expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

"If the NFL is ever going to return to Los Angeles, there are a whole lot of questions the league must answer. And despite months of discussion within the league about its L.A. options, there are still more questions than answers.

The biggest problem is that none of the three owners — Stan Kroenke, Dean Spanos or Mark Davis — has the necessary 24 votes from the other owners to approve a move to Los Angeles, but all three of them are believed to have the necessary nine votes to block another team from moving. In other words, Kroenke can’t find 23 other owners to support giving him the L.A. market, but he can find eight other owners to help him block Spanos or Davis from going there. And Spanos and Davis are similarly situated with only enough support from their fellow owners to block a rival move, not enough to approve their own move."

Still more questions than answers on NFL’s return to L.A.

So much to work out

"If the NFL is ever going to return to Los Angeles, there are a whole lot of questions the league must answer. And despite months of discussion within the league about its L.A. options, there are still more questions than answers.

The biggest problem is that none of the three owners — Stan Kroenke, Dean Spanos or Mark Davis — has the necessary 24 votes from the other owners to approve a move to Los Angeles, but all three of them are believed to have the necessary nine votes to block another team from moving. In other words, Kroenke can’t find 23 other owners to support giving him the L.A. market, but he can find eight other owners to help him block Spanos or Davis from going there. And Spanos and Davis are similarly situated with only enough support from their fellow owners to block a rival move, not enough to approve their own move."

Still more questions than answers on NFL’s return to L.A.

So much to work out

Read post#2279. that pretty much proves its a done deal for the Rams in 2016. does not matter if he has the votes,he can legally move them.that something the media always leaves out in their reporting.

Still more questions than answers on NFL’s return to L.A.

So much to work out

Read post#2279. that pretty much proves its a done deal for the Rams in 2016. does not matter if he has the votes,he can legally move them.that something the media always leaves out in their reporting.

so you should check it out.

Looking more and more bad for the Rams in st lou.lol

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2015/11/16/another-rams-marketing-director-quits.html

With all of the rhetoric on facebook and Twitter these days, I feel like the following interview should be posted DAILY to remind us us what's really likely to happen here. This attorney, a St. Louis resident, recalls that in '94 a vote was taken to move the Rams to StL but it did not pass. Then the team owner and the Attorney General of Missouri (Nixon) threatened to sue the NFL, and, magically, a second vote was taken which was overwhelmingly in favor of a Rams' relocation. He then goes on to state thet the same thing will probably occur this time around. It's a shame we've had to wait this long, but we have an owner who wants to bring our team back to us and who also has every legality on his side. If the NFL, as a league, actually has the ability to both reason and learn from the past, it will step out of the way and let the inevitable happen.‪#‎larams‬

Can the NFL stop Kroenke from moving the Rams to LA?

Report: NFL Might Not Come To Los Angeles Until 2017

"A source very involved in the situation described it as gridlock

[...]

What is clear is that there needs to be some sort of breakthrough to make next year in Los Angeles happen."

Looks like things have changed.

If that happens,I'be done with the NFL.it needs to happen this year.thats just a rumor you have to take with a grain of salt.the owners are not going to want to drag this one anymore than they have to past this year.

[...]

What is clear is that there needs to be some sort of breakthrough to make next year in Los Angeles happen."

If that happens,I'be done with the NFL.it needs to happen this year.thats just a rumor you have to take with a grain of salt.the owners are not going to want to drag this one anymore than they have to past this year.

I also heard Fred Roggin say that Goodel and the league office wants NFL in LA back and that the only way the NFL would not be back in LA next year is if one of two things happen.
1.Dean spanos cannot come to an agreement with stan kroneke to come to LA as a second tenant,
2.Spanos does not sit down with san diego and work it out with them to get a new stadium deal done in mission valley they have proposed.

i also have to agree with what this one LA Ram poster posted when said this below-
Ha. This is NOT gonna happen. #larams2016

Last edited:

[...]

Fred Roggin put to rest this rumor of the NFL putting off relocation till next season.You got to remember these headlines you read are just that,headlines for stories that are spoonfed to reporters to alter the perception and reality of the situation.

Roggin has been spot on in everything he has said about the NFL relocation since way back in march getting the scoop way before the mainstream media repoted it.he hasnt missed once yet and he says that the NFL league office wants to get this over with and done by next season and to have an NFL team there by then.

you can here him talk about it here on 11-23-15 at the hr 1 mark.he starts in on it at the 13 min mark.:thup:

The Fred Roggin Show

I hope Roggin is right the NFL needs some legitimacy and normalcy.

well the good thing is is like i said,he has been right on everything he has reported on it,has not missed ONCE yet so no reason to believe he will be wrong now all of a sudden.:thup:

his sources he talks to are closely connected to the NFL and are not spoonfed by reporters like most of them are.

well the good thing is is like i said,he has been right on everything he has reported on it,has not missed ONCE yet so no reason to believe he will be wrong now all of a sudden.:thup:

his sources he talks to are closely connected to the NFL and are not spoonfed by reporters like most of them are.
It only helps the NFL to do the move.

roggin always says on his show that the listeners are the driver,that he just navigates it since Roggin talks about what WE want to hear and he proved that yesterday to me.for the the first time ever i emailed him a question on why the chargers are allowed to move to LA and yeah,he answered it.:banana:

something i learned that i had not known before,you never see it reported in the mainstream media,is that there is actually a chance the chargers might stay in SD actually because some of the members in the spanos clan,like deans sons,are not so much hell bent on moving to LA since they make their home there in SD. that can only help in the efforts for them to stay.:thup::banana:

Jaguars, Rams, Bengals to play London “home” games

I believe it was in their STL lease that they can't give away home games. Another sign?

"We have had no formal discussions with the Rams about their 2016 intentions or a London game in 2016, but if they do play in the Dome in 2016, the terms of the lease remain in effect and provides that all Rams NFL home games (other than preseason) will be played at the Facilities.”

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/blog/2015/11/rams-to-play-game-in-london-next-year.html?ana=twt

in other words: "There will be no St. Louis Rams next year so it makes no difference to us here at the Edward Jones Dome where they play when they're not in LA." LA is happening!

The NFL and the Rams are showing their cards with the London announcement.
I'm surprised the CVC put this out there. All they are doing is fueling the fire in St Louis.:beer:

This just gives the Rams more ammo when they present their case to the NFL to move back to LA. STL knows the fight is over. The Commissioner of the NFL will get the votes together to allow Kroenke to move back to LA.

they violated the lease when they didn't make it a top ten tier stadium....
https://www.facebook.com/losangeles...0153104012845981&comment_tracking={"tn":"R0"}

Last edited:
Ruling boosts San Diego’s stadium case to NFL

The best part of the ruling, no mandatory 2/3 vote..."The lower court and the appeals court both ruled against Briggs, pointing to a 1998 state Supreme Court decision that says cities can bypass public votes by setting up the special financing agencies.

"The city presumably uses the financing authority to avoid the two-thirds vote requirement, but doing so is legal," the appeals court wrote in its decision.

Even with the second worst season happening now, I still want them to stay. this is great news.

Forum List

Back