Europe's Long-Standing Dislike of America

sitarro said:
My friend does speak Spanish as well as he speaks French. He has told me that the Basque people would like their own country but both Spain and France don't want to lose such valuable real estate. He does like Spain more and that would be his choice if he would return but he seems to be very happy here. America has welcomed him with very few exceptions, his art career is going very well and he loves President Bush because he sees what he is doing in the name of freedom and respects him for having the balls to do the right thing(he is used to EUnuchs for politicians). American women are nuts about him as soon as he opens his mouth. . . why would he consider going back.

now I'm not confused anymore..had myself worried there for a minute...and I do like 'Basque' food as I am mostly Italian/Spanish and a little German thrown in...so this works for me! and Marcus did rock as a general!

dmp said:
I'm not married to a beautiful woman...I'm married to a 'pretty cute at times' woman....and that's pretty mean, about my kids....which one of the two is 'adorable'?

:)

I have only seen the one that you had in the black and white shot you posted. I thought that you might have two as I was hitting the enter button. . . too late.
As for your wife, I was talking about the beauty on the inside that she must have to put up with you, but she is really cute on the outside too. :cool:

archangel said:
now I'm not confused anymore..had myself worried there for a minute...and I do like 'Basque' food as I am mostly Italian/Spanish and a little German thrown in...so this works for me! and Marcus did rock as a general!

What does "Basque" food consist of?

Said1 said:

a combination of French sauces and spicey Spanish zing! as in a salsa type sauce on meat and veggies...kinda sorta like real Italian!

sitarro said:
You two should get a room, I don't think any of us besides maybe the naked emp wants to see what's coming next from this uncomfortably "close" relationship. eeeeuuuuchhh :eek: :puke3:
It has been recently proved that most homophobs are in fact gays in denial. I can teach you how to accept yourself, my friend. :bj2:

j/k

Said1 said:
I was curious:
WHAT EXACTLY IS BASQUE CUISINE?
Traditional Basque food is simple, fresh country fare. Cod, hake, bonito, and numerous other varieties of fish and shellfish feature prominently, along with a bounty of local ingredients such as mountain-pastured lamb, Iberian ham, eggs, wild mushrooms, beans, corn, and apples. Sauces are flavored with fresh herbs, peppers, and tomatoes.

New Basque cuisine retains the focus on simplicity and seasonality, but is lighter, with a French influence and exotic additions such as truffles or pineapple. Many chefs infuse their recipes with humor, playing with textures (vodka in gelatin form), sensations (fizzy dried fruit), and traditions (smoked sea salt).

link

IIIX said:
It has been recently proved that most homophobs are in fact gays in denial. I can teach you how to accept yourself, my friend. :bj2:

j/k

...and I contend Atheists/liberals are Christophobes. :)

The ClayTaurus said:
I was curious:

link

in simple terms minus the link...hey oldies does have a advantage...like Mr.P said..."been there done that!"...LOL

IIIX said:

j/k

or lack of logic...if one disagrees with another persons lifestyle...does not make one a "Homophobe"...then again so what...ya can be disgusted without fearing!... as the term 'phobe' relates to...geez! Then again when some continue along the lines of continually mentioning taking down their pants and humor about hey dude we relate!...well maybe ya have a valid point!
;) :huh:

rtwngAvngr said:
what are you saying? All i've seen you do is argue about basque and other minor trivialities. And if people's comments are too loud, I suggest you turn down your computer speakers.

Oh no he didn't! IIIX neg repped me on this piece of banter.

archangel said:
in simple terms minus the link...hey oldies does have a advantage...like Mr.P said..."been there done that!"...LOL
I was curious beyond what you offered, being that it was spicy and had french sauces. You certainly didn't offer any info on if it was fish heavy or meat heavy or vegetable heavy, so I looked it up.

But here you go, here's your pat on the back for being right on part of the description.:baby4: Just ignore the smilie until the patting on the head part, it's the best I could find.

The ClayTaurus said:
I was curious beyond what you offered, being that it was spicy and had french sauces. You certainly didn't offer any info on if it was fish heavy or meat heavy or vegetable heavy, so I looked it up.

But here you go, here's your pat on the back for being right on part of the description.:baby4: Just ignore the smilie until the patting on the head part, it's the best I could find.

looked it up...try it 'Mikey' ya will like it...personally I prefer the fish and seafood receipes...but the Lamb is not to bad...but the ham is better...LOL :eek:

archangel said:
looked it up...try it 'Mikey' ya will like it...personally I prefer the fish and seafood receipes...but the Lamb is not to bad...but the ham is better...LOL :eek:
I will.
What's your favorite Basque recipe?

The ClayTaurus said:
I will.
What's your favorite Basque recipe?

I go to the local Basque restaurants and go for the seafood specials...this type of cooking takes alot of experience...I'm way to westernized to attempt to butcher this..but I can cook a mean Italian seafood posta....Find a good Basque retaurant in your neihborhood and take your significant other out for a treat...if ya have the patience ask for the receipt and try it later at home...I am a chicken...heavy sauces are really hard to master!

archangel said:
I go to the local Basque restaurants and go for the seafood specials...this type of cooking takes alot of experience...I'm way to westernized to attempt to butcher this..but I can cook a mean Italian seafood posta....Find a good Basque retaurant in your neihborhood and take your significant other out for a treat...if ya have the patience ask for the receipt and try it later at home...I am a chicken...heavy sauces are really hard to master!
Well, what's your favorite dish to order at a restaurant then? Anything seafoody in general?

The ClayTaurus said:
Well, what's your favorite dish to order at a restaurant then? Anything seafoody in general?

anything with shrimp and crab...my GD is alergic to shell fish so she goes for the cod or lamb...my daughters are like me and go for the shell fish...depends on the chef though... have to shop it around...as different chefs make some things better...I go to 'John Ascuagas Nugget' Basque restaurant in Sparks...pretty good as are some local Mom & Pops in Minden/Gardnerville!

archangel said:
neg him back...ya have way more power points!...LOL
Indeed. I was testing the system (with 0 reputation power, I don't think it had any impact :p). I thought it was anonymous :/

Well anyway... To whoever said atheists are christophobes: that's often true. I personnally was christianophobe not so long ago, due to various experiences I had. I am now over this phase - and not any more a militant atheist.

(besides, I didn't get a message saying I was "neg repped". I have to learn how this system works).

Harmageddon said:
Sitarro,

Once more: I do not have a problem with the United States as such. I’m sure there are marvellous people there, you have produced some marvellous things, amongst them the Internet.

Actually, the Internet - or World Wide Web was invented by an Englishman called Tim Berners-Lee. Fact. :bow2:

Forum List

Back