Evolution is a False Religion not Proven Science.

See? This is what you're up against when you try to reason with the 'faithful'.

...why is that true?...because it's in the Bible...why does being in the Bible make it true?...because it's the Bible...

That, for better or for worse, is the irrationality of religion.

Faithful atheists argue that their conclusions are true because their high school teacher told them it was true. And the irony is that atheists believe truth is relative so the mere act of arguing over what is true is purely absurd, yet they do it anyway.

Regardless, you know your statement is dishonest to begin with because I have given you proof on several occasions for the validity of the Bible.

(skims for the science part...)

Hmm...
(skims for the well thought out response part...)

Hmm...

I'm trying to figure out which religion I should join.

a. Mormons say all the other Christians are false religions that have been led astray a long time ago. Jesus told Joseph Smith this in 1800. Is this a false religion?

b. Catholics say they are the one true original faith and all other christians are just spin offs.

c. Born agains say if you haven't been baptized as an adult you haven't been saved yet, so all the other christians who were baptized when we were babies are going to hell.

d. Presbyterians, lutherans, non denomination, baptists, greek orthodox. If you were born into one of these but you were baptized as children, defend yourselves against the born agains please.

e. Muslims. Maybe god did talk to him 500 years ago.

f. Jews. Maybe they were right and Jesus wasn't the Messiah.

g. None of the above.

I pick g.
You finally admit it's a religion. That's a step forward.

Hmm...

Hmm...

a. Mormons say all the other Christians are false religions that have been led astray a long time ago. Jesus told Joseph Smith this in 1800. Is this a false religion?

b. Catholics say they are the one true original faith and all other christians are just spin offs.

c. Born agains say if you haven't been baptized as an adult you haven't been saved yet, so all the other christians who were baptized when we were babies are going to hell.

d. Presbyterians, lutherans, non denomination, baptists, greek orthodox. If you were born into one of these but you were baptized as children, defend yourselves against the born agains please.

g. None of the above.

I pick g.

I wish it was. Then I could be a preacher and swindle my members and get tax breaks.

Hmm...

Hmm...

g. None of the above.

I pick g.

I wish it was. Then I could be a preacher and swindle my members and get tax breaks.

Nothing is stopping you. Admittedly, you are picking a religion with a small market place, but you could probably make a decent living at it.

Hmm...

Hmm...

g. None of the above.

I pick g.

Nothing is stopping you. Admittedly, you are picking a religion with a small market place, but you could probably make a decent living at it.

I'm sure that's what they told Christians in the year 1.

San Diego Atheist Group Looks To Spread Non-Belief KPBS

Ardent Atheists Spread Their Reverence For Disbelief NPR

As a businessman I see a lot of potential for growth.

Hmm...

Hmm...

g. None of the above.

I pick g.

the bumper sticker market alone could keep the roof overhead and food on the table.

Hmm...

Hmm...

g. None of the above.

I pick g.

the bumper sticker market alone could keep the roof overhead and food on the table.

Do you think I would trust Christians to not key my car or flatten my tires if they read my atheist bumper sticker?

But notice I have never once vandalized a theists car when they put those stupid honk if you love jesus stickers on their cars. I should pull up along side them and honk and smile and when they smile back flip them off and speed off laughing. LOL.

Do you think I would trust Christians to not key my car or flatten my tires if they read my atheist bumper sticker?

But notice I have never once vandalized a theists car when they put those stupid honk if you love jesus stickers on their cars. I should pull up along side them and honk and smile and when they smile back flip them off and speed off laughing. LOL.[/QUOTE]

I had a Darwin fish on the back of my truck for years, never got keyed even once. I'd say you're just being paranoid.

But notice I have never once vandalized a theists car when they put those stupid honk if you love jesus stickers on their cars. I should pull up along side them and honk and smile and when they smile back flip them off and speed off laughing. LOL.

I had a Darwin fish on the back of my truck for years, never got keyed even once. I'd say you're just being paranoid.[/QUOTE]

Big difference between Darwin and Atheism. Put a God's Not Real sticker on your car and see what happens.

I had a Darwin fish on the back of my truck for years, never got keyed even once. I'd say you're just being paranoid.

Big difference between Darwin and Atheism. Put a God's Not Real sticker on your car and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

The reason I am pretty much confined to this particular part of the board is that the people here are relatively sane. Even the most rabid of us here don't hold a candle to what happens in the political sections. Those people are utterly insane. Yet I have seen both conservative and liberal stickers on bumpers without any sign of problems. I repeat, you're just being paranoid. No one cares what you put on your bumper.

Hmm...

Hmm...

g. None of the above.

I pick g.

