Ever parented a newborn?

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Ah, the memories.

Of course, they are rather fuzzy from lack of sleep.

sleep2.jpg

Exhausting...worry everyday that something is wrong...bad smells....dinner time is not a good time anymore...is there not a pause button on this thing?
Obviously I would do it all over again - but there are two times raising kids that are the worst of all...when they first come into your home.......and when they leave it.

• Banned
Exhausting...worry everyday that something is wrong...bad smells....dinner time is not a good time anymore...is there not a pause button on this thing?
Obviously I would do it all over again - but there are two times raising kids that are the worst of all...when they first come into your home.......and when they leave it.

:rofl:

I'll have to tell my daughter about the pause button. Her little ray of sunshine is eight months old.

Attachments

• $peyton.jpg
    $peyton.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 57
3 times ,wouldn't want to do its at this stage in life,but when we were young ok.Sure it hard at times,but wouldn't trade it for all the monies on earth.

I'll have to tell my daughter about the pause button. Her little ray of sunshine is eight months old.

Now that is a great picture!
DOn' think them eyes could be any brighter!

• Banned
Five of them.

Three of those newborns are now adults. Newborns are cute and all but I much prefer adult children.

Honest and true: I remember waking up in mid-air on the way to my screaming infant. I woke up as my feet were hitting the ground.

I also remember that at seven months, she decided that 1-3 am was a perfectly fantabulous time to scoot around in her walker, being adorable. That stopped the night I burst into tears and said "I can't do this anymore, I just can't." I repeated the "I just can't" bit many times - I think she got it. That was the last night of the festivities.

I also remember when she was 2, and spike a 104.5° temp. I was fighting to stay calm, but when I put Neosporin on her cheeks, it melted. I thought "Okay, okay; what's the worst thing that can happen?" And my mind answered "Brain damage." Bleep!! Off to the tub of cold water with her.

The fever did break, and the next morning I asked my dad how high it should get before I run screaming downstairs to get him (he's in medicine). He said 105°.

Close call.

• Banned
3 times ,wouldn't want to do its at this stage in life,but when we were young ok.Sure it hard at times,but wouldn't trade it for all the monies on earth.

Nope. Kids are amazement. :)

The pic I posted has two older siblings, going on six and five (one day shy of 13 months apart). Their folks came and picked me up, and I spent Mother's Day with them wanting to sit next to me, hold my hand, hold my arm, and just generally spoil me rotten. Best Mother's Day EVER.

A cutie.

Yes, I have 3 times plus numerous kids I babysat over the years.. I love the newborn stage.. I hate that my kids are getting order. i wish they would stay little longer..

My two are now grown but I remember their childhood from birth to today as the happiest days of my life. I coached their sports teams while on shore duty and between deployments, including two years as my daughter's youth basketball coach. What an experience that was. I was fortunate enough to coach high school baseball for my son's team where he set the single season home run record and made All-Met his senior season. Those who follow high school sports in the Washington, DC area knows that this is a higher honor than All-State. They both excelled in all phases of their school careers and have turned into great young adults contributing to society. I actually woke up at night to insert baby mouth to nipple and stayed awake at times just to watch. I changed about as many poopy diapers as the wife did. This month we have my wife's brother's young kids at our house visiting from Kansas. We are treating them the same as we did our own. Spoiling the crap out of them and showing them many attractions in the DC area.

Last edited:
Five of them.

Three of those newborns are now adults. Newborns are cute and all but I much prefer adult children.

Honest and true: I remember waking up in mid-air on the way to my screaming infant. I woke up as my feet were hitting the ground.

I also remember that at seven months, she decided that 1-3 am was a perfectly fantabulous time to scoot around in her walker, being adorable. That stopped the night I burst into tears and said "I can't do this anymore, I just can't." I repeated the "I just can't" bit many times - I think she got it. That was the last night of the festivities.

I also remember when she was 2, and spike a 104.5° temp. I was fighting to stay calm, but when I put Neosporin on her cheeks, it melted. I thought "Okay, okay; what's the worst thing that can happen?" And my mind answered "Brain damage." Bleep!! Off to the tub of cold water with her.

The fever did break, and the next morning I asked my dad how high it should get before I run screaming downstairs to get him (he's in medicine). He said 105°.

Close call.

Crazy thing about that is 105 can kill an adult but it's really only the warning point for a young child. They're tougher than us sometimes.

Nope. Kids are amazement. :)

The pic I posted has two older siblings, going on six and five (one day shy of 13 months apart). Their folks came and picked me up, and I spent Mother's Day with them wanting to sit next to me, hold my hand, hold my arm, and just generally spoil me rotten. Best Mother's Day EVER.

That must be why you think they should be aborted as quickly as possible, cupcake.

Five of them.

I know what you mean. What is great is when you get to watch them parent a newborn. You get to cuddle them, coo at them and then... snif, snif. "Better take her back. She needs changing." Good times. :eusa_angel:

Got through it four times...loved it at the time and get sentimental about it now but finally I am looking forward to my twilight years sans (my own) babies.

I think I'm really going to enjoy my youngest kids' college years.

After that, I'll be ready for more grandbabies.

Forum List

Back