Expand The US War In Syria Or Get Out: What Say You?...

Expand US War in Syria Or Get Out

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The majority of Iraqis are Shi'ite and so it is no surprise that Sunni consider Shi'ites who rebelled against the Sunni to be radicals, but when it came time to choose a leader for Iraq, Maliki was moderate compared to the other choices. I understand you are a big fan of the stable ME in which Saddam was executing 1,000 people a week, gassing the Kurds and locking them up in concentration camps, driving Shi'ites out of their villages by destroying the water supple and holding public executions of Shi'ite village leaders to further terrorize his enemies and that you rue the fact the US destabilized this "peace" you so admire. The war was very costly but the fact is that by the time Obama came to office, a democratic government was in place that was in the process of guaranteeing protections to minorities and there was less violence between Sunni and Shi'ite than there had been in a thousand years. Obama destroyed this structure which the Bush administration had built up and abandoned all the people in Iraq who had allied themselves with the US despite the fact all the diplomats and military who had been involved there told him if he withdrew the troops Iraq would go up in flames because he didn't want to go into the 2012 election not having kept his main promise from 2008.
Bush fucked it up so bad that everyone in the region gave up on his government. Obama intentionally blew up the region to counter Bush's Shiite expansion. No one in our government ever really gave a shit about Iraqi's. The only thing Bush had to do was keep Iraq from falling into the hands of Iran and he failed.
Nonsense, by the time Bush left office, Iraq was a functioning democracy trying to hammer out laws about civil liberties, al Qaeda had been reduced to no more than a nuisance and there was less violence between the Sunni and Shia in Iraq than there have been in a thousand years. Obama blew it up despite being told by everyone involved in Iraq that if he did the country would go up in flames because he was never anything more than an ambitious politician and he was willing to allow hundreds of thousands of people die to enhance his chances of a second term.
Dude, declassified documents from Brennan's visit with the Saudi Monarchy (Obama era) expose your fraudulent claim.

3. (S) U.S. CREDIBILITY IS CRITICAL: The Bush Administration is now in the past, the King said. Both President Bushes were his friends, but the recent President Bush didn,t take his advice on dealing with issues in the region, and they found their problems "compounded." The King said, "we are ready to consult, provide guidance and to do whatever is necessary. We are people of the region and we know it well." Brennan responded that President Obama wants to listen, and asked what advice the King would offer to President Obama. Abdullah said his one piece of advice was that restoring U.S. credibility in the world was critically important. Brennan responded that this was an important issue for President Obama as well. Brennan said that under President Obama we will restore our credibility. He said the U.S. is a great country and we know what we have to do.
Cable: 09RIYADH447_a
lol You obviously didn't understand what you read.
Explain it smart guy.
lol It is completely irrelevant to the situation that existed in Iraq at the time.

Bush fucked it up so bad that everyone in the region gave up on his government. Obama intentionally blew up the region to counter Bush's Shiite expansion. No one in our government ever really gave a shit about Iraqi's. The only thing Bush had to do was keep Iraq from falling into the hands of Iran and he failed.
Nonsense, by the time Bush left office, Iraq was a functioning democracy trying to hammer out laws about civil liberties, al Qaeda had been reduced to no more than a nuisance and there was less violence between the Sunni and Shia in Iraq than there have been in a thousand years. Obama blew it up despite being told by everyone involved in Iraq that if he did the country would go up in flames because he was never anything more than an ambitious politician and he was willing to allow hundreds of thousands of people die to enhance his chances of a second term.
Dude, declassified documents from Brennan's visit with the Saudi Monarchy (Obama era) expose your fraudulent claim.

3. (S) U.S. CREDIBILITY IS CRITICAL: The Bush Administration is now in the past, the King said. Both President Bushes were his friends, but the recent President Bush didn,t take his advice on dealing with issues in the region, and they found their problems "compounded." The King said, "we are ready to consult, provide guidance and to do whatever is necessary. We are people of the region and we know it well." Brennan responded that President Obama wants to listen, and asked what advice the King would offer to President Obama. Abdullah said his one piece of advice was that restoring U.S. credibility in the world was critically important. Brennan responded that this was an important issue for President Obama as well. Brennan said that under President Obama we will restore our credibility. He said the U.S. is a great country and we know what we have to do.
Explain it smart guy.
lol It is completely irrelevant to the situation that existed in Iraq at the time.
The Saudi King's fear that Bush handed Iraq to Iran on a silver platter is completely irrelevant?

:290968001256257790-final:

Explain it smart guy.
The Saudi King's fear that Bush handed Iraq to Iran on a silver platter is completely irrelevant?

