Ever wonder what Muslims think about the mosque near Ground Zero?

but the warfare in the scripture for christian is spiritual warfare, not carnal

but it sounded like you were saying basically the same thing most of us have been saying about the alleged "christian terrorists"
that they are not CHRISTIANS
We could say the same thing about the Muslims.

No, sadly, the terrorists in Sri Lanka are Buddhists. They are not following the teachings of the Buddha which are non-violent.

It is extremely painful to me.
well, to me, if they are not following the teachings, then they are NOT Buddhists

They are Buddhist nationalists, which is an oxymoron. One monk has called for a holy war against the Tamils and has written songs for soldiers going into battle. One urges them not to return home until their weapons are "smeared with blood," and it also promises that they will attain Nirvana by defending their Buddhist homeland.

This is heresy. It is not the path to enlightenment.

Last edited:
They are not terrorists because they're Buddhist. Buddhism is non-violent. The situation in Sri Lanka is tribal in nature.

Do you not get it? They are Buddhists and terrorists, just like the IRA are Christians and terrorists.

It's not a causal relationship. Buddhism doens't cause terrorism, quite the opposite. The terrorists in Sri Lanka are not terrorists because they are Buddhist.

I would have to talk to them to determine that for myself. I cannot see any reason for Catholics to be terrorists, yet I know that the IRA are terrorists because they are Catholic. That makes it possible that these people are terrorists because they are Buddhist, and not just terrorists who happen to be Buddhists.

Westboro Baptist Church is a hate group. I don't consider them Christian. They don't even bother me. It's the mega churches that scare me. The ones that own TV and radio stations and the Republican party.

Your opinion on them not being Christian is just as misguided as your opinion on the 9/11 terrorists not being Muslim.

Most Christians I know don't want to 'own' the Westboro Baptist Church as Christian. They seek to separate themselves fromt he WBC and consider the WBC extremists.

If you feel differently, that's your perogative. Cozy up to the WBC all you like. And then tell me I criticize ALL Christians for calling the WBC what they are, bigots.

You really are missing the point, aren't you?

I do not get to disown the WBC and claim they are not Christian simply because they are hateful and bigots. There are a lot of Christians who are hateful bigots, and the WBC is just an outgrowth of that problem. They are the extreme element of a problem that exists in my religion, and one that I, and other Christians, need to admit exists in order to deal with it.

By buying into the lie of terrorist apologists that the Muslims who kill innocent people are not Muslims you facilitate the terrorists, and refuse to hold the Muslims who support them accountable for their beliefs and the actions of those who want to kill you for not being a Muslim. The only people who can shut down Mulim extremists are Muslims, and they will only be motivated to do that if they are held accountable, just like you want to hold Christains who do not denounce the WBC accountable.

I think the people who own Cordoba House should just sit on it and do nothing.

Last edited:
r
I think the people who own Cordoba House should just sit on it and do nothing.

Funny thing, they don't own it at all, they only own half of it.

The site for the proposed Cordoba Islamic center is now occupied by two buildings on Park Place in New York: one the now-famous Burlington Coat factory; the other an adjoining property that used to function as a Con Edison substation. The mosque developers are often said to own both buildings. That turns out to be not exactly true.
They do own one building, the Burlington Coat factory, which they bought in 2009 for $4.8 million. But Vincent and Klein report they do not quite own the other, the Con Edison building. That building and the land underneath are owned by the big New York utility. The mosque promoters are renting the vacant building for $33,000 a year. But if they want to tear down and redevelop, they will have to purchase the property outright. Vincent and Klein report that the utility is now assessing the value of the land, but will likely demand a price of between $10 million and $20 million.

Is the 9/11 Mosque a Publicity Stunt? | FrumForum

Forum List

Back