Even the most ardent supporter of President Obama has to admit...

That's sort of incorrect. I would ask what "Conservatives" have accomplished for the USA. Some Republicans, like Lincoln and Eisenhower, have done a great deal.

Conservatism is a selfish, self serving, reactionary, regressive and short sighted philosophy.

But some of the chicks are hot. :eusa_angel:

That you consider Lincoln to have been conservative tells me you don't know what conservatism is.

Sallow didn't even come close to suggesting that Lincoln was conservative. His post sailed right over your head.

The question is whether or not Mr. Obama has enough A's to receive a passing GPA.

Those who say no have not read his accomplishments. If you don't like the site in my sig, here's another.

What the fuck has Obama done so far?

Both sites have references to the sources of their statements.

Fact is, this president has accomplished more FOR our country than almost any other in our past. If you don't know that, you haven't been paying attention and I'm sick of anti-American crap that is spouted on this forum by people who clearly have no clue what they're screeching about.

And, as always, I am open to reading a list of what Republicans have accomplished FOR the US. That is, IF you can find one. I've searched several times and find nothing.

To discuss President Obama and 'accomplishments' is akin to the old saw about what a great painter Hitler was: two coats in an afternoon.

That this President hasn't delivered on everything he promised during the 2008 election.

The Living Room Candidate - Commercials - 2008 - Defining Moment

He has delivered some things but the report card is not straight A's. Far from it. The "mindless partisanship" is still here on both sides. Special interests are as present as ever. The "middle class rescue" mentioned in the commercial's first 10 seconds has been, in fact, non existent.

The question is whether or not Mr. Obama has enough A's to receive a passing GPA. I think yes for the most part.

No president every delivers everything they promise. I heard Romney in a speech a few days ago promising to wipe out the deficit. In the same speech he promised to strengthen the military, increase boarder security, protect social security, and medicare and cut taxes. He's promised to repeal Obamacare then he promised to change it.

Candidates can never deliver all they promise because their promises are contradictory. In other words, they lie.

That this President hasn't delivered on everything he promised during the 2008 election.

He has delivered some things but the report card is not straight A's. Far from it. The "mindless partisanship" is still here on both sides. Special interests are as present as ever. The "middle class rescue" mentioned in the commercial's first 10 seconds has been, in fact, non existent.

The question is whether or not Mr. Obama has enough A's to receive a passing GPA. I think yes for the most part.

I agree...he has not delivered on everything he promised...and that makes him unique since every other president HAS delivered on everything they promised during their campaigns. All of them.

No president every delivers everything they promise. I heard Romney in a speech a few days ago promising to wipe out the deficit. In the same speech he promised to strengthen the military, increase boarder security, protect social security, and medicare and cut taxes. He's promised to repeal Obamacare then he promised to change it.

Candidates can never deliver all they promise because their promises are contradictory. In other words, they lie.

Oh, I totally agree.

The reason I made the original post was to point out to some here that he hasn't delivered on every thing he promised; some were his fault and some were not.

However, I think he did prioritize what he wanted to accomplish and accomplished that. I also think that he underestimated the effect of the stimulus.

Not only is the Mindless Partisanship still here. It's worse, and Obama has Helped make it worse. He is perhaps the most Political, Partisan President we have ever had.

It had a good laugh this week when he sent his People out to claim he was not campaigning more than 5% of the time. The man is always campaigning, Everything he does is calculated. Just like his little "reducing the size of Government" Dog and pony show today. He doesn't mean it, He wont do it, he just wants people to think he cares about smaller government, because he knows that is a very popular idea right now.
He hasn't stopped campaigning...period.

Which is SO INCREDIBLY DIFFERENT than any other President during their first term. :eusa_whistle:

Dubious is it that the initiative came out in an election year. I'll grant you that. However since you brought up the politics of it, isn't it Mitch McConnell that said the goal was to make him a 1 term President. Here is the quote:

If that is whom you are working with....you can't blame the partisanship on Mr. Obama solely. If you try to make such an argument....well, you're full of it.

*Obama* will make this about himself...and Class warfare. he's already been on this road since he was immacculated.

HE doesn't care a wit of this Republic...only destroying it.

Did you mean to say, "emasculated"?

Wow.

It's hard for Tommy to type when he's wasted.

Given the scope of the disaster left by a conservative president...I'd give him an "A".

