"Everyone" thinks rich people are better than poor... WAY

well, it is an interesting parable, Luke 16:19

the rich man refuses to share what he has w/ the poor man

the poor man (a beggar) dies and goes to "the bosom of Abraham" which I guess is another term for Heaven, or at least it's not referring to Hell

the rich man also dies and goes to Hell

Did the poor man go to Heaven JUST because he was poor? That is not likely, but as a poor person who had NOTHING but God... maybe he was in a better position to actually SEE God.. and realize.. well, he likely realized many things... Here is one thing I have imagined him seeing in his situation... where the rich man refused to give him even crumbs from his table..

The poor man saw how abysmally and utterly UNFAIR life is! How could he not see that? But he apparently concluded that it was unfair because of PEOPLE, not because of God..

And we all see this .. one way or another. I mean, we look @ the 3rd world countries and wonder why all those children starve .. just because they were not born in the US or some other first world country..

If you'd talk like a real person your own thoughts it would go a long way towards making it so your understood

I love God as much as anyone but just spitting out bible verses and middling around what you're trying to say makes it hard to understand what in the hell you're talking about or what the point is.

I mean you'll type 800 words and pretty much all it ends up saying is "people no like poor but people like rich people".

You're awful at conveying your thoughts. Your sentence structure sucks. The punctuation is awful. And who in the hell types out 500 words but throws an @ in there instead of spelling the word, it takes two keys to make an @ sign so why not type the two letters in the word at?

Rich folks are better off than poor people for sure but only a fool would believe that the opinions of rich folks (except in narrow expertise issues) are more important than anyone else. The Founding Fathers listed the duties of the federal government in two sentences, "to provide for the common defense" and "to promote the general welfare". Notice that the FF didn't list the federal government's duty to "provide for the general welfare". People drag themselves across the desert to get to the "Land of the free" and some become useful citizens, meanwhile some Americans choose to be slaves to drugs and alcohol. Freedom is a bitch.

I doubt being rich or poor matters, it is how you treat others that matters.
I've seen homeless people treat others w/ respect, only to get treated like dirt in return. Society in general treats them terribly, assumes they are all on drugs, crazy and/or violent, which is one thing I absolutely DESPISE about Fox News.

They seem to see no good whatsoever in ANY homeless person.

All they ever show is zombies on drugs in tent cities in D states. What about the ones who don't use drugs, are law-abiding and not "mental" yet cannot afford the ridiculous rents one finds in the cities?

They couldn't care less about those people...

I believe there's some truth to that.
Wealthy people dont want to do something that would jeopardize the cushy life they lead.
If all the wealthy in the US got together and pooled their money, they could build low income housing that would put a roof over poor people's heads. No one is asking them to take them into their own homes... no one should do that with a stranger.. although the NY mayor (I believe it was him) suggested that vis a vis the ILLEGALS, of all people! sheez...

but as you say, a lot of rich people do not want to interrupt their lives.

Is it any wonder Jesus says Few make it to Heaven? (Mt 7, Lk 13 and etc)

No one is willing to DO what he says.. which is best said in Mt 25:31-46

Amen.

I wouldn't touch Gates, but I have shaken hands that shook his.

It grosses me out.

LOL

he needs our prayers... The thought of THAT kind of grosses me out... (praying about someone means thinking about them..!) but God wants eveyrone in Heaven, so we have to do what HE wants, not what we want...

so hard... :(

LOL

Rich folks are better off than poor people for sure but only a fool would believe that the opinions of rich folks (except in narrow expertise issues) are more important than anyone else. The Founding Fathers listed the duties of the federal government in two sentences, "to provide for the common defense" and "to promote the general welfare". Notice that the FF didn't list the federal government's duty to "provide for the general welfare". People drag themselves across the desert to get to the "Land of the free" and some become useful citizens, meanwhile some Americans choose to be slaves to drugs and alcohol. Freedom is a bitch.

well, America needs to disabuse itself of the notion that ALL or most of the homeless are on drugs! Let's get THAT done asap...

I really, truly believe that people TELL themselves this as an excuse to get out of caring for others (Will this work when we meet the Great Judge?).

No one expects someone who has a family and is already living paycheck to paycheck to support a homeless person. But good grief, everyone can do something... if only just stop believing all the damn lies about this group...

