expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

We have had no formal discussions with the Rams about their 2016 intentions or a London game in 2016, but if they do play in the Dome in 2016, the terms of the lease remain in effect and provides that all Rams NFL home games (other than preseason) will be played at the Facilities.”

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/blog/2015/11/rams-to-play-game-in-london-next-year.html?ana=twt

The NFL and the Rams are showing their cards with the London announcement.
I'm surprised the CVC put this out there. All they are doing is fueling the fire in St Louis.

If what the StL official is saying is true, it would be still another time the Rams have signaled their intentions to move to LA. There has never been any secret that inbound LA team could play a game or two in London per year before their new stadium was complete. That this StL official is complaining about a lease breach is further proof that their quest to keep the Rams is on life support at best.

STLComptroller Darlene Green: "“This is not a fiscally responsible plan as it has been presented to the board at this time. It does not have enough revenues. As a matter of fact, the revenues are very short. And there’s a material gap that’s created between revenue and expenditures that go out each and every year.”

On the Trail: Breaking down the costs, benefits and gaps of St. Louis' riverfront stadium

St. Louis Treasurer: 'City has 99 problems; Financing a new stadium is not one' : News

Joe Buck discusses the Rams and critics

He's worried about what is dead father would think about the Rams coming back home to LA? Joe Buck can suck it! What about my dead father who supported the Rams for 30 years in LA. He died in 94 knowing his beloved Rams were leaving LA. Joe should worry about his hair plugs and hair dye. Fuck you Joe Buck!

St. Louis aldermanic president emerges as crucial factor in stadium proposal : News

Last edited:
old news roggin reported months ago.

Amid rival L.A. stadium plans, issues between Rams' and Chargers' owners dampen potential for cooperation

Interesting. Jerry Jones and Jerry Richardson talking quite a bit before the Panthers-Cowboys game begins. Maybe Jerry Jones trying to shed some light on him? Who knows.
On another note, Scott Kaplan from the mighty 1090 San Diego station took the photo shots and interviewed Jerry Jones regarding Los Angeles. Jones didn't say much but according to Scott Kaplan, Jones said in quote "Guys like Stan don't grow on trees." "It's uncomfortable, but Inglewood is the better place."
LOVE it!!

Last edited:
Lots of wild and weird stories will be coming out in the next few days around the NFL meeting in Dallas on Wednesday... this is an example of one...

London, Denver may be contingencies for Kroenke if LA falls through - CBSSports.com

Good old LaCanfora writing shit just to see if it will stick. He was the same hack that said Eddie Debartolo was interested in a minority stake of the Raiders.

Jason La Canfora neglected to mention in his article that the Rams can, and likely will go rogue, should the other owners vote against the Rams returning to LA. This is why Kroenke has not considered other options besides LA, because that is his only option. He is taking the Rams to LA, whether the league approves it or not.

The NFL "blocking" ESK from moving anywhere is a per se antitrust violation. It's not going to happen.

Stupid not even going to read that spam. LA is not going to fall through at least not for the Rams. Kronke started laying the ground work awhile ago. If he wants to move to LA bad enough he will . The other NFL owners know it. LA will fall throughfor one of the other 2 teams Meaning the Chargers or the Raiders . But if Kronke wants to move the Rama back to LA he will with or without the blessing of the other owners. The NFL propaganda machine needs to stop pumping out BS stories like this.

"NFL owners realize that Kroenke has the resources to "go rogue" if he doesn't get approval for his LA stadium... he doesn't regard playing in the House That Peacock Built as a victory. St. Louis handed him a winning lottery ticket by letting him out of his Edward Jones lease and he intends to cash it."

Gordo: NFL owners remain torn on LA options : Sports

NFL owners realize that Kroenke has the resources to "go rogue" if he doesn't get approval for his LA stadium. Hence the need to broker peace. He needed to come out ahead of this and he doesn't regard playing in the House That Peacock Built as avictory. St. Louis handed him a winning lottery ticket by letting him out of his Edward Jones lease and he intends to cash it... "

Stan Kroenke's $1.86 billion , 80,000 seat Inglewood Stadium Project is set to begin construction in less the three weeks .

