Everyone is dancing around the truth in the Sandra Bland arrest. What happened is obvious.

Cop says get out of the car, you get out of the car. If the cop says stand on one leg and bark like a dog, you stand on one leg and bark like a dog.

If you take issue with it, remember it's being recorded, and sue them after the fact.

If the cop says stand on one leg and bark like a dog, you stand on one leg and bark like a dog.

Not gonna happen. If you want a police state, that's what you do. I don't want a police state.

So to you living in a free country means you can be a dick to a cop on the street and disobey him when he tells you to put out your cigarette and get out of a car?

And you're the guy who justifies shooting people through walls and murdering children at Ruby Ridge and Waco. What a contradictory set of standards you have

Land of the free...they love the authoritarianism. 'Thank you, Sir, may I have another...'

Papiere bitte.

Last edited:
You watch that video and you think the ... cop ... had the "bullying behavior?" You're not just biased, you're an idiot
So why is he on administrative leave? He was too professional?

Why was his behaviour criticised by his supervisors?

Last edited:
They should close down this jail already, because there are probably hundreds more that have been killed in this jail, and it has all been kept quiet. Let's arrest every policeman who works in this jail and promptly charge them with murder.

What rule says one cannot smoke in one's own vehicle?

When a cop wants you out of the car he doesn't need a lighted cigarette flicked into his face.

indeed

cig smoke masks the odor of alcohol/weed

that is why the cop asks to put out the smoke

if the driver is unwilling

they are asked to exit the vehicle

for further observations

You watch that video and you think the ... cop ... had the "bullying behavior?" You're not just biased, you're an idiot
So why is he on administrative leave? He was too professional?

Why was his behaviour criticised by his supervisors?

That isn't the point I made. I don't know what protocol was. Following your tangent, I thought he should have left her in the car and called for backup to arrest her.

However, the point I made was regarding who had the "bullying behavior." Did you watch the video? The woman was being a complete bitch

You have an articulate and good looking black woman who probably came from up north some where and you have a very red neck white officer with that hickey kind of country accent. He's probably spent his entire life within 10 miles of where that incident took place. I bet he has a half dozen confederate T shirts.

For some reason, and you can see it here on the USMB, conservatives and right wingers believe you should just give up every right you have and instantly jump at what a police officer says, no matter the circumstances, or you get what you deserve. Especially if you are black, Hispanic, gay or some other minority. It's an example of the ultimate police state.

So he stops her for not using her turn signal. Of course she should use her turn signal, that's what it's there for. He should have just given her a ticket or a warning. And if it was some other white with that hickey accent, you know he would have only given a verbal warning if he had bothered to stop them.

And I'll tell you something else. I have relatives in the deep south that I spent some vacations and a couple of summers with growing up. I speak perfect "Yawl (or as some USMB members insist, "ya'll"), and I have been stopped because my license is from out of state and I just start talking Yawl and they suddenly talk very nice and have never given me a ticket.

Clearly that officer provoked her and escalated the situation with "put out your cigarette" and "step out of the car" and arresting her. It wasn't that he wanted her respect. He wanted her to cower and shuffle and she wasn't having it. So in his tiny and racist little mind, he was teaching her a lesson and it was within his right to teach her that lesson no matter what the actual law said because of who he was, the uniform he was wearing and who she was. In that part of the country, it's the "natural order" of things.

Retarded post, retarded poster.

However, the point I made was regarding who had the "bullying behavior." Did you watch the video? The woman was being a complete bitch
He started it. She was quite polite.

Why did he lie to his supervisor? Why did he not mention the argument over the cigarette? Trying to hide his bullying behaviour, on which he has been called by his employers and placed on administrative leave.

Brian Encinia

http://heavy.com/news

Trooper Brian Encinia, has been put on administrative leave after a preliminary investigation found he violated the Texas Department of Public Safety’s traffic stop and courtesy procedures during the stop, which was for an improper lane change.

“Regardless of the situation, the DPS state trooper has an obligation to exhibit professionalism and be courteous,” DPS Director Steve McCraw told the Washington Post. “That did not happen in this situation.”

After watching the dashcam video, Texas State Senator Royce West said at a press conference that it’s clear she never should have been arrested.

She answered his inquiry politely and factually. That he got his panties in a wad when she refused to allow him to violate her rights is bullying and unprofessional.

That you ignore his supervisor's assessment of his behaviour and his own attempt to disguise it is what I'd expect.

Last edited:
She answered his inquiry politely and factually. That he got his panties in a wad when she refused to allow him to violate her rights is bullying and unprofessional.

That you ignore his supervisor's assessment of his behaviour and his own attempt to disguise it is what I'd expect.

Strawman. I referred to their interaction, I've specifically said I am not addressing police procedures. I also said I think he should have called for backup to arrest her rather than trying to pull her out of her car.

I'd say nice attempt at diversion, but it actually wasn't a very good one, you're working too hard at it and making up too much shit. That isn't how you accomplish effective diversion

You don't know what 'strawman' means. Next you'll complain about 'ad hominem', the usual tack on this board when bereft of argument.

You imply there was no bullying behaviour and state the woman was being a complete bitch, as though that gives the trooper licence to bully.

There is no diverting from his bullying behaviour while he violates her rights. His supervisor confirms it, the tape shows it.

Strawman. I referred to their interaction, I've specifically said I am not addressing police procedures. I also said I think he should have called for backup to arrest her rather than trying to pull her out of her car.

I'd say nice attempt at diversion, but it actually wasn't a very good one, you're working too hard at it and making up too much shit. That isn't how you accomplish effective diversion

Before arresting her for what? Common sense says you don't arrest someone for traffic violations even if technically that's allowed.

You imply there was no bullying behaviour and state the woman was being a complete bitch.

There is no diverting from his bullying behaviour while he violates her rights. His supervisor confirms it, the tape shows it.

There are two issues:

1) Her verbal behavior
2) Her refusal to put out the cigarette and get out of the car.

You want to go back and forth between them as if your making a statement on one makes a statement on the other. My position has been:

On 1 - The woman was a complete bitch to the cop

On 2 - I found the cop trying to pull her out of the car while being alone to be questionable. However, the woman should have cooperated on the scene and followed up later. Everyone knows cops videotape all this now.

What about that confuses you? Why are you unable to separate those discussions?

Before arresting her for what? Common sense says you don't arrest someone for traffic violations even if technically that's allowed.

Obviously it wasn't the traffic violation that he would arrest her for. I'm not interested in playing cat and mouse verbal games with someone who wants to play dumb. Be serious if you expect a serious response

Forum List

Back