Zone1 Man is without excuse... so why are "men" making excuses for evil? (Congress...)

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
You can go to Romans Chapter 1 and or 2

where itsays that man can look around and see God's majesty (my words) in what He has created (nature)

and concludes that therefore,

"man is without excuse" (the excuse to reject God and His Christ [who is God])

As for mentioning Congress:

I've noticed how a lot of fake Republicans (RINOs) and probably even a few real ones make EXCUSES

for the hideous policies, straight from Hell, of the dimrats. Congress normally has an approval rating below 20%. One year it was 12%

which is probably the same %age of people working for the govt.. ?

so again, why all the excuses?

There is no excuse for egregious evil (policies...)

+

where itsays that man can look around and see God's majesty (my words) in what He has created (nature)

I've noticed how a lot of fake Republicans (RINOs) and probably even a few real ones make EXCUSES

for the hideous policies, straight from Hell, of the dimrats. Congress normally has an approval rating below 20%. One year it was 12%

+

You're pretty vague.

for the hideous policies, straight from Hell, of the dimrats.
Congress normally has an approval rating below 20%. One year it was 12%

+
There you go, thank you for the addition.

can you separate them? Do you believe in separation of church and state/religion and politics?
Thomas Jefferson never wanted separation of church andstate to mean that the church could never interfere with or be involved w/ govt. That would be absolutely ridiculous and counter to everything the new nation stood for. He wanted the state to have no power over the churches (within reason. If a "church" condoned murder... as many do today by condoning abortion...)

Also, the church having no power over the state.
that is not what Jefferson wanted and he was probably the least "religious"of the Founders

The Church has to have power (influence would be a better word) over thestate, the power to say No, this [or that] is not moral, therefore not acceptable and not in the interest of the common good.

We were a Christian nation... once

for the hideous policies, straight from Hell, of the dimrats.
Congress normally has an approval rating below 20%. One year it was 12%

+
Every authority, like it or not, is ordained by God. That includes the egregious evils.

Every authority, like it or not, is ordained by God. That includes the egregious evils.
Godonly allows evil because humans do and He will not interfere (usually) with man's will/freedom, so as to stop evil. If He did that, we would see... wars abruptly ended, even b4 they start... no Roe v Wade decision...

etc

etc

etc

that is not what Jefferson wanted and he was probably the least "religious"of the Founders

The Church has to have power (influence would be a better word) over thestate, the power to say No, this [or that] is not moral, therefore not acceptable and not in the interest of the common good.

In England...where they came from as you know, the Catholic church wielded a lot of power over their government.
THAT is not what they wanted in their new government. Hence, their intent with separation of Church and State.

In England...where they came from as you know, the Catholic church wielded a lot of power over their government.
THAT is not what they wanted in their new government. Hence, their intent with separation of Church and State.
you're kidding, right?

The Catholic Church stopped having any influence on England as soon as the traitor-to-the-true- Faith Henry VIII became protestant. And that was LONG before the USA existed (as we know it).

In fact, England persecuted Catholics, hunted and killed priests after the traitor ditched the Faith.

According to the Founding Fathers?
If you want to go there: No. According to the people who ratified the document. The Framers of the US Constitution, did not include all of what people call the Founders. There is also a founding generation. The document had no power. It was put out for an 'Up or Down' vote. The document gained power through ratification. Those who ratified the document are the ones you should appeal to.

Meister said: Is this thread about religion, or politics? :dunno:

DR: can you separate them? Do you believe in separation of church and state/religion and politics?

Meister: According to the Founding Fathers?
I asked if you could separate them, and do you believe in the separation of them?

Thomas Jefferson never wanted separation of church and state to mean that the church could never interfere with or be involved w/ govt. That would be absolutely ridiculous and counter to everything the new nation stood for. He wanted the state to have no power over the churches (within reason. If a "church" condoned murder... as many do today by condoning abortion...)
What Thomas Jefferson may have wanted is beside the point. He was not King.

The Church has to have power (influence would be a better word) over the state, the power to say No, this [or that] is not moral, therefore not acceptable and not in the interest of the common good.

The USA was never a christian nation. The Church has never and never will have power OVER the state. That would make the state a Theocracy.

What Jefferson WANTED is irrelevant. He was not King. He was not in charge of what went out to the people for an Up or Down vote. A committee had that power, and the document had no power until the people ratified it.

nope

opinion is not fact

and that is indeed a religious opinion

and you imagine you seek or defend Liberty? :rofl:

and people wonder why I come to usmb -- for amusement

Forum List

Back