Ever wonder what Muslims think about the mosque near Ground Zero?

Westboro Baptist Church is a hate group. I don't consider them Christian. They don't even bother me. It's the mega churches that scare me. The ones that own TV and radio stations and the Republican party.

Your opinion on them not being Christian is just as misguided as your opinion on the 9/11 terrorists not being Muslim.

It's radical nutcases, not Islam or Catholicism, that are the problem.

That does not change the facts that those nutcases are Catholic, or Muslim, or Hindu, or even Buddhist.

Advent of `Buddhist terrorism' - TamilCanadian

These people are motivated by their religion, even if the sane people of the world, or even of their religion, disagree with what they do in the name of that religion. If religion were not a factor in this it would not have happened.

They are not terrorists because they're Buddhist. Buddhism is non-violent. The situation in Sri Lanka is tribal in nature.

Do you not get it? They are Buddhists and terrorists, just like the IRA are Christians and terrorists.

Did you take your wife with you? Did you try to sing songs about Jesus? Did you challenge them about Mohammad being a prophet?

If you did none of those things you did not test the ability of that mosque to accommodate you, you simply walked in and looked around in the part they allow tourists to see, which is not the part that matters.
but then the eastern orthodox and RCC have areas they wont let anyone in if they arent members of that religion

Which they are openly honest about, whereas the claim was made in this thread that mosques could accommodate Christians as a place of worship. That is an outright lie, and I did not allow it to go unchallenged.
Who claimed that "mosques could accommodate Christians as a place of worship"?

Last edited:
but then the eastern orthodox and RCC have areas they wont let anyone in if they arent members of that religion

Which they are openly honest about, whereas the claim was made in this thread that mosques could accommodate Christians as a place of worship. That is an outright lie, and I did not allow it to go unchallenged.
Who claimed that "mosques could accommodate Christians as a place of worship"?

I did.

That does not change the facts that those nutcases are Catholic, or Muslim, or Hindu, or even Buddhist.

Advent of `Buddhist terrorism' - TamilCanadian

These people are motivated by their religion, even if the sane people of the world, or even of their religion, disagree with what they do in the name of that religion. If religion were not a factor in this it would not have happened.

They are not terrorists because they're Buddhist. Buddhism is non-violent. The situation in Sri Lanka is tribal in nature.

Do you not get it? They are Buddhists and terrorists, just like the IRA are Christians and terrorists.

It's not a causal relationship. Buddhism doens't cause terrorism, quite the opposite. The terrorists in Sri Lanka are not terrorists because they are Buddhist.

Westboro Baptist Church is a hate group. I don't consider them Christian. They don't even bother me. It's the mega churches that scare me. The ones that own TV and radio stations and the Republican party.

Your opinion on them not being Christian is just as misguided as your opinion on the 9/11 terrorists not being Muslim.

Most Christians I know don't want to 'own' the Westboro Baptist Church as Christian. They seek to separate themselves fromt he WBC and consider the WBC extremists.

If you feel differently, that's your perogative. Cozy up to the WBC all you like. And then tell me I criticize ALL Christians for calling the WBC what they are, bigots.

Last edited:
Hostilities were over. Troops came home. The US continued to bomb Iraq for several more years.

Hostilities were over, but we continued to bomb them?

See the problem with your position?

For several years, then we stopped. The war was long over when Bush startted it all over again. Look up the Gulf War. It has a definite ending date.

Last edited:

It's not a causal relationship. Buddhism doens't cause terrorism, quite the opposite. The terrorists in Sri Lanka are not terrorists because they are Buddhist.
um, i think you made an error there
i believe you meant to say the "terrorists in Sri Lanka are not buddhists because they are terrorists"

or did you mean they are not terrorists because of Buddhism
i think either would work

Last edited:

i believe you meant to say the "terrorists in Sri Lanka are not buddhists because they are terrorists"

They are not terrorists because they are Buddhist. There is nothing in Buddhist teachings that promotes violence.

The situation in Sri Lanka is tribal.

They are not terrorists because they are Buddhist. There is nothing in Buddhist teachings that promotes violence.

i understand that
but did you mean they are Buddhist, so there for they can not be terrorists?
you are not clarifying what you said at all

btw, there is nothing in christian teaching that supports terrorism either

i understand that

Though the largest demographic group in Sri Lanka are Buddhist, terrorist training camps are all conducted by the 7.5% of Sri Lanka's population who are Muslim. Lax enforcement of laws there allow them to operate pretty much as they wish.

Sri Lankan newspaper editor described the Tamil Tigers' process of taking young orphans and refugees off to a hidden area in the jungle where they are given special status and primed to become suicide bombers. Is this tactic employed elsewhere? Overall, is the recruitment of suicide bombers becoming more sophisticated? If so, have there been any successful interventions to counter such recruitment?

In Sri Lanka, the rule of law is weak because politicians and officials have been weak. Therefore, the Tamil Tigers have taken the law to their hands. The Norwegian facilitators/mediators, although well intentioned, have no robust enforcement capability, and therefore the Tamil Tigers are taking the maximum advantage -- as terrorists usually do -- of the situation.
FRONTLINE/WORLD . Sri Lanka - Living With Terror . Suicide Terrorism | PBS

Correction on my previous post. I got to thinking about Muslims using a "Tamil Tigers' name so looked further. The 7.5% Muslim population of Sri Lanka are part of the Hamas group which as we all know does support terrorism. However, the Tamil Tigers are a larger group constituting roughly 14-15% of the Sri Lanka population and they apparently are Hindu instead of Muslim. Of course Hindus and Islam have been at odds for a very long time which is emphasized in historical accounts of Ghandi's era.
Re the Tamil Tigers:
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1869501,00.html

Last edited:

i understand that

Actually there are some biblical references that are war like. Buddhist teachinsgs are peaceful.

The problem in Sri Lanka is some individuals are making it seem that the Buddhist religion in endangered in Sri Lanka. There are old tribal conflicts mixed up in this too.

The situation is extremely painful to me.

Last edited:

i understand that

Actually there are some biblical references that are war like. Buddhist teachinsgs are peaceful.

The problem in Sri Lanka is some individuals are making it seem that the Buddhist religion in endangered in Sri Lanka. There are old tribal conflicts mixed up in this too.
but the warfare in the scripture for christian is spiritual warfare, not carnal

but it sounded like you were saying basically the same thing most of us have been saying about the alleged "christian terrorists"
that they are not CHRISTIANS

i understand that

but it sounded like you were saying basically the same thing most of us have been saying about the alleged "christian terrorists"
We could say the same thing about the Muslims.

No, sadly, the terrorists in Sri Lanka are Buddhists. They are not following the teachings of the Buddha which are non-violent.

It is extremely painful to me.

We could say the same thing about the Muslims.

No, sadly, the terrorists in Sri Lanka are Buddhists. They are not following the teachings of the Buddha which are non-violent.

It is extremely painful to me.
well, to me, if they are not following the teachings, then they are NOT Buddhists

Forum List

Back