T-Rump imposes Censorship in Iowa!

Derideo_Te

Je Suis Charlie
Mar 2, 2013
Trump campaign bars Iowa paper from Iowa event - CNNPolitics.com

Trump campaign bars Iowa paper from Iowa event after critical editorial

(CNN)The Des Moines Register, Iowa's largest newspaper, reported early Friday evening that it has been barred from attending a Donald Trump campaign event in Iowa after the paper's editorial board called on him to drop out of the race.

A Register article said Friday that the Trump campaign had informed the paper that its reporters were not welcome at The Make America Great Again Rally and Family Picnic on Saturday in Oskaloosa. The campaign denied them press credentials, reporters said.

"We are disappointed that Mr. Trump's campaign has taken the unusual step of excluding Register reporters from covering his campaign event in Iowa on Saturday because he was displeased with our editorial," Register editor Amalie Nash said in a statement to her paper. "We hope Mr. Trump's campaign will revisit its decision instead of making punitive decisions because we wrote something critical of him."

Apparently T-Rump doesn't understand the 1st Amendment and therefore is unqualified to be president.

The 1st Amendment states that the government shall not abridge freedom of speech or freedom of the press.

T-Rump might have the right to exclude the media from his campaign events for the highest office in the land but the message he is sending is that he can't handle legitimate criticism and will abuse the power of his office in the event that we were to be elected as POTUS.

Needless to say his sycophantic supporters will agree with his thin-skinned attitude and defend it but none of them understand anything about the Constitution outside of the 2nd Amendment anyway.

For those with a better grasp of the problem here please feel free to provide your own input regarding T-Rump's actions.

Yeah, I'm no Trump fan but maybe you shouldn't be so quick to toss stones? The First applies to everyone

Solyndra sensitivity? “The most open Administration in history” barring reporters from Obama’s tech fundraisers

In a week in which Silicon Valley is the focus of intense news coverage, the White House that promised the “most open administration in history” has made an unusual move — barring local reporters from covering a pair of high priced presidential fundraisers in the tech region Sunday.
The President will star at two big Silicon Valley fundraisers Sunday, attending a $38,500 per person dinner at the Atherton home of COO Sheryl Sandberg, and starring at $2,500 and up fundraiser starring Bruce Hornsby at the Woodside home of Sandi and John Thompson.

But in a rare move — and a departure from the President’s previous trips to California — local media have been informed that the White House will not allow any of their representatives to act as a “pool” reporter and file reports from those events.
Peter Scheer, who heads the First Amendment Coalition, said that “it’s their party and they can design that party list the way they want — but it shows, in my judgement, poor judgement for them to exclude the press. What goes on in a meeting where people pay this much to see the president is not trivial.” And by barring local reporters specifically, he adds, that means the journalists most likely to know personalities — and donors — present will be outside the doors.

Solyndra sensitivity The most open Administration in history barring reporters from Obama s tech fundraisers - Politics Blog

(CNN)The Des Moines Register, Iowa's largest newspaper, reported early Friday evening that it has been barred from attending a Donald Trump campaign event in Iowa after the paper's editorial board called on him to drop out of the race.

A Register article said Friday that the Trump campaign had informed the paper that its reporters were not welcome at The Make America Great Again Rally and Family Picnic on Saturday in Oskaloosa. The campaign denied them press credentials, reporters said.

"We are disappointed that Mr. Trump's campaign has taken the unusual step of excluding Register reporters from covering his campaign event in Iowa on Saturday because he was displeased with our editorial," Register editor Amalie Nash said in a statement to her paper. "We hope Mr. Trump's campaign will revisit its decision instead of making punitive decisions because we wrote something critical of him."

Apparently T-Rump doesn't understand the 1st Amendment and therefore is unqualified to be president.

The 1st Amendment states that the government shall not abridge freedom of speech or freedom of the press.

T-Rump might have the right to exclude the media from his campaign events for the highest office in the land but the message he is sending is that he can't handle legitimate criticism and will abuse the power of his office in the event that we were to be elected as POTUS.

Needless to say his sycophantic supporters will agree with his thin-skinned attitude and defend it but none of them understand anything about the Constitution outside of the 2nd Amendment anyway.

For those with a better grasp of the problem here please feel free to provide your own input regarding T-Rump's actions.
Good for him. Great move on his part. The damn news media is nothing more than a pathetic clown act anyway.

"Apparently T-Rump doesn't understand the 1st Amendment and therefore is unqualified to be president."

Trump isn't qualified to be president because he's not a serious candidate - he and his supporters might believe he is, but in fact he is not.

Hi, n00b, and welcome to USMB. Roping the press off is one thing. Completely banning one specific outlet is another...
They both seem like examples of restricting the press to me.

Indeed, I will not argue that point. Only, the press that was cordoned off at the one Hillary event, partly because the way was so narrow, still had the ability to film, to audio and later, to ask questions. In this case, the Des Moines Register is not allowed to be there at all. I think that makes for a huge difference, nööö?

Hi, n00b, and welcome to USMB. Roping the press off is one thing. Completely banning one specific outlet is another...

Indeed, I will not argue that point. Only, the press that was cordoned off at the one Hillary event, partly because the way was so narrow, still had the ability to film, to audio and later, to ask questions. In this case, the Des Moines Register is not allowed to be there at all. I think that makes for a huge difference, nööö?
It seems to me the press had the ability to film, audio and ask questions but only from their restricted vantage point. Not a huge difference to me.

Perhaps the Register might want to rethink an editorial policy of insults and smears.

This has nothing to do with the First Amendment. No one is prohibiting the Register from saying what it wants. They are just prohibited from attending the campaign event of someone they don't like.

It seems to me the press had the ability to film, audio and ask questions but only from their restricted vantage point. Not a huge difference to me.

Well, if being there and NOT being there mean the same thing to you, well, ok....

:D

Perhaps the Register might want to rethink an editorial policy of insults and smears.

This has nothing to do with the First Amendment. No one is prohibiting the Register from saying what it wants. They are just prohibited from attending the campaign event of someone they don't like.

Exactly! Restricting access is not censorship.

Did you say that about Clinton earlier in the month? I doubt it.

They can still watch the event on YouTube live or minutes later and comment.
True. I think Obama should do that with FOX NEWS in the WH briefings. Good idea!!! Toda Rabah!
Many people (Left and Right) think the White House Press room has outlived it's usefulness due to the rise of Digital Media and the Internet.

And again, you also make a good, cogent point that I find has some arms and legs to it.

On the other hand, if we only do this per digital media, do we lose some of our humanity??

Did you say that about Clinton earlier in the month? I doubt it.

Since you don't know what censorship is, let me give you a real world example. Congress is expected to vote on an Iran treaty while not being allowed to see two secretive side deals.
THIS IS CENSORSHIP!

On your retarded premise, hillary is disqualified then also.

Forum List

Back