Every death in Afghanistan from this point forward is on Obamas hands

The blood, deaths, missing body parts, destroyed minds, ruined families and missing dads, not to mention the wasted money, is the responsibility of the person who put us there in the first place. If it were not for him NONE of this would be happening. NONE of it.

This bullshit spin is an insult. The horror was just fine before. Sickening.

Only thing is it wasn't just booosh. What about all those Democrats who voted to go to war too??

Anyone who voted for it was wrong. But Bush was the Commander in Chief. He pushed like hell for it. He's responsible. The buck stops in one place.

Well I agree that he, him being the president should be most responsible, but he's not the only one. Just saying.

Once Obama came into office that war is his responsibility more than anyone's.

Only thing is it wasn't just booosh. What about all those Democrats who voted to go to war too??

Anyone who voted for it was wrong. But Bush was the Commander in Chief. He pushed like hell for it. He's responsible. The buck stops in one place.

Well I agree that he, him being the president should be most responsible, but he's not the only one. Just saying.

Once Obama came into office that war is his responsibility more than anyone's.

Yes, I'd like to argue with that, but I can't. My one caveat is that Obama may be in a position in which a quick pullout would cause more damage than a slower pullout. I don't know the details of that mess, so I can't say. I just know who put us there, and in Iraq.

The failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will always be on the incompetent President Bush and his VP. They only went in to fill their own pockets and they should be in prison.

I believe we have accomplished all we can over there. In fact now it appears that previous gains are being lost. At this point i believe we are damaging our international cred.

Regardles of when we leave the country will probably spiral into civil war. At that point we simply need to keep our planes on alert to take out any terrorist threats.

We prosecuted this war wrong from day one and its time to cut our losses and save our men and women. On the current timetable we will leave in 2014. Most likely nothing will be any different then than it is now. Thus the deaths will be pointless and on Obamas hands.

BRING EM HOME

Your post is correct. It would have been just as correct the day after OBL assumed room temperature.

Please don't mistake me for someone who is 'suggesting' it. I'm saying it loud and clear. You are using our war dead for petty partisan bullshit. That ain't a 'suggestion', it's an accusation.

And it sickens me. It sickens me from the left, and it sickens me from the right.

Got a number as to how many of my friends - our Military - you would like to see dead so that you can 'blame Obama'?

Please dont mistake me for someone who gives a rats ass about your accusation. Its my fucking opinion and ill pronounce it however i damn well please despite your dellicate feelings.

You're a sick individual. Seriously. Do you look forward to more deaths so you can 'blame' Obama?

So we're clear, I have hammered the left for using our war dead for their petty partisan hackery.... and I will do the same to anyone - left or right. It is disgusting.

I'm a sick individual? Really? Where did you study medicine? Better yet when did you examine me?

You are certainly entitled to you opinions but sorry to inform you that your opinions are not facts. There is NOTHING partisan in my op, NOTHING. Nor are there any attacks of either Bush or Obama. Merely an opinion of the current state of affairs and what should be done as a result with a mention of who will be responsible (in my mind) from here on.

Even after Obama was sworn in I considered this Bushes war for some time. No longer.

For you to try to make this about you and your feelings of me is far more telling in my opinion. I think I have made a completely rational assessment of what I perceive the situation to be. You on the other had have made wild assumptions from atop your pedastal of my motivation.

I believe we have accomplished all we can over there. In fact now it appears that previous gains are being lost. At this point i believe we are damaging our international cred.

Regardles of when we leave the country will probably spiral into civil war. At that point we simply need to keep our planes on alert to take out any terrorist threats.

We prosecuted this war wrong from day one and its time to cut our losses and save our men and women. On the current timetable we will leave in 2014. Most likely nothing will be any different then than it is now. Thus the deaths will be pointless and on Obamas hands.

BRING EM HOME

Couldn't agree more.

Leave that pile of rocks to whoever wants it and bring our troops home.

Accidently burning Korans gets you shot in the head by a supposed allie.

We have one of ours allegedly murdering civilians.