The Carson stadium proposal is still no where's near a announcement of a construction date , nor does it have the commitments of both the Chargers and Raiders to occupy it , as the financier Goldman-Sachs has stipulated .

By NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and the League continuing to stall any decision to vote on Relocation for Stan Kroenke and the Rams to begin preparations for a move to it's temporary facilities at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and the commencement of season ticket sales for the Los Angeles Rams , this brings up a serious concern for the NFL in violating (again) the United States Anti-Trust Laws , the same situation that the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Commission and Raiders owner Al Davis won in a lawsuit against the NFL back in 1989 .

Even if Stan Kroenke doesn't file a Anti-Trust lawsuit against the NFL , the City of Inglewood , Stockbridge Capital , The Hollywood Park Land Company , HKS , the stadium designers and possibly the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum could still file a lawsuit as co-plaintiffs for investing millions if not billions of dollars in a stadium project that is being postponed due to the incompetence of the League to make the obvious business choice in Los Angeles , with all of their personal interests set aside .

The only venue in Los Angeles that has shown interests in temporarily hosting a NFL franchise is the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum , but only for one team as per Coliseum's rules .

Does the NFL really want to go another round in Federal Court with a record of 0-1 ? If it does , then this means that Rams owner Stan Kroenke won't be the instigator of it .

I still find it funny that thebroadcasters call the rams, st louis only.

I think they do it just to try and convince themselves and their audience. They know what's coming.

Directive by the league! Call them St. Louis so "We CONTROL the narrative".. Also notice how there's NO talk about relocation to Los Angeles? Also league directive!!

Frank Carangelo | Facebook

Earlier in the show when they were talking about Jay coming on to talk about LA relocation, Howie Long got all excited and his partners were kidding with him. He must of been happy about his son Chris going to LA.

Missouri House hearing on stadium deal is today

A lot of people spent Sunday traveling home from the Thanksgiving holiday. We ran into celebrityAndy Cohenat Lambert Airport. He was surprised by the lack of lines at the International Airport.

"This is hilarious! This used to be a major destination here. This used to be a major port. Where are all the people?" said Andy Cohen. "You could roll a couple bowling balls through here and not hit anybody."

Kroenke having a meeting with Nixon means nothing.

Last edited:
Focus of this year's NFL meetings to be L.A. situation

After years of posturing and of using L.A. as a stalking horse to get deals done in other cities, it appears the NFL really does want to get something done this time. One reason for that is now team owners are involved, spending money, and stirring up ire in their home markets. This is not a comfortable spot for the league, and it figures to get even more uncomfortable.

Chargers fan here just stopping by this page. I'll be one to say that you all should not be worried about Kroenke meeting with the Missouri Governor. Though I have no proof of this, imho Kroenke is just giving the Governor one last pitch on his stadium proposal telling him "Alright one more time, give me your best offer". And then he goes into Dallas the next day letting the owners know that he met with the Governor again and that it's just not going to work. Because the current St. Louis proposal is not even close to being acceptable to the league. Kroenke would be out of his mind of he accepted such a lopsided deal. So even if the stadium bill somehow passes through the Aldermen board, the Aldermen will likely want to make necessary changes to make it more appropriate for them to afford the new stadium. But if that happens, then that's taking money away from the NFL from a plan that they're already concerned about in the first place. So that will just as likely backfire.
So in the end I still think, barring a miracle; the Inglewood site is going to be the choice. With the Rams relocating and very likely the Chargers (since they apparently want to make sure they're taken care of).
Hope this can shed some light on others who were concerned about the meeting earlier.
It's all going to be over soon!

