Expect Gingrich to Start Running Away in the Polls

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GHook93, Nov 29, 2011.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    Gingrich is in the lead in all the polls and is on fire right now. When Cain drops out I guarantee he endorses Gingrich. Even with all that has happened, Cain still is running at 15-17 in the polls clear cut hold on 3rd place. With Cain's endorsement the majority of those 15-17% will go Gingrich!

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

Be careful what you wish for lefties, Gingrich will rip Telepromoter-in-Chief a new in the debates!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,852
    If so, then my vote will hinge on the debates.

3. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Well if the majority of americans who actually would vote for and support him can get past his old issues (which it appears they are doing) then Newt may, as you say, be trouncing obama in debates come next year.

Its all about how people "feel" about his baggage. You know the conservatives are going to forgive all past issues if Newt is running up against obama but you also know the liberals will go on the media warpath exposing all Newts old baggage.

How does this impact things...well it doesn't change the left or right's base's attitude toward gingrich but the independants may stick with obama if newts issues are painted in the right way, then again they may flock to newt if the issue are painted the right way.

We shall see........i wanted Newt to run last time so its obvious his past transgressions don't bother me, but then again i'm not a conservative social values type of voter.

4. Zoom

Zoom BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +276
    The polls seem to be very fickle on the right at this point. Its interesting though. The other GOP candidates dont seem to be focused on exactly what this man, Newt is about.

I am sure the left will remind the country what this man did and what he morally/ethically and humanely is ALL about. Newt is a dream for the left. He really is. The former speaker of the house is about to get reminded how horrible a candidate/man/human being he is.

Good luck.

5. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Mathematician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,054
    As it looks like Cain is dropping out, I'd expect Newt to run away with the nomination as those that opposed Mitt stop being split and start forming up behind Newt.

He's got some issues. He'll be a strong candidate as long as he doesn't lose his temper.

6. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,661
    It's not like there aren't Dems out there with a lot of the same or similar baggage, so that'll have a blunting effect IMO.

I'm not so sure that Newt will start running away in the polls though. It's still pretty early and think Iowa, NH, and SC have to play out before things may start to move in someone's direction. Gonna be an interesting next few months, that's for sure.

7. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,500
    Gingrich will crash back to earth just like all the other flavors of the month

8. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    If Newt wins the nom expect one of the lowest turnouts ever in the GE for Republicans.

9. RDD_1210

RDD_1210 Forms his own opinions

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,018
    I would LOVE to see the Tea Party people back Gingrich and expose the hypocrisy of everything they claim to stand for. Gingrich is as much of Washington insider as you can get.

10. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    I dono that the TP cared about who was a washinton insider... It was more about getting rid of the Big Government neocons and Liberal Republicans in the party, people like Newt.

We have a single party system because both support bigger Government.