The Saudi king is addressing and Sunni Shi'ite issue, but in fact, while the US was still engaged in Iraq, Iran's influence had been minimized, but when Obama pulled out, he handed Iraq over to Iran.

Explain it smart guy.

The Saudi king is addressing and Sunni Shi'ite issue, but in fact, while the US was still engaged in Iraq, Iran's influence had been minimized, but when Obama pulled out, he handed Iraq over to Iran.
Still only one person voted that we should have got involved.

Trump really spoke highly of Putin. Now we see Putin is ok with Syria using chemical weapons. So Putin is fine with doing things that cross trumps red line?

Looks like Trump just announced a new massive bombing campaign in Syria. Do you agree or disagree with his decision?
One person agrees with trump. Lol

Yeah, he had it right last week when he was talkin withdrawal. But then suddenly, a 'Chemical Attack' happens. Pretty interesting timing, huh? Looks like he's trapped. The 'Regime Change' folks score another win.

So what candidate Trump said was right but the thing that bugs me is that he shouldn't have been armchair qb'ing Obama. Now we see his talk before he became president was bullshit.

One thing he got right though is

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

11:01 AM - 8 Nov 2013

All US Presidents bomb & kill. It's like some sort of dark initiation into the NWO Elite Club or something. Trump got played. He started talkin withdrawal, and then suddenly a 'Chemcal Attack' happens. An attack that benefited Assad in no way, shape, or form. It only benefited the Regime Change folks.

Trump got forced into these bombings. The powers-that-be have been planning to kill Assad for many years. And not even a US President will be allowed to foil that plan. It's very sad. But oh well, another day another war. That's life in the most violent nation on earth. :(

Judging by this little poll here at USMB, folks overwhelmingly support getting out of Syria. I think most Americans want us out of all these countries. I think they're tired of endless war. So when will a US Politician come along and be brave enough to get us out? Hopefully soon.

And i'm very disappointed so few Republicans have expressed disdain for the fact Trump didn't go to Congress for approval. Personally, i heavily criticized Obama for that. Republicans need to step up.

Only one USMB poster has voted to expand the US war in Syria? Wow, even i didn't expect that.

And i'm very disappointed so few Republicans have expressed disdain for the fact Trump didn't go to Congress for approval. Personally, i heavily criticized Obama for that. Republicans need to step up.
You criticized Obama? He did go to Congress......that's why he didn't hold his line and bomb Assad. Congress said no.

You criticized Obama? He did go to Congress......that's why he didn't hold his line and bomb Assad. Congress said no.

Obama bombed several nations without Congressional approval. Libya and Yemen come to mind, but there were others too.

Almost no one, left or right, wants to be in Syria. Get out FFS.

I hear ya, but the powers-that-be had Regime Change in Syria planned for years. Not even a US President will be allowed to stand in the way. That's how much power they have.

I hear ya, but the powers-that-be had Regime Change in Syria planned for years. Not even a US President will be allowed to stand in the way. That's how much power they have.

The president is supposed to sit at the zenith of the "powers that be", so I don't think you can just excuse him and blame everything on shadowy conspiracies. A strong president would lead the nation, not get led around by the nose.

The president is supposed to sit at the zenith of the "powers that be", so I don't think you can just excuse him and blame everything on shadowy conspiracies. A strong president would lead the nation, not get led around by the nose.

The last President to challenge the Deep State/CIA, didn't fare too well. He got his head blown off.

There is absolutely nothing worth America fighting and/or dying for in the Middle East.
Who was it who pointed out the 3 colonialists 100 years ago who started the mess, USA, U.K., France are together again.?
I don't see the manliness of bombing defenseless people from 1000 miles away

Obama bombed several nations without Congressional approval. Libya and Yemen come to mind, but there were others too.
I see. I was thinking in the context of the Syrian bombing.

Republicans are constitutionalists only when it serves their purpose. They will remain silent on Trump's crime.

"i hope the homeland of your early years is imprinted on you and that you understand that wherever you are, the blood of Syria and the pride of our people runs through you" - Mother of 7 year old Syrian refugee Bana Alabed

I see. I was thinking in the context of the Syrian bombing.

Republicans are constitutionalists only when it serves their purpose. They will remain silent on Trump's crime.

Yeah, i'm disappointed in most of my fellow Republicans. Not much talk from them on Trump not going to Congress.

"i hope the homeland of your early years is imprinted on you and that you understand that wherever you are, the blood of Syria and the pride of our people runs through you" - Mother of 7 year old Syrian refugee Bana Alabed

Propaganda. She likely works for either the British or US Governments in some capacity. She's just a shill for foreign Regime Change advocates. One could fairly call her a traitor to her homeland.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back