouri Republican legislators have talked about cutting off the bonding for the Nixon-Peacock-Blitz project.
As I said before, no money, no stadium. No stadium, no team. StL loses.
Judging from this article, there is no way StL can make the Dec. 31 deadline with such a firm plan regardless of the proclamations of the stadium's backers and media cheerleaders.

Nixon meets with Kroenke; GOP lawmakers still oppose stadium funding plan

Owners in wait-and-see mode on L.A.

As the Rams get ready for their LAST 3 home games in MO, each game I will list one of the Top 3 Reasons for hating the BE ATCH Owner who was responsible for this stupid move 21 years ago and consequently the stupid fighting between STL Ram fans and all other Ram fans over their final home..So for AZ vs STL on 12/6/15...Reason #3 - April 2, 1979, Rams owner Carroll Rosenbloom is murdered by the slut-o-matic (Official report Heart Attack while swimming, no mention of scuba diver with poisonous harpoon gun seen in same area just after body is found and verified on PBS Special Report) Slut takes control of 70% of team, oh and did I mention she was already sleeping around with future husband #6 while all this was happening? That will lead to Reason #2 next week - STAY TUNED

Georgia probably BLEW every Law Enforcer who questioned her after CR's Death.

Last edited:
http://www.contracostatimes.com/…/nfl-could-help-develop-oa…"Grubman added that the Raiders are aware that the league has "maintained an active dialogue with the city, and that we would try to be helpful in figuring out how to take advantage of development rights so long as the Raiders were interested in what was being proposed."
"Bottom line, we are encouraging the city leadership to maintain a dialogue with the Raiders, and we stand ready to help," he said"

"to work diligently and in good faith" does not exactly describe the raiders
when it comes to the Davis family,A men to that.LOL

Didnt you think those pics of all those empty seats in st louis for their last home game last sunday were hysterical?:lmao:

should be a no brainer for the NFL to have the Rams back epecially since both Oakland and in San Diego,the fans have sold out their home games this year.

Didnt you think those pics of all those empty seats in st louis for their last home game last sunday were hysterical?:lmao:

should be a no brainer for the NFL to have the Rams back epecially since both Oakland and in San Diego,the fans have sold out their home games this year.
The empty seats tell a tale!

yeah I mean i went to their home opener against the seahawks this year and i could not believe that there were many empty seats EVEN IN THE LOWER LEVEL for even THAT game,a division rival and a team that has been in back to back superbowls no less.:lmao:

you can tell by the pics that last sundays game had even many more empty seats in the lower level than the opener which again,was bad enough.:lmao::haha::haha::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

here are a couple more good articles on the Raiders situation.:thup:

Notice from these links,that Oakland indeed has great fan support for their team which is impressive the fact they have been so horrible for so many years.

Report: NFL open to helping with Raiders stadium development

Michael Pena - Photos/Videos of Keep the Raiders in Oakland | Facebook

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...d-raiders-nfl-stadium-mark-davis.html?ana=twt

this comment below is why I have always have never had any doubts the Raiders are staying despite their stadium issue,this is a fact that NEVER gets reported in the media which is no surprised since it is the LAMESTREAM media.

I do not understand why in the hell he is grinning like a opossum eating shit he does not own the team Mrs.Davis"Al Davis The Maverick 1963-2011"she owns the team and has said that the team is not going no where it is staying in Oakland so why does he thinks he is the shit

Cesar MejiaLOL, Carson was always and has been a pipe dream. They're staying in Oakland baby

they nailed it.:thup:

been meaning to ask you sir alex,did you see my post i posted sometime back where Fred Roggin read an email of mine over his radio show?:banana:

I wasnt suprised when he did because they do the show for the listeners what they want to hear,not what they want to talk about.he always says-you are the driver who drives this thing,we just navigate.we are here to navigate it thats all.

yeah I mean i went to their home opener against the seahawks this year and i could not believe that there were many empty seats EVEN IN THE LOWER LEVEL for even THAT game,a division rival and a team that has been in back to back superbowls no less.:lmao:

you can tell by the pics that last sundays game had even many more empty seats in the lower level than the opener which again,was bad enough.:lmao::haha::haha::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
In a division game ? That is alarming

Forum List

Back