The elected Prez, our supposed allie, is a thief and worse and about as dishonest as the day is long.

The Afghans want us gone. Time to leave. Hope they enjoy the Taliban once again when we depart.

Can't accomplish much more in that country and we still have the ability to use air power if we need to.

Enough is enough. Bring our troops home.

Same partisan BS, just different players now with O in office. Blood is part of war. The troops are doing their jobs as best they can. Using them as tools in some partisan game is distasteful. It was distasteful then and it is now.

JMHO.

I think some of you are so used to partisanship that you look for it where none exists.
Well, I doubt this is the first time someone has asked you, but why is the blood on Obama's hands?

After UBL's death and multiple polls of the American people with the vast majority wanting out of Afghanistan.

You are right about war being full of death and that is indeed part of it. However knowing when to stop and when your losing lives for little to no gains is a sign of proper planning. Bush tied our military's hands with the win hearts and mind bullshit. Obama was stuck with that up to a certain point. That time has come and gone.

I think some of you are so used to partisanship that you look for it where none exists.
Well, I doubt this is the first time someone has asked you, but why is the blood on Obama's hands?

After UBL's death and multiple polls of the American people with the vast majority wanting out of Afghanistan.

You are right about war being full of death and that is indeed part of it. However knowing when to stop and when your losing lives for little to no gains is a sign of proper planning. Bush tied our military's hands with the win hearts and mind bullshit. Obama was stuck with that up to a certain point. That time has come and gone.
What I think is that Obama is not equipped to make decisions about Afghanistan that will make a difference at this point.

Something to keep in mind is that Congress keeps funding this. If Congress told the president (whomever it may be) that the funding stops in sixty days, you can bet we'd be out in sixty days.

Of course, nobody in charge over in Congress has the balls to do that, so ... :dunno:

obama's intention was to fight to a stalemate and hold that until the enemy gave up. Victory is not in his vocabulary and it might make the taliban unhappy if they knew we intended to win.

It's time to leave.

Victory is not in [President Obama's] vocabulary

Tell that to bin Laden, Gaddafi, al-Awaki, dozens of other Taliban and al-Qeada ...

Or did you mean George Bush?

In case you haven't noticed, President Obama is the only president in a hell of a long time who is actually WINNING.

Hopefully, none of the Clown Car Candidates will get elected. If one is, we will be in several more wars before you can say, Holy Republican Profiteering War Machine. If Obama is re-elected, he will end it.

and if we get into a conflict with Obama as President.....will we see you here saying ...."Holy Democratic Profiteering War Machine?".....

This will forever be GWB’s war, the blood forever on his hands.

By the time the R's get done, they will be blaming President Obama for every single death in Iraq, as well as in Afghanistan.

They're lying about gas prices, they lied every day about bin Laden and Gaddafi and they have no hesitation about lying about everything else he has done or not done.

That's why they're called GObP/Republicans.

if Obama gets re-elected and we are still there 4 years from now.....you better believe that War is now his War....

This will forever be GWB’s war, the blood forever on his hands.

I suppose the thing to do after the attack on 911 that was planned by OBL and supported by the Taliban in Afghanistan would have been to negotiate a truce with them, don't you agree?

Better yet, get a new President who will TRIPLE the number of troops in country since he knew that partisan assholes will blame the former President.

I will bet you blame the deaths of our troops in Vietnam on Nixon instead of JFK.

i put most of the blame for that War on LBJ.....

Something to keep in mind is that Congress keeps funding this. If Congress told the president (whomever it may be) that the funding stops in sixty days, you can bet we'd be out in sixty days.

Of course, nobody in charge over in Congress has the balls to do that, so ... :dunno:

I just don't understand why we are still there. Polls are against it. Many in congress are against it (on both sides). Obama campaigned against it (sort of). Yet here we sit stuck in the mud.......

Wtf

I just don't understand why we are still there. Polls are against it. Many in congress are against it (on both sides). Obama campaigned against it (sort of). Yet here we sit stuck in the mud.......

Wtf
Wars are lost by politicians, not our military.

Forum List

Back