The damage done by Bush II was far and away some of the worst cards that could have been dealt to an incoming President. But unlike a poker player, Obama knew what cards were being dealt.

You won't get any conservative to admit fault.

They will:
A. Minimalize it (SEE Romney)
B. Jettison Bush.
C. Double down on it.

Let's not forget how upset they've been that OBL was taken out during this Administration.

Of course he has not delivered on all of his campaign promises. They are just campaign promises. That means they are statements regarding what he would like to see done.

Fuck......Romney just promised to balance the federal budget and repeal Obamacare. No chance in hell of either. He might want to do that, which is the litmus test for campaign promises. Get it?

Well i've been voting for over 35 years...when a candidate is campaigning, his statements were always meant to be what they definately had planned! You know, when they PROMISE to do something, or when they say "I WILL" do something. I take what they say as this is what they will do. Whether i believe them or not doesn't matter....

So all of you left dolts DID vote for someone that had no real plans to fix American...and you'll most likely do it again. :cuckoo:

Unlike the right wing dolts that elected Bush twice?

Of course he has not delivered on all of his campaign promises. They are just campaign promises. That means they are statements regarding what he would like to see done.

Fuck......Romney just promised to balance the federal budget and repeal Obamacare. No chance in hell of either. He might want to do that, which is the litmus test for campaign promises. Get it?

Well i've been voting for over 35 years...when a candidate is campaigning, his statements were always meant to be what they definately had planned! You know, when they PROMISE to do something, or when they say "I WILL" do something. I take what they say as this is what they will do. Whether i believe them or not doesn't matter....

So all of you left dolts DID vote for someone that had no real plans to fix American...and you'll most likely do it again. :cuckoo:

It was either him or the traitor Kerry....so it wasn't a very hard choice!

It was either him or the traitor Kerry....so it wasn't a very hard choice!

Isn't it odd that Nixon did not prosecute Kerry for treason? Maybe you should file charges yourself.

I think he's done a mediocre job, but the GOP hasn't offered an alternative and just shows how out of touch it is.

The Party of Greed vs. the Party of Sloth.

When do we get a party of Lust. I could go in for a party of Wrath. The other deadly sins are under represented, really.

I think he's done a mediocre job, but the GOP hasn't offered an alternative and just shows how out of touch it is.

When do we get a party of Lust. I could go in for a party of Wrath. The other deadly sins are under represented, really.
I think history will rate Obama higher than Bush and probably higher than Clinton but much depends on a 2nd term.

If you want a list of "accomplishments", I can give you the list of Republican accomplishments for the last 15 years.

Here it is:

Now if you want a list of their disasters, we could start with Iraq and go right on down the line to the economy to what they did after Katrina to the deficit, the Justice Department, the list is endless.

I think history will rate Obama higher than Bush and probably higher than Clinton but much depends on a 2nd term.

Actually, in any two term presidency, all the important stuff happens in the first term. So Obama is already a mediocre president. In a second term, he's going to have a Republican Senate and House, and he isn't going to do all that much. That's why I can vote against Romney and feel pretty comfortable.

Bush will be more important just by virtue of being a War President.

So signing a bunch of worthless legislation that has not helped us or the country one bit..
oh and lets not forget, because they won't let us...he killed a terrorist.

whoopee.

Last edited:

Well then, you are painfully naive.

When Mitt says "I will repeal Obamacare", do you believe that he CAN.... let alone that he will do it? The fact is that he may very well want to work toward the repeal of Obamacare. That is what he is saying to you. A person who has participated in our voting process for as long as you have ought to have nailed this reality down by now.

A's? Anything important is a dismal D-.

That's sort of incorrect. I would ask what "Conservatives" have accomplished for the USA. Some Republicans, like Lincoln and Eisenhower, have done a great deal.

Conservatism is a selfish, self serving, reactionary, regressive and short sighted philosophy.

But some of the chicks are hot. :eusa_angel:

That you consider Lincoln to have been conservative tells me you don't know what conservatism is.

That you post this tells me you don't read what is actually included in the post. Neither Lincoln or Eisenhower were conservative. But they were Republican.

When some candidates make promises, it's meant to show what their core beliefs are..and what they are working toward. That's what Obama did..and even though he wasn't able to get everything he wanted done..it wasn't for lack of trying.

Romney is one of those "other" candidates..prepared to pander to whatever audience is in front of him.

You watch. He will soften or abandon his ultra right wing positions in the general.

Forum List

Back