ever wonder why you have to "keep your hand in"

May 21, 2015
with action types of guns that you dont own, are not issued? I mean, unless it's your job to TEACH people how to use those guns, why bother with them at all? I've seen people who say that they had to own SA, DA, all non-auto types of longarms, etc, so that they can "remain skilled' in operating same. But if you don't OWN such guns, why would you CARE about being unskilled/familiar with them? Like 007, you're going to magically HAVE one when you need a gun?

performance wise, you'd be WAY ahead to save your time and money and just be even more highly skilled with the ONE handgun that you ccw and the ONE rifle best capable of doing all the needed chores. (as vs the fantasy bs, like African safaris).

if having your money tied up in 10 different guns is preventing you from having luminous sights and silencer on your fighting rifle, that's stupid. if that same complexity is keeping you from casting handgun bullets and reloading, that's stupid, too. Far better to be HIGHLY skilled with the (very few) gun (s) that you HAVE, and which are the most versatile/capable models. Sure, a 7mm mag is a nice sniper bolt action, but it sucks for shtf, home defense, match shooting, small game. That's the problem with all the specialized guns. They suck when applied to anything but their very narrow specialty application.

A shotgun is fine, until the range exceeds 25 yds, you need to pierce cars, need a silencer, need .22lr capability, need one handed use, need concealment, need a chromed bore and chamber, need to fire more than 8 shots, etc.

if having your money tied up in 10 different guns is preventing you from having luminous sights and silencer on your fighting rifle, that's stupid. if that same complexity is keeping you from casting handgun bullets and reloading, that's stupid, too. Far better to be HIGHLY skilled with the (very few) gun (s) that you HAVE, and which are the most versatile/capable models. Sure, a 7mm mag is a nice sniper bolt action, but it sucks for shtf, home defense, match shooting, small game. That's the problem with all the specialized guns. They suck when applied to anything but their very narrow specialty application.

But what they do they do very well. More guns means less compromise on their performance at a given task.

Having 20 guns didn't tie up my money so much that I couldn't buy nightvision. Now your luminous sights are like a beacon.

Forum List

Back