Evolution is a False Religion not Proven Science.

[
I will acknowledge I only use that sidestep when pointless babble is required to balance your pointless babble......if you choose to waste my time with comments about 6000 year old earths I will always respond with questions about your belief in 150k year old AGW......

Since by your standards scientists can't prove the Earth isn't only 6000 years old, and since you believe anyway that faithbased belief is a legitimate alternative to science,

why are you implicitly denigrating the people who do in fact believe in the 6000 year old, or young Earth, 'theory'?

"]
[
Why not just acknowledge that you're going to sidestep questions put to you with your usual pointless babble?

He's one of the messageboard types who thinks that in order to prove him wrong you have to get him to admit he's wrong. Like if he doesn't say 'uncle' he hasn't lost the argument.
I've never lost an argument.....the longest discussion I've had over the years with an atheist lasted over 500 pages......

lol, see what I mean? ...and I'm guessing that 400 pages of that argument involved you denying or avoiding irrefutable facts.
and do you really believe you've quoted one of these irrefutable facts?.....

that's the fifth time someone has quoted that......nothing has changed since the last time it was discussed.....still nothing more than a cluster of single celled organisms that reproduce and die, one cell at a time.....

Just like the birthers, every time someone produces the evidence you demand, you either simply deny it exists or move the goalposts.
I haven't moved any goal posts.....I'm still asking for the same thing I have been since January.....proof that a single celled organism ever evolved into a multicelled organism.......and there's a good reason to deny it exists......the reason is, it doesn't exist......if it did, one of you fools would have produced it since January.....instead I just get the same failed arguments, over and over and over.....

You are establishing a false premise to argue from, which is that unless scientists can reproduce some event in a laboratory, it cannot be considered a valid theory.

We can't recreate the 5 billion year history of the Earth in a lab. That does not in any way reduce science's estimate of the age of the Earth to simply a guess equal in merit to the Bible's 6000 year age of Earth estimate.
1) close.....you have to have some form of evidence that exhibits the claim passes at least an initial test of being falsifiable....
2) like Hollie, you should reserve your arguments about 6000 year old earths to discussion with people that believe in 6000 year old earths.....the claim is meaningless in an argument with me....

1) Evolution is easily falsifable were a Creator to make himself known and were then to demonstrate beyond a reasonable doubt that he could create complex living creatures, fully formed, by design.

In other words, evolution is falsifiable by the so-called Intelligent Design theory.
and your diversion means the same?....
The diversion is yours. Biological evolution is denied by fundies because it directly contradicts creation tales and fables. Your denials are driven by your lack of knowledge regarding science.
the evolution of a single celled organism into a multicelled organism and eventually into a human being is denied by me because there is no scientific evidence it ever happened.....that conclusion comes to me because I have more knowledge of science than you do......
You give yourself credit for nothing. If you had ever had an introduction to biology, you would never had made such a statement.

As usual, you slither away when you're tasked with supporting your claims to magic and supernaturalism.

Thrill us with the evidence you have for Noah's Ark and biblical tales. Identify for us how all of existence began 6,000 years ago.
I'm sorry....there seems to be static in your transmission.....did you ask about evidence for 150k year old AGW?.....
Why not just acknowledge that you're going to sidestep questions put to you with your usual pointless babble?
I will acknowledge I only use that sidestep when pointless babble is required to balance your pointless babble......if you choose to waste my time with comments about 6000 year old earths I will always respond with questions about your belief in 150k year old AGW......
Yet, another sidestep.
yes, your paste of "6000 year old earth" was yet another sidestep....

[

Since by your standards scientists can't prove the Earth isn't only 6000 years old, and since you believe anyway that faithbased belief is a legitimate alternative to science,

why are you implicitly denigrating the people who do in fact believe in the 6000 year old, or young Earth, 'theory'?
people who believe in a 6000 year old earth are free to believe whatever they wish, as are you.....however I do not not acknowledge their belief as a defense against MY arguments, since it is not what I believe.....if you wish to counter my arguments you need to address my arguments, not something you wish I had argued.....
to me, the repeated return to that attempt is nothing more than an admission you cannot counter the real argument raised......

The story has been told of a person who went back to his university professor many years after completing his degree in Economics. He asked to look at the test questions they were now using. He was surprised to see that they were virtually the same questions he was asked when he was a student. The lecturer then said that although the questions were the same the answers are were entirely different!

