Europe and America: What Shared Values?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by onedomino, Jan 11, 2008.

1. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    The other day on this message board, I disagreed with the common refrain that Bush is the main reason for anti Americanism abroad. I said that there is a lot more to it than that. Anti Americanism in Europe predates the Bush Presidency by many years, if not decades. Far beneath the superficial relationship that Europe has with Bush, the reasons for anti Americanism pertain to fundamental social and economic differences between Europeans and Americans. These differences are expressed by European educational systems. While attending school, I have lived in Asia and Europe; in particular Shanghai and Munchen. The anti Americanism I observed was far more intense in Europe than in Asia. These attitudes, contrary to popular belief, have not much to do with Bush. Sure he is a “cowboy,” and compared to the elitists in European universities (and American universities for that matter), “inarticulate and not very bright.” But that is just icing on an anti American cake that has been baking for decades. For those who think electing the American Left in November 2008 will offer a respite from generally increasing anti Americanism abroad, think again:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    It is for more than one reason that economists often maintain that America's future pertains especially to its relationships in Asia.

"Education" in France and Germany:

3. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Naw, I think Bush is just a fuckin' idiot and the world recognises, as you do, that fact. To use him as an excuse for American ignorance is at very least dishonest on your part. But, carry on.

4. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    What an unbelievably dimwitted remark. Typical of your brainless and hateful responses. You do not call yourself Psycho for nothing. It fits perfectly.

5. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    You gotta be shittin', 1dominoe.

"brilliant and typically thoughtful. did you even read the articles nitwit?"

I won't return the neg rep feature for you but you expose yourself for the fraud that you are.

6. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    I regret that the board limits the number of times I can neg rep your wasted posts. You excrete some of the most foul posts on this board and anyone who can read sees that. You are just a low-life troll looking for a fight.

7. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    You're killin' me ass breath!!!!!!!!!!

Your quote, not mine. "keep it up, assbreath."

Still not willing to discuss the topic? I thought so. Thanks for the other neg rep you genuine piece of shit for a conservative voice.

8. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Discuss the topic? What a joke. Look at your moronic response to my first two posts. What's to discuss? Your abuse of language? The single, lonely brain cell rattling around in your empty head?

9. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Why would I find it even complimentary advisable to debate with a jerk that uses his neg reps for argument?

Kiss my ass, 1donny, and go to hell, too.

10. tigerbob

tigerbob Increasingly jaded.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    That's one hell of a big sweeping generalisation. Hmmmm, just social and economic, huh? Wow.

Political? Nah.
    Historical? Nah.
    Language? Nah.
    Cultural? Nah.
    Religious? Nah.
    Environmental? Nah.

So it all comes down to the way they teach economics in France. Who'da thought?