Executive Order limitations

The most shocking part of all of this is the anticipated audacity of obama thinking he can bypass congress and piss on the constitution with an EO.

Why do you and others here who are all up in arms about this believe that you can read minds and know Obama's mental state when no EO has even been issued, and you have zero idea what it might contain?

Because we know it's coming. These assholes have had these ideas on the back burner for years. They've just been waiting for the right tragedy to come along that they could exploit.

If you think otherwise, you're not being truthful to yourself.

If the kenyan thinks he's going to impinge on the constitutional rights of law abiding Americans by EO, I see states passing their own laws that will render his EO useless.

Oh yea?

Just wait for the Kenyan to march into those states and kick some butt

If he does, maybe he can start wearing the top hat worn by Lincoln. :badgrin:

Let me guess, rw changed the subject again by posing a strawman counterpoint. (I actually want to see what he said and if I'm right when someone replies to him):D

Yes he did.

Not the least bit surprised. His whole methodology of debating is to go off on unrelated tangents. When that falls flat he goes into attack mode. When he gets his ass handed to him there... he resorts to thanking everyone who thinks of saying what he couldn't.

Another one of his gimmicks is to accuse you of saying some stupid thing that he actually said but hopes no one will go back to verify.

Just watch him for awhile. I've given exampe after example with links and post numbers as to what he does.

If the kenyan thinks he's going to impinge on the constitutional rights of law abiding Americans by EO, I see states passing their own laws that will render his EO useless.

Oh yea?

Just wait for the Kenyan to march into those states and kick some butt

hahaha-024.gif

The kenyan has all these troops returning from Afghanistan. Nothing better to do with them than kick some red neck butt

Let me guess, rw changed the subject again by posing a strawman counterpoint. (I actually want to see what he said and if I'm right when someone replies to him):D

Yes he did.

Not the least bit surprised. His whole methodology of debating is to go off on unrelated tangents. When that falls flat he goes into attack mode. When he gets his ass handed to him there... he resorts to thanking everyone who thinks of saying what he couldn't.

Another one of his gimmicks is to accuse you of saying some stupid thing that he actually said but hopes no one will go back to verify.

Just watch him for awhile. I've given exampe after example with links and post numbers as to what he does.

Me thinks someone is becoming obsessive

Imagine his butthurt if he didn't have me on ignore?

Actually, in the case of FDR the checks and balances never worked.

They did, but not until 1988, when Congress and the president regulated themselves.

Small, unpopular groups of people in the U.S. can be particularly vulnerable. There were only about 10,000 Japanese-Americans at the time of the EO, and Americans were terrified of terroristic acts on American shores after Pearl Harbor. The potential is ripe for abuse when you have a frightened, racist populace that is at war.

On the flip side, using an EO to dismantle a constitutional amendment that is extremely popular in the U.S., with widespread support from over 140 million gun owners, is unlikely to last very long.

So your arugment is that the system worked because some 50 years later they admitted it did not work?

Hmm?

no, her argument is that sometimes it takes a long time to work, especially in cases where an unpopular minority is involved.

you're not too bright, are you?

There are many ways for an EO to be challenged, overturned, or circumvented.

That's why I don't really understand the hysteria.

Do you?

:lol:

if there's one thing pole understands, it's hysteria

Do you?

The most shocking part of all of this is the anticipated audacity of obama thinking he can bypass congress and piss on the constitution with an EO.

yeah, he should use more signing statements.

that;s the american way

Do you?

When have they been circumvented? It seems to me that everyone in government is all in agreement more often than not. Whether this is due to political coercion of simply being part of a group think tank, is uncertain.

:lmao:

yeahright

Do you?

:lol:

if there's one thing pole understands, it's hysteria
HEY... smelideli the board idiot is here... hi smeli... how's the herpes on your mouth coming?

Yes he did.

Yes the anti gun nutters are obsessed with private ownership.

Yes the anti gun nutters are obsessed with private ownership.

He's even too dumb to realize that even on ignore I can see what he says after someone else replies to him.

Just watch what he does and posts.

And yes he is obsessed on the issue of gun control. He's on every thread concerning it and ultimately works Bush into at some point.

Last edited:
If an EO were to come out of all of this, my guess would be something that would close the gun show loophole or require background checks on private sales.

Agree

Obama does not have the power or political capital to order a ban. He can use EO to set federal requirements for background checks. Tie federal aid to enforcement

We will have to wait and see

Obama thinks he has the power/political capital to do whatever he wants.

If an EO were to come out of all of this, my guess would be something that would close the gun show loophole or require background checks on private sales.

Agree

Obama does not have the power or political capital to order a ban. He can use EO to set federal requirements for background checks. Tie federal aid to enforcement

We will have to wait and see

Obama thinks he has the power/political capital to do whatever he wants.

We shall see

Because we know it's coming. These assholes have had these ideas on the back burner for years. They've just been waiting for the right tragedy to come along that they could exploit.

If you think otherwise, you're not being truthful to yourself.

No, I think that the NRA has created just exactly the proper degree of paranoia in people like you to ensure the donations keep flowing, just like Al Sharpton has created the proper degree of paranoia in black people to keep himself in the media spotlight.

Forum List

Back