Every death in Afghanistan from this point forward is on Obamas hands

Of course Afghanistan was the right war, and it was won in 2002. Leaving it on the back burner for a wild goose chase in Iraq was idiocy...

Reagan and W abandoned Afghanistan TWICE. We owe the poor bastards and of course the whole idea is to deny AlQaeda AND the Taliban a base to attack the West.......

We're doing terrible because you can't win any war when the PC police are running it. Instead of listening to the military leaders, who know what the hell they are doing, this administration has been playing political games. This has been Obama's for several years now.

I believe we have accomplished all we can over there. In fact now it appears that previous gains are being lost. At this point i believe we are damaging our international cred.

Regardles of when we leave the country will probably spiral into civil war. At that point we simply need to keep our planes on alert to take out any terrorist threats.

We prosecuted this war wrong from day one and its time to cut our losses and save our men and women. On the current timetable we will leave in 2014. Most likely nothing will be any different then than it is now. Thus the deaths will be pointless and on Obamas hands.

BRING EM HOME

I think we should bring them home, responsibly.

But trying to pin a Romney 2012 button on every body bag is kind of irresponsible.

Obama is deferring to the Generals and their expertise. Which is what he should do.

Like he did in Iraq right???

There is no reason to stay. All our troops should go home now.

Cali Girl is absolutely right here. You are trying to use our fallen troops as an attack on Obama as if he was the one who started the entire conflict in the first place and is now 100% responsible for not ending it.

You are using the deaths of our troops as a partisan attack.

And it's disgusting.

Shame on her for suggesting that and fuck you for running with it.

Please don't mistake me for someone who is 'suggesting' it. I'm saying it loud and clear. You are using our war dead for petty partisan bullshit. That ain't a 'suggestion', it's an accusation.

And it sickens me. It sickens me from the left, and it sickens me from the right.

Got a number as to how many of my friends - our Military - you would like to see dead so that you can 'blame Obama'?
Obama is the commander and chief, if granps murked you is upset about us bring in Afganistan, then the best person to blame is Obama.

My thought..... I wish people would not use our war dead for their petty partisan bullshit.

Nothing partisan about it. It is time to leave. If anything that is more a left position than a right one. The only one to blame now is the person in charge.

You'll forgive me if I lean towards trusting our military to decide.... I tend to view those who know more about this shit to make that call. Just don't use our war dead for your petty partisan crap. It's sick.

yeah but Obama went against our military generals in Iraq. The Op is right, no one has any good reason for us stay there.

Thoughts?

Kinda wish i had included a poll to see how much support their is for the war among USMB members

My thoughts? That the o/p is nonsense.
Murked noted "from day one". My question is, can we get all US troops home by even 1/01/13? And the troops of other nations are to do WHAT? How many nations still have troops there? I can find only stats for 2008.

The blood, deaths, missing body parts, destroyed minds, ruined families and missing dads, not to mention the wasted money, is the responsibility of the person who put us there in the first place. If it were not for him NONE of this would be happening. NONE of it.

This bullshit spin is an insult. The horror was just fine before. Sickening.

Only thing is it wasn't just booosh. What about all those Democrats who voted to go to war too??

My thought..... I wish people would not use our war dead for their petty partisan bullshit.

Nothing partisan about it. It is time to leave. If anything that is more a left position than a right one. The only one to blame now is the person in charge.

Not only that but the casualities along with the cost are really the only factors to consider at this point. The terrorists are gone or dead.

well that of course isn't true, but we should still get out of dodge!

You'll forgive me if I lean towards trusting our military to decide.... I tend to view those who know more about this shit to make that call. Just don't use our war dead for your petty partisan crap. It's sick.

There's one little problem with that: the active military takes its orders from the Civilians in the National Command Authority, and General Officers with years of career invested in kissing the appropriate political asses are not exactly free to advocate any strategy alternative that falls outside the current "politically acceptable" limits-so they don't, not in public, anyway. Now, I never served as a staff officer, so my own ass-kissing skills are deficient, but I do know a little about fighting, since I spent a year in Vietnam dutifully following orders that originated with civilians back in Washington; orders that were, frankly speaking, often quite insane, and defied that common sense so readily available through simple observation in the field. That thought, by the way, is not original, and was shared by most other company-grade officers I knew, and more than a few field-grade officers. I hope it can be understood that I was somewhat less than wildly enthusiastic, and somewhat disillusioned, by the rather dismal results that most often ensued from operating according to said orders.

Conversations with those who have returned from duty in "The Sandbox", especially those now out of uniform and free to speak their minds, have led me to the regrettable conclusion that some things never change, and that once again, "the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful". I do hope you can understand that having once been subjected to the same, I find that state of affairs just the slightest bit unacceptable, no matter which party the current C-inC happens to belong to. If you don't .....frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Shame on her for suggesting that and fuck you for running with it.

Please don't mistake me for someone who is 'suggesting' it. I'm saying it loud and clear. You are using our war dead for petty partisan bullshit. That ain't a 'suggestion', it's an accusation.

And it sickens me. It sickens me from the left, and it sickens me from the right.

Got a number as to how many of my friends - our Military - you would like to see dead so that you can 'blame Obama'?

Please dont mistake me for someone who gives a rats ass about your accusation. Its my fucking opinion and ill pronounce it however i damn well please despite your dellicate feelings.

You're a sick individual. Seriously. Do you look forward to more deaths so you can 'blame' Obama?

So we're clear, I have hammered the left for using our war dead for their petty partisan hackery.... and I will do the same to anyone - left or right. It is disgusting.

There's one little problem with that: the active military takes its orders from the Civilians in the National Command Authority, and General Officers with years of career invested in kissing the appropriate political asses are not exactly free to advocate any strategy alternative that falls outside the current "politically acceptable" limits-so they don't, not in public, anyway. Now, I never served as a staff officer, so my own ass-kissing skills are deficient, but I do know a little about fighting, since I spent a year in Vietnam dutifully following orders that originated with civilians back in Washington; orders that were, frankly speaking, often quite insane, and defied that common sense so readily available through simple observation in the field. That thought, by the way, is not original, and was shared by most other company-grade officers I knew, and more than a few field-grade officers. I hope it can be understood that I was somewhat less than wildly enthusiastic, and somewhat disillusioned, by the rather dismal results that most often ensued from operating according to said orders.

Conversations with those who have returned from duty in "The Sandbox", especially those now out of uniform and free to speak their minds, have led me to the regrettable conclusion that some things never change, and that once again, "the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful". I do hope you can understand that having once been subjected to the same, I find that state of affairs just the slightest bit unacceptable, no matter which party the current C-inC happens to belong to. If you don't .....frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

I don't disagree. What I take issue with is those hysterical fools who think it's ok to use our war dead for their petty partisan whining. That is my opinion... and, frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn whether you agree with it or not.

Although it is kind of sad that you resort to quoting lines from Gone With The Wind to make a point.

The blood, deaths, missing body parts, destroyed minds, ruined families and missing dads, not to mention the wasted money, is the responsibility of the person who put us there in the first place. If it were not for him NONE of this would be happening. NONE of it.

This bullshit spin is an insult. The horror was just fine before. Sickening.

Only thing is it wasn't just booosh. What about all those Democrats who voted to go to war too??

Anyone who voted for it was wrong. But Bush was the Commander in Chief. He pushed like hell for it. He's responsible. The buck stops in one place.

Forum List

Back