One meeting means nothing and Maria you're absolutely right. None of the facts of this entire story are changed by Kroenke allowing Nixon a visit. They've known each other for a long time so I am sure it is nothing more than a courtesy.

In the long run, Kroenke's meeting with Nixon may be nothing more than attempting to meet NFL relocation guidelines, which state that a team must do everything possible to resolve a stadium situation in the original market before gaining permission to relocate... ""

The NFL Constutution , Policies and By-Laws also state that Rams owner Stan Kreonke must ... " give the Commissioner written notice of the proposed transfer, including the date on which the proposed relocation is to become effective, and publish the notice in newspapers of general circulation within the incumbent community."

Rams owner Stan Kreonke must also submit the notice accompanied by a “statement of reasons” in support of the
proposed transfer.

So St Louis Post Dispatch Jim Thom-Ass is again , installing another false hope into the NFL fans in St Louis that Kroenke's Inglewood stadium plan in the Los Angeles area may not be approved , probably due to some BS about the Inglewood stadium transparent dome interupting Radar at near-by LAX . That issue was resolved back in 1995 ...

No ... NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has nudged Kroenke to engage in communication and dialogue with Nixon on the proposed $1 billion riverfront stadium , and that is exactly what StanK did .

While Jim Thom-Ass thinks that Stan Kroenke is having second thoughts , perhaps the meeting between Nixon and Kroenke was a reality check for St Louis and Mr Nixon in verifying that the Rams are moving , and that Mr Nixon should had been more involved in Kroenke's $700 million in rebuilding the 'ED' to top tier standards that could had avoided this whole unfortunate mess .

Intrigue at Rams Park: Kroenke meets with Nixon : Sports

Hopes appear faint NFL will delay L.A. vote

There is a contingent of owners seemingly genuinely concerned about abandoning the longtime home markets. A maximum of two of the three teams can move, and some owners believe just one team should go. That leaves the matter of facilitating suitable solutions in one or two of the home markets.

One of the possibilities proffered by multiple owners is that the league could compel Spanos and Kroenke to work out an agreement that either results in the two “partnering” or in a deal being struck in which one remains in their home market. Sources familiar with Kroenke’s thinking have said he is willing to help one or both of the other teams remain in their home markets.

NFL to LA: Where everyone gets what they don't want

NFL pumps up pressure on Oakland for Raiders stadium plan

The Raiders, by contrast, he said, remain the team most likely to be left out of Los Angeles.

I still think one of the teams will be the Rams. Kronke has the resources to just go Rouge and move with or without approval. The debate is over rather the Chargers or Raiders get shutout of LA.

Goodell's press conference seems to give me an idea even more that if there isn't enough votes Kroenke will still move anyway. That's something we already knew about a year ago anyway since he's the only one out of the three that can afford any penalty.

I believe Nfl gave Kroenke the go before he bought land! I dont buy rogue stuff!

If theres a second team it will be Chargers! Raiders are odd team out and never were gonna get support! Too much moving is their problem!

They don't need to give him the go. He will just go. If they tell him no he will just sue. This Charade is about putting pressure on the cities of Oakland and or San Diego to build a new stadium. Once Kronke breaks ground the Raiders and Chargers won't have the same leverage.

Oakland belongs not just to them but the entire East Bay, Contra Costa County, etc...... NFL seems to fail to recognize that.

Last edited:
NFL working out details for a January Los Angeles relocation meeting | The NFL in L.A. with Vincent Bonsignore

sucks but I'm really preparing myself for them to move to LA.
Dean is blindsided and will do whatever his enormous ego tells him to. Almost everyone here in.Sd already knows it.
At this point, I'd rather the Chargers join the Rams in Inglewood. I wont buy tickets (maybe except Chargers vs Rams games) but I will still be a fan.
Joining the Raiders would be the last straw for me.

Don't give up, Jose. A significant amount of owners are questioning more than one team at this point. Don't believe everything you read.:thup:

Forum List

Back