Euro leaders look to stimulus

Someone is going to have to take a loss. I am sick and tired of politicians avoiding this inevitability. Someone is going to have to take a loss.

I don't just mean sovereign debt obligations. I mean every single raw material loan in the entire derivatives bubble. Home loans, corporate loans, sovereign loans. Someone is going to have to take a loss.

Until we completely deleverage this entire fracking derivatives bubble, we will have a sluggish western economy.

It's a big shit sandwich, and everybody has to take a bite.

• Banned
now how will the right claim this stimulus didnt work when it works?

Don't count your chickens there Truthsplatters.

Just because they push for a stimulus doesn't mean that they are gonna get one.

Europe is as broke as we are.

now how will the right claim this stimulus didnt work when it works?

You are confused. This is not "stimulus" they way you mean stimulus. This is not "shovel ready projects" or some other program created by a legistlative body intended to put people to work.

It's quantitative easing. A completely different animal. It is injecting liquidity into the market. This is more akin to what the Federal Reserve did in the US. It's actually more like the original plan for TARP.

Nothing the idiots Europe has for leaders have done to this point has accomplished anything. Zip. Zilch. Nada. They just kept kicking the can down the road, but each kick made the can bigger and bigger and bigger. And now the can is almost too big to kick any more.

Last edited:
  • Banned
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/23/business/global/daily-euro-zone-watch.html?_r=2&hp

In an additional measure to help ailing banks and prevent a credit crunch, the European Central Bank said Friday that it would broaden the collateral it accepts for low-interest loans. The measure will “further support the provision of credit to households and non-financial corporations,” the E.C.B. said in a statement.

The E.C.B. lowered the credit ratings it requires for some kinds of collateral, for example securities backed by auto or consumer loans. Banks can borrow as much money as they want from the E.C.B. at the benchmark interest rate, currently 1 percent, as long as they can post collateral.

The best cure for a monetary inflation hangover is another round of monetary inflaiton. Hair of the dawg, brah.

Don't count your chickens there Truthsplatters.

Just because they push for a stimulus doesn't mean that they are gonna get one.

Europe is as broke as we are.

Stimulus was the means the Obama Administration curtailed the 07-09 Great Recession and has produced positive GDP (growth) since June of 09 to the present quarter.

with positive GDP, growth and prosperity are assured and is the example Europe now recognizes for its own recovery.

Yeah, who cares it's failing already and the mountain of debt is drowning us?

Just pump more credit/currency in there and eventually, will hit mass utopia.

Obama stimulus has kept American UE pinned at 8% for 4 fucking years.

It's never worked, not once, not anywhere.

Clue: Get one today

Obama stimulus has kept American UE pinned at 8% for 4 fucking years.

It's never worked, not once, not anywhere.

Clue: Get one today

Yup. The stimulus, QE, Twists...all of this has simply prolonged the inevitable and made the coming correction just that much worse. Will these asshats wise up and let it happen, or will we go out in a blaze of glory like the world has never seen for quick political satisfaction (re-election)?

The left just don't get it but I have said it before. When I go to Kroger and step up to the cash register and say my stimulus is work, just smile and ask for cash.

ah the "your a poopy pants" defense.

facts just dont seem to yeild to that little ploy huh?

Forum List

Back