expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

The next question, if Spanos gets the votes to move, becomes how Kroenke will react. There’s already speculation among some owners that he’d possibly sell the Rams. And some think he’ll move to L.A. regardless of whether he receives the approval of his partners to do so, sparking expensive, high-stakes litigation over whether Kroenke can do it.

L.A. tug-of-war looming.

All polls have shown that the #1 team desired by LA fans is the Rams. So, if the NFL decides to move the Chargers and Raiders, they will be alienating 3 fanbases (LA, SD, and Oakland). While moving the Rams would only upset one SMALL fanbase. What is so hard to figure out here folks. You have 2 owners who have both poo-pooed viable options in their own areas, using LA as a threat to get what they wanted. On the otherhand, you have a team who's city failed to meet the terms of their agreement not once, not twice, but three times. 1st, at the 10 year mark when they refused to bring the venue up to first tier. Again at 20 years when once again they refused to meet the top tier agreement, then
when an arbitrator found against them, they refused to honor their agreement. Instead of using LA as leverage, that owner moved forward with plans to leave the city that refused to honor their commitment. Yet the NFL may want to go the route that rewards dishonesty, and punishes the greatest number of fans. Really?
https://www.facebook.com/losangeles...otal_comments=58&comment_tracking={"tn":"R0"}

So I heard on NBC that the word is the NFL owners only want to see 1 team in LA not 2.....so if that is the case how would the Carson Project work since it's a package deal with the Raiders and Chargers......I sure hope Stan goes rogue if needed.

Raiders out of Oakland? Ok but St Louis what a crummy venue.

Steinberg is an idiot.He is a double agent.someone who pretends to be in favor of the Rams coming back to LA but really doesnt care.He plays both sides of the fence.I talked to the guy once,he is slick. He'll go and say he is in favor of the Rams coming back to LA and then he'll go and say the Rams should stay in st louis.

He is a back stabber.take in what he says with a grain of salt. Like I told you before,if you dont hear it from fred roggin,take it with a grain of salt.he is the only media source on this LA relocation thing who you can trust,the only one who tells it like it really is and does not hold back the facts.

for instance,steinberg is holding out the fact that davis has already said st louis would not be an option for him.Now you cant believe what these NFL owners say since they are all lying snakes but i think its pretty safe to say davis is telling the truth here though cause WHY would anyone want to go to st louis,a city that is going to be losing TWO NFL teams after this season?

the only team i think would succeed in st louis again is the cardinals,thats it,nobody else would.unless they of course were the cheatriots and had the NFL in their pockets so they could win the division every year.

NFL in LA: Owners welcome Disney CEO, timetable could be pushed - CBSSports.com

"The owners who most strongly align with Kroenke to this point are Jerry Jones (Cowboys), Bob Kraft (Patriots), Dan Snyder (Redskins), Jeffrey Lurie (Eagles), Woody Johnson (Jets), Ziggy Wilf (Vikings) and Steve Biscotti (Ravens)."

How come the NFL didn't have a town hall meeting in LA? and ask LA fans who we want, instead of trying to force the Chargers and Raiders on us. The mayor and some political leaders in Los Angeles need to tell Goodell and the owners that you can't dictate who plays here.

The only way a second team goes into L.A., is if they share a stadium with the Rams. I'm not even worrying about the Chargers or Raiders. The Rams are a done deal whether the NFL owners like it or not.

According to my NFL sources, he has more than enough votes to block the Carson project.. It will go down as a 11th hour deal with either cash moving to SD or Oak or a lease agreement put in place.. Word is the City of SD already has a deal structured for a stadium in DT San Diego.. Oakland will eventually build in Oakland or relocate.

NFL Owner Stan Kroenke Wants to Take Over L.A.

The NFL Owners know there is only One solution to bringing back football to Los Angeles...and it isn't a two team stadium. The two "competing" stadiums aren't even close. One has the Money and the right Owner, the other has two Owners that are not even in the same Financial situation to make it work. One is already under construction, the other continues to change it's plan and design with every passing article. Stay Focused and follow the MONEY, just like the NFL will in the end.

