Zone1 Everytime someone passes it is assumed that they went to heaven (if people believe in heaven).

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Do people not realize how difficult it is to get into heaven?

There is one person whose funeral I have attended in which I could say confidently, "if there is a heaven, he is there now". For most of us the outcome is far more murky.

My intention is not to sound jaded or perturbed, it is more an issue of reality, "you know Johnny is looking down at us right now..." No. I don't.

In my experiences in all of my interactions with humanity, I could say that about the vast majority of people. Maybe even about myself which is one reason (among many) I am struggling so much because the bar seems so high. Far too high for us to just assume that everyone who dies is "looking down us".

Many people who have experienced NDE's have said they've seen hell. To a person they all changed their ways.

That is all, thank you for your time. Be a good human today.

Many people who have experienced NDE's have said they've seen hell. To a person they all changed their ways.
Never ever seen this reported by any responsible source.
To the contrary , the opposite is the case and nowhere are there reliable and repeated reports of a Christian type of heaven.
However , an after life is consistently and almost universally reported but with no trace off cultist expectations , let alone any reflecting the Christian type of quaint fairy story.

Other than the fact that these questions are beyond human comprehension, I would posit that souls are permanent inhabitants of "heaven" who temporarily reside in human beings during our brief existence on Earth.

Other than the fact that these questions are beyond human comprehension, I would posit that souls are permanent inhabitants of "heaven" who temporarily reside in human beings during our brief existence on Earth.
Appreciate reservations .
But in addition to NDE's "scientifically "reported, you should look at results from past life regression under hypnosis .
Many thousands of cases with Michael Newton's work being highly respected and undertaken using the scientific process all the time .
A fascinating subject .
DYOR

having crucified in the 1st century the aspiring means for admission to the everlasting, liberation theology, self determination and reconciling that aftermath, the desert religions is the primary obstacle to the original prescribed religion of antiquity jesus and those few in the 1st century gave their lives for. is the problem

having crucified in the 1st century the aspiring means for admission to the everlasting, liberation theology, self determination and reconciling that aftermath, the desert religions is the primary obstacle to the original prescribed religion of antiquity jesus and those few in the 1st century gave their lives for. is the problem
I'm not sure I entirely follow.

Matthew 7:13-14
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

There is one person whose funeral I have attended in which I could say confidently, "if there is a heaven, he is there now". For most of us the outcome is far more murky.

My intention is not to sound jaded or perturbed, it is more an issue of reality, "you know Johnny is looking down at us right now..." No. I don't.

In my experiences in all of my interactions with humanity, I could say that about the vast majority of people. Maybe even about myself which is one reason (among many) I am struggling so much because the bar seems so high. Far too high for us to just assume that everyone who dies is "looking down us".

It gives people comfort to tell themselves what they want to believe.

I know my understanding is the extreme minority, but NOBODY goes to heaven when they die. They are DEAD. Christians will be resurrected at Christ's Return, meet Him in the clouds and stand with Him on the Mount of Olives.

The rest of the dead will not be "awakened" until AFTER the Thousand year reign in Jerusalem.

I'm not sure I entirely follow.
A word salad, or schizophasia, is a "confused or unintelligible mixture of seemingly random words and phrases", most often used to describe a symptom of a neurological or mental disorder. The term schizophasia is used in particular to describe the confused language that may be evident in schizophrenia.

We are not immortal. This life is our opportunity to CHOOSE whether we BECOME immortal or "dust in the wind"

A word salad, or schizophasia, is a "confused or unintelligible mixture of seemingly random words and phrases", most often used to describe a symptom of a neurological or mental disorder. The term schizophasia is used in particular to describe the confused language that may be evident in schizophrenia.
It takes one to know one.

But there will be many on that day that say Lord, Lord, and that they exercised deacons in your name and did many works in your name.
But Jesus is going to say, "I never knew you, you doers of iniquity"

Just because someone claims Christ doesn't mean anything.

It has been said that there will be no sin in Heaven. Since this is true....ALL sin and sinful desires must be stripped out of us before we enter....how much of you is left after this? For some, not so much....for others.... a completely intact personality.

Who you gonna be?

Forum List

Back