I’ve never believed that, nor have the vast majority of people I’ve known

If all the wealthy in the US got together and pooled their money, they could build low income housing that would put a roof over poor people's heads. No one is asking them to take them into their own homes... no one should do that with a stranger.. although the NY mayor (I believe it was him) suggested that vis a vis the ILLEGALS, of all people! sheez...

but as you say, a lot of rich people do not want to interrupt their lives.

Is it any wonder Jesus says Few make it to Heaven? (Mt 7, Lk 13 and etc)

No one is willing to DO what he says.. which is best said in Mt 25:31-46

I'll just stick with what I said because thats the reason I wouldnt do anything to jeopardize what I have.
The homeless and ghetto dwellers dont have anything to lose.

OMG OMG!

I, Grammar expert, made a typo in #28

Can you find it?

:)

You are a grammar expert yourself if you find it :)

I've seen homeless people treat others w/ respect, only to get treated like dirt in return. Society in general treats them terribly, assumes they are all on drugs, crazy and/or violent, which is one thing I absolutely DESPISE about Fox News.

They seem to see no good whatsoever in ANY homeless person.

All they ever show is zombies on drugs in tent cities in D states. What about the ones who don't use drugs, are law-abiding and not "mental" yet cannot afford the ridiculous rents one finds in the cities?

They couldn't care less about those people...
I'm sure they care but those people don't fit their narrative.

I'm sure they care but those people don't fit their narrative.
sure they do. They are Americans. They live in America. Remember I mentioned how Fox is always Rah rah rah... Yah, America! and all that. OK, great. We all love what America used to be/should be...

but we have to face what America IS... today

That is newsworthy. I realize there's an election coming up and we have to learn about the different people running for pres. But again... this elephant in the room of how some American lives are totally IGNORED.

That is not good. And those people are certainly not free to ignore their problems, are they?

I think it would be "good politics" for the R-leaning major cable news folks to focus on everyday Americans and that includes those who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own... couldn't afford to keep paying ridiculous rent... etc.

But NOOOOOOOOOOO

They are seen as scum if they don't immediately get on their feet...

I'm sure Jesus is quite impressed with all this

sure they do. They are Americans. They live in America. Remember I mentioned how Fox is always Rah rah rah... Yah, America! and all that. OK, great. We all love what America used to be/should be...

but we have to face what America IS... today

That is newsworthy. I realize there's an election coming up and we have to learn about the different people running for pres. But again... this elephant in the room of how some American lives are totally IGNORED.

That is not good. And those people are certainly not free to ignore their problems, are they?

I think it would be "good politics" for the R-leaning major cable news folks to focus on everyday Americans and that includes those who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own... couldn't afford to keep paying ridiculous rent... etc.

But NOOOOOOOOOOO

They are seen as scum if they don't immediately get on their feet...

I'm sure Jesus is quite impressed with all this
Is Fox at fault or do Americans not want to hear anything that puts America in a bad light? If a homeless person is on drugs it is their fault but if they are just normal Americans it reflects poorly on our country. Not popular with viewers so they tune out. Not unlike how Fox reacted to the whole voter fraud issue, they wanted to keep their ratings no matter what.

Is Fox at fault or do Americans not want to hear anything that puts America in a bad light? If a homeless person is on drugs it is their fault but if they are just normal Americans it reflects poorly on our country. Not popular with viewers so they tune out. Not unlike how Fox reacted to the whole voter fraud issue, they wanted to keep their ratings no matter what.

WTF.. :cuckoo:

yeh, I see your point and it makes sense

of course I always knew one of the main reasons Americans ignore or try to ignore the destitute is exactly what you say here... "it reflects poorly on our country."

But ignoring problems doesn't exactly make them go away. Ignore a homeless person today, you'll be faced w/ another tomorrow... Keep ignoring and turning away and pretty soon you've lost your soul.

And again, I'm not saying everyone should ... say, adopt a homeless person, let that person live in his or her home! That is insane. You don't let a stranger live w/ you. But there are a number of things people can do. I cannot myself do much but I try to always give them some healthy food and a few dollars It doesn't help them long-term but it shows that people care.

Forum List

Back