With L.A. decision looming, lines are being drawn between owners

It's impressive considering that they have the worst team of the three and have the only owner that is actively saying the he will file for relocation. I will concede that a lot of those in attendance are from visiting teams but it just proves that SanDiego is a destination city unlike St Louis and Oakland and will always do well regardless of the Chargers record. The NFL can't be stupid enough to lose San Diego as an NFL city.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...10153092773565981&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}
12274203_10156366401350724_3444772287696100950_n.jpg

John McHughThat's true Darren, but honestly St Louis gets taken over by opposing fans a lot also. Great baseball city, but not so much for football.

Last edited:
agreed.:beer:

Hmm pretty impressive business model for a bad team with a fan base angry at ownership in a terrible stadium (San Diego). Money wise, I don't see how the NFL would abandon the 8th largest city in the U.S. who has been an NFL market for 55 years, just to keep St. Louis. The NFL isn't losing money in San Diego. I can only hope the owners realize this..

The numbers don't add up for StL. The Riverfront Stadium is not a viable plan on so many levels, even if Kroenke were interested. Read the Show-me institute impressions of the meeting the Aldermen held on the proposed site last Saturday.. and, definitely read the comments. Especially interesting is the refutation of this so-called "Harvard" study. -- It's all smoke and mirrors, StL. Save your money. Watch your Cardinals and Blues.

What I Saw at the Stadium Hearing

You’d get some argument on who benefits most from a significant delay – the Rams or Raiders and Chargers – but after doing some poking around I’m convinced no one among the three teams wants this to drag on beyond January, let alone until 2017. In fact, if I could classify the current mood, I’d say ansty pretty much sums it up.

The Raiders, Rams and Chargers want this wrapped up. Period. No one is eager to play another year in limbo. No one wants to put their current markets through another season of uncertainty. And all three teams want clarity on their long-term future or, should their L.A. bid be denied, a clearer picture on what their next move should be to help secure it.

On top of all that, the feedback I get is NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is adamant about staying on track for a decision on Los Angeles in time for 2016.

What exactly needs to happen to accomodate NFL in L.A. in 2016? | The NFL in L.A. with Vincent Bonsignore

Here's where we stand on the NFL returning to Los Angeles

"Could a team move to L.A. without league approval?

It's possible, and happened before with Al Davis and the Raiders. ***But that is unlikely in this instance. The NFL could deny that team any financial help in building the stadium, withhold the rightto host Super Bowls, and take other measures to make it an unsavory option***."

THAT IS AN ANTITRUST LAWSUIT (AND VICTORY) right there for Stan!! That's collusion and NO court would EVER allow the NFL to do that to an owner of a individual business!

Sam Farmer and the Times, think that this is no big deal! WRONG! I am hoping more and more Stan goes rogue and moves the Rams home on his own without league approval and gives a HUGE F YOU to Goodell and the NFL!!

"Lew Alcindor" on Twitter, who is actually an LA Raiders' fan, and an attorney, shut BGP up BIG TIME today when he said that from what he knows about anti-trust law, the litigation would lean heavily in Stan's favor. He then accused BGP of tailoring his tweets and analysis toward his desired outcome, showing obvious bias. I loved it!!

Just saw the tweets right now. Hilarious.
That's like saying I have my own business and I want to move it to a new location, but some schmuck was against me moving because I signed 10 sheets of paper stating "I must not move to a new location unless otherwise told to" and sets them up as the official "rules".
Which will prevail? A basic set of company guidelines that I'm told to follow, or the law itself?
Damn, that's a tough one.

Several owners and executives not connected with the Rams find the St. Louis plan lacking and were unconvinced last week by backers of that proposal. Some have pointed to the better deal the Minnesota Vikings got — with the public footing half the cost of a new stadium — from a bigger market.

Forum List

Back