Everyone is beating up Maui officials because the sirens didn't go off. Why?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Aren't the sirens primarily for hurricane/tsunami warning? I get amber alerts and storm warnings on my cell phone, wouldn't that work better than hurricane sirens? That could have been confusing and made people move away from the water.

Aren't the sirens primarily for hurricane/tsunami warning? I get amber alerts and storm warnings on my cell phone, wouldn't that work better than hurricane sirens? That could have been confusing and made people move away from the water.

i blame total libturdism on this....all their fault....from the water to the sirens

Nobody needs sirens anymore

They can send an alert to everyone with evacuation instructions

Nobody needs sirens anymore

They can send an alert to everyone with evacuation instructions
what instructions do you give with 80 fucking mile an hour winds, and most of it was the first hour??....confess your sins before you get a thousand degree makeover

Because....the sirens didn't sound. They are supposed to in an emergency situation..no matter what that situation is. Add to that it looks like local officials and the power company ignored a build up of grass that eventually overran the island and made the fires that much worse. The power company is being sued for a shit ton of cash because of negligence. Begin the blame game.

A good point was made that the tsunami warning would have had people rushing inland.

A good point was made that the tsunami warning would have had people rushing inland.
I doubt it, once you see flames and smoke you can probably figure out why the sirens are blaring. There is video of utility trucks blocking the escape routes where they were working on downed power lines. That definitely cost some people their lives.

I doubt it, once you see flames and smoke you can probably figure out why the sirens are blaring. There is video of utility trucks blocking the escape routes where they were working on downed power lines. That definitely cost some people their lives.
The winds pushed the fire faster than a person can run.

they would have figured that out real soon..............funny, a tsunami might have saved lives when this was happening

bottom line....it is all libturd policies over there...you own it

Because....the sirens didn't sound. They are supposed to in an emergency situation..no matter what that situation is. Add to that it looks like local officials and the power company ignored a build up of grass that eventually overran the island and made the fires that much worse. The power company is being sued for a shit ton of cash because of negligence. Begin the blame game.

You are propagating the blame game. I'm just asking why would you sound sirens primarily used for tsunamis for a wild fire that could have caused a rush of people AWAY from the water and TOWARD the fire? What's wrong with a simple loud clear warning on your cell phone like an Amber Alert?

There were also reports that cell towers and other communication was disrupted from the winds and the fire was moving so fast, most people didn't even realize the extent of the dangers until the last minute

Forum List

Back