EV Sales Broke Records in First Quarter of 2023 (up 45% - 7.2% of total sales)

abu afak

ALLAH SNACKBAR!
Mar 3, 2006
There are as Many EV Bashers as there are Warming Deniers, but demand and sales are Proving them WRONG.
Sales are exploding.

EV Sales Broke Records in First Quarter of 2023

Kelly Blue Book 4/12/2023

Americans bought more than 250,000 electric vehicles (EVs) in the first 3 months of 2023. They’re on pace to purchase more than a Million EVs annually for the First time.

Kelley Blue Book parent company Cox Automotive reports that Americans purchased 42 different models of EVs in the first quarter. A year ago, that same figure was 34. “Choice is expected to expand further in every quarter of 2023,” the company says.

Counting all EVs, including GMC Hummers and Mazda MX-30s, the Kelley Blue Book team estimates EV sales in Q1 increased by 44.9% year over year and reached 258,882, a record quarter for the U.S. market.
[......]

`

Last edited:
Anybody that's not rooting for EVs, regardless of current limitations, is not part of team humanity.

It's hard to imagine a person whose first reaction to this is salty, but I know damn well the comments are incoming.

Apes...

EV owners are a bunch of deadbeats who don't pay their fair share of the taxes. California is the state that has the highest number of EV owners, and all they have to pay to use the roads is a lousy $100 annual fee for a zero-emissions vehicle.

Meanwhile, those driving gasoline or diesel-powered vehicles have to pay $0.539 per gallon in state taxes for gasoline and $0.41 per in state taxes for diesel. That tax money goes into maintaining and repairing the roads and those deadbeat EV owners pretty much skate for free, even though their heavy-assed cars do more damage to the roads and highways.

California's fuel excise taxes brought in about $8.8 billion dollars in 2021-2022. Meanwhile, California's 838,000 electric cars (2022 figures) only brought in $83 million dollars worth of state revenue, if you figure the $100 revenue fee per EV.

How the fuck is this even fair?

There are as Many EV Bashers as there are Warming Deniers, but demand and sales are Proving them WRONG.
Sales are exploding.

EV Sales Broke Records in First Quarter of 2023

Kelly Blue Book 4/12/2023

Americans bought more than 250,000 electric vehicles (EVs) in the first 3 months of 2023. They’re on pace to purchase more than a Million EVs annually for the First time.

Kelley Blue Book parent company Cox Automotive reports that Americans purchased 42 different models of EVs in the first quarter. A year ago, that same figure was 34. “Choice is expected to expand further in every quarter of 2023,” the company says.

Counting all EVs, including GMC Hummers and Mazda MX-30s, the Kelley Blue Book team estimates EV sales in Q1 increased by 44.9% year over year and reached 258,882, a record quarter for the U.S. market.
[......]

`

@Baron Von Murderpaws post was 3-4 Months ago/ooops.​

But yes, they can't continue exponential growth from a higher base, and the people most anxious have got them.
`

Last edited:
I think about it. We don't have to go to war in the middle east anymore if we have solar and electric cars. We can keep everything here in America. That alone makes this worth it. Oil is war poison.

I think about it. We don't have to go to war in the middle east anymore if we have solar and electric cars. We can keep everything here in America. That alone makes this worth it. Oil is war poison.

Ukraine ranks 61st out of oil-producing nations. As far as exporters of wheat, they rank number five. So why are we financing a proxy war there now? Surely not for the oil. You might want to be a little more concerned that future wars might be happening because people are starving. You can't eat oil.

Ukraine ranks 61st out of oil-producing nations. As far as exporters of wheat, they rank number five. So why are we financing a proxy war there now? Surely not for the oil. You might want to be a little more concerned that future wars might be happening because people are starving. You can't eat oil.
Total deception or Stupidity.
But the Ukraine war/invasion affects Russian Oil, one of the top 3 producers of Oil AND Wheat.
One reason we/the world has had Inflation.
Not to mention Saudi Arabia and crazy MBS.
So YOU support Putin and MBS controlling the planet's energy/destiny when Sun and Wind could free it.
`

Last edited:
Total deception or Stupidity.
But the Ukraine war/invasion affects Russian Oil, one of the top 3 producers of Oil AND Wheat.
One reason we/the world has had Inflation.
Not to mention Saudi Arabia and crazy MBS.
So YOU support Putin and MBS controlling the planet's energy/destiny when Sun and Wind could free it.
`

Putin and Saudi Arabia are only monopolizing the world's energy because we have a piece of shit president and Democrats with anti-energy policies. We have more than enough energy here in the US, but you libtard Eco-terrorists would rather support communist China.

Where the hell do you think all that "green energy" bullshit is manufactured? The same country that tried to poison you with a nasty virus, but you suck up to them for your "green energy" bullshit.

How stupid are you people? :laughing0301:

Putin and Saudi Arabia are only monopolizing the world's energy because we have a piece of shit president and Democrats with anti-energy policies. We have more than enough energy here in the US, but you libtard Eco-terrorists would rather support communist China.

Where the hell do you think all that "green energy" bullshit is manufactured? The same country that tried to poison you with a nasty virus, but you suck up to them for your "green energy" bullshit.

How stupid are you people? :laughing0301:
Stupid and False.
MBS and Putin will dominate no matter what if we/the planet stay on O&G. They call it OPEC+1.
No comparison in reserves.
And OUR price (in Oil AND Wheat) is determined by the World price as we export if it's higher elsewhere.

`

Anybody that's not rooting for EVs, regardless of current limitations, is not part of team humanity.

It's hard to imagine a person whose first reaction to this is salty, but I know damn well the comments are incoming.

Apes...
Why should I “root for EVs?”

Government is bribing liberals with $7,500 per vehicle to buy EVs

Money that comes out of my pocket

So EVs are no friend of mine

Apes...
CO2 cools the planet. Unless of course you think two CO2 molecules radiating at each other can warm each other, you'd be making history. Physics says otherwise. So tell me, what are you trying to protect?

Why should I “root for EVs?”

Government is bribing liberals with $7,500 per vehicle to buy EVs

Money that comes out of my pocket

So EVs are no friend of mine
they won't be used to collect funds to fix the roads they're tearing up.

Forum List

Back