Actually, you made a mistake on "c" because being "born again" doesn't have to do with being baptized. Yes, there are people that claim you must be baptized or you are going to hell, but that would be adding to the finished work of the cross, therefore that would be heresy. With that correction, all of the options in your list have one thread in common (okay, make that two): they are man made and they either subtracted from or added to the Bible. So, yes, option "g" would be the best choice. But answering that gets you only to the realization that man made religion is a bad thing. You must then accept Christ as your personal Savior and enter into a relationship with him. God's wants to know you personally.

No, it has nothing to do with going to church, living in a Christian country, being baptized as a baby, wearing holy underwear, bowing down in prayer several times a day to a rock, doing funky rituals, trying to do good things. No, what God wants is you to surrender yourself and become his. To recognize that your ways aren't good enough and that you need to return to your father. He wants to be with you, to be your companion, friend and father just as he created Adam to be in the garden before Adam fell in sin thereby severing his relationship because he chose to walk after his fleshly eyes rather than his spiritual senses.

Big difference between Darwin and Atheism. Put a God's Not Real sticker on your car and see what happens.

So do you have Santa isn't real, the easter bunny isn't real, reality isn't real, the flying spaghetti monster isn't real, outer space isn't real bumper stickers on your car too? Or do you have just a particular bone to pick with God?

It's your right to have that sticker on there, but it is absurd. I don't believe in the flying spaghetti monster or the easter bunny, but I don't take the time to put stickers on my car slandering them.

So do you have Santa isn't real, the easter bunny isn't real, reality isn't real, the flying spaghetti monster isn't real, outer space isn't real bumper stickers on your car too? Or do you have just a particular bone to pick with God?

It's your right to have that sticker on there, but it is absurd. I don't believe in the flying spaghetti monster or the easter bunny, but I don't take the time to put stickers on my car slandering them.

That would be freedom of speech. Why should you be offended by it just because you disagree?

The reason I am pretty much confined to this particular part of the board is that the people here are relatively sane. Even the most rabid of us here don't hold a candle to what happens in the political sections. Those people are utterly insane. Yet I have seen both conservative and liberal stickers on bumpers without any sign of problems. I repeat, you're just being paranoid. No one cares what you put on your bumper.

Sometimes - there are always nut cases who will make a big deal out of nothing and go way too far to make a point, but even with pagan bumper stickers on my car, no one ever tried to mess with me because of them.

That would be freedom of speech. Why should you be offended by it just because you disagree?

Where did I say I was offended? If you read my post, I said that it was their right to do so (i.e. freedom of speech). I am not offended by stupidity. No, I am only bringing to light how much people are obsessed with hating the God of the Bible.

Allow me to rephrase the question - why would you call someone expressing his/her opinion, "stupid" or "absurd?"

Speaking out against something, aught to be encouraged.

Where did I say I was offended? If you read my post, I said that it was their right to do so (i.e. freedom of speech). I am not offended by stupidity. No, I am only bringing to light how much people are obsessed with hating the God of the Bible.

Allow me to rephrase the question - why would you call someone expressing his/her opinion, "stupid" or "absurd?"

Speaking out against something, aught to be encouraged.
????....why would anyone want to encourage stupidity?.......

You're suffering from a bit of paranoia. I know of no one who spends time hating your gods or anyone else's gods. What I do see is a reaction to extremist Christian groups who have decided that their gods need to be installed into both the public and private domain, the public school system for one example.

We have a clearly defined history depicting religious tenets as being biased toward themselves and poorly disposed toward competitive belief systems and ideas contrary to the religious dogma. We also have a clearly defined history that shows extremist Christians are not the embracing, accepting lot you might hope to portray. This nation is, by form of crafting, a nation of secular laws with divisions of church and state.

Let's keep it that way. You're free to believe in any and all gods as you wish. I'm free from your compulsion.

See? This is what you're up against when you try to reason with the 'faithful'.

...why is that true?...because it's in the Bible...why does being in the Bible make it true?...because it's the Bible...

That, for better or for worse, is the irrationality of religion.

Faithful atheists argue that their conclusions are true because their high school teacher told them it was true. And the irony is that atheists believe truth is relative so the mere act of arguing over what is true is purely absurd, yet they do it anyway.

Regardless, you know your statement is dishonest to begin with because I have given you proof on several occasions for the validity of the Bible.

yea, just to name a few: talking snakes unicorns and the sun standing still and the sun revolves around the earth is reality to ignorant boarder line retards , Atheists have actually read the bible and are more educated then your garden variety bible thumpers with barely a high school or home 'skool' "education"

Survey Atheists Agnostics Know More About Religion Than Religious The Two-Way NPR

Forum List

Back