I once debated with a geology professor from an American University on a radio program. He said that evolution was real science because evolutionists were prepared to continually change their theories as they found new data. He said that creation was not science because a creationist's views were set by the Bible and, therefore, were not subject to change.

I answered, "The reason scientific theories change is because we don't know everything, isn't it? We don't have all the evidence."
"Yes, that's right," he said.
I replied, "But, we will never know everything."
"That's true," he answered.
I then stated, "We will always continue to find new evidence."
"Quite correct," he said. I replied, "That means we can't be sure about anything."
"Right," he said.
"That means we can't be sure about evolution."
"Oh, no! Evolution is a fact," he blurted out. He was caught by his own logic. He was demonstrating how his view was determined by his bias.

Models of science are subject to change for both creationists and evolutionists. But the beliefs that these models are built on are not.

The problem is that most scientists do not realize that it is the belief (or religion) of evolution that is the basis for the scientific models (the interpretations, or stories) used to attempt an explanation of the present. Evolutionists are not prepared to change their actual belief that all life can be explained by natural processes and that no God is involved (or even needed). Evolution is the religion to which they are committed. Christians need to wake up to this. Evolution is a religion; it is not a science!
Evolution is Religion
religion, when it will be truly understood and practiced, will be seen for what it is evolution. We live in a time when it's thought that making and saving as much money anyway we can by using our "intelligence and or violent shrudeness" will some home make us more apt to survive and thrive individually. this myth will soon be debunked as even the riches fleas won't be able to flee the soon to come impacts of this silly way of "life" upon other's deaths. This will be called evolution by some and religion by others. A rose by any other name will still smell just as sweet to those who nose this truth.

that's the fifth time someone has quoted that......nothing has changed since the last time it was discussed.....still nothing more than a cluster of single celled organisms that reproduce and die, one cell at a time.....

Just like the birthers, every time someone produces the evidence you demand, you either simply deny it exists or move the goalposts.
I haven't moved any goal posts.....I'm still asking for the same thing I have been since January.....proof that a single celled organism ever evolved into a multicelled organism.......and there's a good reason to deny it exists......the reason is, it doesn't exist......if it did, one of you fools would have produced it since January.....instead I just get the same failed arguments, over and over and over.....

You are establishing a false premise to argue from, which is that unless scientists can reproduce some event in a laboratory, it cannot be considered a valid theory.

We can't recreate the 5 billion year history of the Earth in a lab. That does not in any way reduce science's estimate of the age of the Earth to simply a guess equal in merit to the Bible's 6000 year age of Earth estimate.
1) close.....you have to have some form of evidence that exhibits the claim passes at least an initial test of being falsifiable....
2) like Hollie, you should reserve your arguments about 6000 year old earths to discussion with people that believe in 6000 year old earths.....the claim is meaningless in an argument with me....

1) Evolution is easily falsifable were a Creator to make himself known and were then to demonstrate beyond a reasonable doubt that he could create complex living creatures, fully formed, by design.

In other words, evolution is falsifiable by the so-called Intelligent Design theory.
The diversion is yours. Biological evolution is denied by fundies because it directly contradicts creation tales and fables. Your denials are driven by your lack of knowledge regarding science.
the evolution of a single celled organism into a multicelled organism and eventually into a human being is denied by me because there is no scientific evidence it ever happened.....that conclusion comes to me because I have more knowledge of science than you do......

But I bet you if you talked to a scientist, they would explain how and why exactly you are wrong. If you weren't wrong science wouldn't be so sure of evolution. Do I know for sure? No. But I'm willing to go with science over YOU, just because you know how to spin scientific evidence.

You give yourself credit for nothing. If you had ever had an introduction to biology, you would never had made such a statement.

As usual, you slither away when you're tasked with supporting your claims to magic and supernaturalism.

Thrill us with the evidence you have for Noah's Ark and biblical tales. Identify for us how all of existence began 6,000 years ago.

Or what most of them have eventually done is to cherry pick. What was thought to be fact 50 years ago Christians know understand are just stories to teach a message, not to be taken literally. But how did the church sell those stories for hundreds of years? They sold them as facts. Now they admit they lied. Or the ones who still think the stories in the bible are literal at least we all look at them and laugh at their level of stupidity. No one except for themselves takes themselves seriously. Now the only christians taken seriously admit that the mosus, noah and adam stories are all just made up fables.

NOW the next trick is to get them to see that Jesus didn't do miracles, wasn't born from a virgin and didn't rise from the dead. Funny christians can't seem to let this one go.

So as we explose christians for being full of shit, they end up admitting that all the stories in the bible are just allegories.

