Expect Gingrich to Start Running Away in the Polls

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Gingrich is in the lead in all the polls and is on fire right now. When Cain drops out I guarantee he endorses Gingrich. Even with all that has happened, Cain still is running at 15-17 in the polls clear cut hold on 3rd place. With Cain's endorsement the majority of those 15-17% will go Gingrich!

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

Be careful what you wish for lefties, Gingrich will rip Telepromoter-in-Chief a new in the debates!

Gingrich is in the lead in all the polls and is on fire right now. When Cain drops out I guarantee he endorses Gingrich. Even with all that has happened, Cain still is running at 15-17 in the polls clear cut hold on 3rd place. With Cain's endorsement the majority of those 15-17% will go Gingrich!

Be careful what you wish for lefties, Gingrich will rip Telepromoter-in-Chief a new in the debates!

Well if the majority of americans who actually would vote for and support him can get past his old issues (which it appears they are doing) then Newt may, as you say, be trouncing obama in debates come next year.

Its all about how people "feel" about his baggage. You know the conservatives are going to forgive all past issues if Newt is running up against obama but you also know the liberals will go on the media warpath exposing all Newts old baggage.

How does this impact things...well it doesn't change the left or right's base's attitude toward gingrich but the independants may stick with obama if newts issues are painted in the right way, then again they may flock to newt if the issue are painted the right way.

We shall see........i wanted Newt to run last time so its obvious his past transgressions don't bother me, but then again i'm not a conservative social values type of voter.

The polls seem to be very fickle on the right at this point. Its interesting though. The other GOP candidates dont seem to be focused on exactly what this man, Newt is about.

I am sure the left will remind the country what this man did and what he morally/ethically and humanely is ALL about. Newt is a dream for the left. He really is. The former speaker of the house is about to get reminded how horrible a candidate/man/human being he is.

Good luck.

As it looks like Cain is dropping out, I'd expect Newt to run away with the nomination as those that opposed Mitt stop being split and start forming up behind Newt.

He's got some issues. He'll be a strong candidate as long as he doesn't lose his temper.

It's not like there aren't Dems out there with a lot of the same or similar baggage, so that'll have a blunting effect IMO.

I'm not so sure that Newt will start running away in the polls though. It's still pretty early and think Iowa, NH, and SC have to play out before things may start to move in someone's direction. Gonna be an interesting next few months, that's for sure.

Gingrich will crash back to earth just like all the other flavors of the month

I would LOVE to see the Tea Party people back Gingrich and expose the hypocrisy of everything they claim to stand for. Gingrich is as much of Washington insider as you can get.

I would LOVE to see the Tea Party people back Gingrich and expose the hypocrisy of everything they claim to stand for. Gingrich is as much of Washington insider as you can get.

I dono that the TP cared about who was a washinton insider... It was more about getting rid of the Big Government neocons and Liberal Republicans in the party, people like Newt.

We have a single party system because both support bigger Government.

Well if the majority of americans who actually would vote for and support him can get past his old issues (which it appears they are doing) then Newt may, as you say, be trouncing obama in debates come next year.

Its all about how people "feel" about his baggage. You know the conservatives are going to forgive all past issues if Newt is running up against obama but you also know the liberals will go on the media warpath exposing all Newts old baggage.

How does this impact things...well it doesn't change the left or right's base's attitude toward gingrich but the independants may stick with obama if newts issues are painted in the right way, then again they may flock to newt if the issue are painted the right way.

We shall see........i wanted Newt to run last time so its obvious his past transgressions don't bother me, but then again i'm not a conservative social values type of voter.

I'm right there with ya PP. I'm a fiscal conservative and an Indi. I wouldn't have problem one voting for Newt.

I could care less about Newt's or anyone elses personal baggage.

As long as the guy ain't a serial killer, rapist or fucking bank robber I could give a flying fuck.

I'm looking for someone who can run the country. Someone who can get the country back to work and get the economy out of that ditch its been stuck in for three years

Last edited:

I dono that the TP cared about who was a washinton insider... It was more about getting rid of the Big Government neocons and Liberal Republicans in the party, people like Newt.

I just meant that Newt is a shining example of big government, lobbyist payoffs and everything that the Tea Party claims to be against. He's a fat cat career politician and nothing close to a small government grass roots candidate of the people, no matter what he might try and say.

Thats interesting.

It was my understanding that the TP were against big Govt.

Any TPers on the board to clarify??

I just meant that Newt is a shining example of big government, lobbyist payoffs and everything that the Tea Party claims to be against. He's a fat cat career politician and nothing close to a small government grass roots candidate of the people, no matter what he might try and say.

I agree with that, yes. That is why I think if Newt is the the man for Reps Obama will win... People want a real leader, not Obama/Mitt/Newt/Cain... all the same people.

Thats interesting.

It was my understanding that the TP were against big Govt.

Any TPers on the board to clarify??

That is my understanding too. Hence why I will laugh my ass off if Tea Partiers endorse Gingrich who is anything but a small government outsider.

Gingrich will crash back to earth just like all the other flavors of the month

Going by what has happened to every single front runner in the GOP so far, you may have a point.

In the end, Romney will be the choice and it will be interesting seeing the right throwing their support at him. Between him flip flopping, his Obamacare like stance (at first) on health care and being a Mormon, this should be interesting.

Newt has a TON of baggage that so many have forgotten about. It will be out in the open for all to see soon enough. Cain will probably feel sorry for HIM.

I have no problem with Newt. I'm not a TPer nor am I a Rep.

I never thought Newt would be in the running for anything. He lost his team early on and I had pretty much written him off.

I have watched him during the debates and the guy knows his shit. He is the smartest guy in the room bar none.

It should be very interesting if Newt gets the nom. Very interesting indeed.

Forum List

Back