[

people who believe in a 6000 year old earth are free to believe whatever they wish, as are you.....however I do not not acknowledge their belief as a defense against MY arguments, since it is not what I believe.....if you wish to counter my arguments you need to address my arguments, not something you wish I had argued.....
to me, the repeated return to that attempt is nothing more than an admission you cannot counter the real argument raised......

The status of the real argument at this point is

you deny that the theory of Evolution is falsifiable. Since you are unequivocally wrong about that,

that argument is over.

[

you deny that the theory of Evolution is falsifiable. Since you are unequivocally wrong about that,

that argument is over.

Is God Falsifiable?

(skims for the science part...)

Hmm...
(skims for the well thought out response part...)

Hmm...

I'm trying to figure out which religion I should join.

a. Mormons say all the other Christians are false religions that have been led astray a long time ago. Jesus told Joseph Smith this in 1800. Is this a false religion?

b. Catholics say they are the one true original faith and all other christians are just spin offs.

c. Born agains say if you haven't been baptized as an adult you haven't been saved yet, so all the other christians who were baptized when we were babies are going to hell.

d. Presbyterians, lutherans, non denomination, baptists, greek orthodox. If you were born into one of these but you were baptized as children, defend yourselves against the born agains please.

e. Muslims. Maybe god did talk to him 500 years ago.

f. Jews. Maybe they were right and Jesus wasn't the Messiah.

g. None of the above.

I pick g.

[

But I bet you if you talked to a scientist, they would explain how and why exactly you are wrong. If you weren't wrong science wouldn't be so sure of evolution. Do I know for sure? No. But I'm willing to go with science over YOU, just because you know how to spin scientific evidence.
I expect if we asked a scientist if the scientific theory required that something be falsifiable before it can be considered a scientific theory, she would say, "well of course it does!"......

[

that argument is over.
if I am unequivocally wrong you should be able to demonstrate how its falsifiable.....I asked earlier, I don't believe you responded.....if you spent the next six million years trying to get a single celled organism to evolve into a multicelled organism and failed, would you conclude that the hypothesis was false?......

[

that argument is over.

Is God Falsifiable?
God is not a scientific hypothesis.....

[

that argument is over.

Is God Falsifiable?

No. When science gets together god NEVER comes up.

God is made up in your human mind. Sorry to be the one that breaks it to you.

[

that argument is over.

Is God Falsifiable?

/shrugs.....likewise your claim that humans evolved from single celled organisms.....the difference is, you don't realize science isn't involved.....

[

that argument is over.

Is God Falsifiable?

/shrugs.....likewise your claim that humans evolved from single celled organisms.....the difference is, you don't realize science isn't involved.....

Huh? You theists seem to be caught up in this thing about single cell organisms turning into multiple cell organisms. I'm not a scientists. I suggest you ask science what they think about that and if they say they don't know yet rest assured they will keep looking until they find the answers.

What they will not do is say god did it and just stop looking for the truth. To you theists god is the truth but science has proven your god(s) wrong so many times it's sickening. It's called God of the Gaps. Every time we fill in a gap your god gets smaller and smaller. Your god use to be huge before the Age of Enlightenment. Then people stopped saying "oh that was god" every time thunder or lightening happened. They started looking for exactly what caused lightening and thunder and science proved it was not god. And since then every other argument you've had for god, science has refuted. There is no argument for god that doesn't come with at least some fatal flaw.

So stop calling something you can't even prove "the truth". The truth is you have swallowed a lie that your parents swallowed and their parents and every generation dating back to when man first made up god. Does that scare you that there is no god?

How come something had to create us? If something HAD TO create us, who created God? Why do we have to have a creator but your god doesn't? And how do you know your god doesn't have parents?

And shouldn't there be two gods? Funny you believers in god keep crying it takes a man and a woman to make a baby but your god seems to be able to produce by himself. Interesting?

But then again before we came up with only 1 god we use to believe in multiple gods.

[

that argument is over.

Is God Falsifiable?

Huh? You theists seem to be caught up in this thing about single cell organisms turning into multiple cell organisms.
if you can't even prove that a single celled organism evolved into a multicelled organism, how do you expect to prove that a single celled organism evolved into a human being......

if you can't even prove that a single celled organism evolved into a multicelled organism, how do you expect to prove that a single celled organism evolved into a human being......

It's been proven repeatedly. Pretending like it hasn't, is just a game you're playing. At what point does this kind of deception become SIN?

Forum List

Back