Ethics and The A-Bomb

Now, Curve, you are outright lying. No need to get angry with you. When dealing with either a delusional individual or a liar, simply keep him or her in reality by telling the correct facts. So, it goes like this: "No, CurveLight, you are wrong, the surrender was unconditional and the rest of the world accepts that. That you don't is fine for you, but no one else believes it or cares what you think. Those are the facts."

Now, Curve, you are outright lying. No need to get angry with you. When dealing with either a delusional individual or a liar, simply keep him or her in reality by telling the correct facts. So, it goes like this: "No, CurveLight, you are wrong, the surrender was unconditional and the rest of the world accepts that. That you don't is fine for you, but no one else believes it or cares what you think. Those are the facts."

Lol.....okay socky! See ya bitch.

Here's a decent link for people to ignore:

The Hiroshima Myth by John V. Denson

Without a doubt the biggest factor of ignorance regarding this issue is the Emperor.

With all the atrocities Japan committed why didn't the US prosecute Japan's leader? (Hint: that was part of the conditional surrender)

History proves that the US claims to have certain ethics, but in truth doesnt have them.

I see it like this, they wanted to spare their soldiers, so they killed a few hundredthousand civilians, as they also did in Europe and pretty much everywhere they have sent soldiers.
But hey dont forget that the US are the good guys, Japanese and Nazi's were bad because they killed civilians openly, the US arent because they openly say they are the good guys.

History proves that the US claims to have certain ethics, but in truth doesnt have them.

I see it like this, they wanted to spare their soldiers, so they killed a few hundredthousand civilians, as they also did in Europe and pretty much everywhere they have sent soldiers.
But hey dont forget that the US are the good guys, Japanese and Nazi's were bad because they killed civilians openly, the US arent because they openly say they are the good guys.

The "way you see it" is myopic and stupid.

Every nation which goes to war, moron, calls itself the "good guys." Not all are, obviously.

Almost every nation in modern time has been guilty of killing civilians during war -- and that practice is not even remotely new.

Unlike many other nations, the U.S. does try to avoid it.

You cavalierly dismiss the fact that the Japanese civilian population was being trained to fight to the last man and woman. The probability was for a horrendous loss of life, not just of our fighting men, either. From that perspective, the destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki almost certainly SAVED many fold more lives than were lost -- and again, that does not mean just OURs.

Ask some Chinese how the Japanese treated civilians. Get back to us. Ask the Poles and the gypsies and the Jews how the Germans treated civilians. Report back objectively, if you have that capacity.

You shouldn't talk about the U.S. not having ethics when you, yourself, so markedly lack them.

Every nation which goes to war, moron, calls itself the "good guys." Not all are, obviously.

Almost every nation in modern time has been guilty of killing civilians during war -- and that practice is not even remotely new.

You cavalierly dismiss the fact that the Japanese civilian population was being trained to fight to the last man and woman. The probability was for a horrendous loss of life, not just of our fighting men, either. From that perspective, the destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki almost certainly SAVED many fold more lives than were lost -- and again, that does not mean just OURs.

Ask some Chinese how the Japanese treated civilians. Get back to us. Ask the Poles and the gypsies and the Jews how the Germans treated civilians. Report back objectively, if you have that capacity.

You shouldn't talk about the U.S. not having ethics when you, yourself, so markedly lack them.

Lol....the Snitch Bitch pontificates uselessly once again....

* * * pontificates uselessly once again....

MenstrualMess has nothing of any consequence to say, again, so he posts.

Couldn't help but notice that you lack the ability to refute the post. Your ceaseless reliance on your lame form of ad hominem is noted, however.

Or are you still trying to maintain that the Japanese didn't Unconditionally Surrender even though the very surrender instrument they signed, to end the war, called it an "unconditional surrender?" :cuckoo: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Curvelight has made the claim we never intended to Invade Japan.

Operation Olympic - planned US invasion of Southern Japan 1945

That the casualty figures were fake and we had no plans to invade and occupy a resisting Japan.

Quote the post where I said that. I never did you lying fuck.

So you have never claimed that the casualty figures released for Operation Olympic were "faked", raised to hide the truth about us wanting to bomb Japan just to scare the Soviets? Hmm?

Remind us again oh truthful one, how Japan never signed an Unconditional surrender, How Japan offered numerous times to surrender before either Bomb was dropped, how the offer before the bombs was the exact same offer after the bombs.

Curvelight has made the claim we never intended to Invade Japan.

Operation Olympic - planned US invasion of Southern Japan 1945

That the casualty figures were fake and we had no plans to invade and occupy a resisting Japan.

So you have never claimed that the casualty figures released for Operation Olympic were "faked", raised to hide the truth about us wanting to bomb Japan just to scare the Soviets? Hmm?

Remind us again oh truthful one, how Japan never signed an Unconditional surrender, How Japan offered numerous times to surrender before either Bomb was dropped, how the offer before the bombs was the exact same offer after the bombs.

Once again you fucking donkey dick sucker......you said:

"Curvelight has made the claim we never intended to Invade Japan."

So show where I made that claim you lying fuck.

flaming-fart.jpg

:popcorn::popcorn:

flaming-fart.jpg

:popcorn::popcorn:

Yes...we all know how easy it is to reduce you to posting pics.

So Curvelight..... Since the US was prepared to invade the home Islands, the Japanese were unwilling to surrender and were training their civilians to human wave attack the landing beaches with bamboo spears, and you never claimed the casualty figures were false..... You would rather have seen several MILLION dead Japanese and upwards of a million casualties on the allied side, rather then drop 2 bombs that killed FAR less people?

And you want us to believe that dropping the bombs was unethical?

CurveLight's unwillingness to accept superior evidence and analysis is unethical.

I don't believe you can use the word "ethical", to apply to any war. At best you can claim necessity. As the saying goes: "The longer a war lasts the more like your enemy you become". Was the dropping of the bombs necessary? Yes. Was it ethical? No.

I don't believe you can use the word "ethical", to apply to any war. At best you can claim necessity. As the saying goes: "The longer a war lasts the more like your enemy you become". Was the dropping of the bombs necessary? Yes. Was it ethical? No.

And I disagree. The question is a simple one. DO we kill a few hundred thousand in order to save MILLIONS or do we just kill MILLIONS. That is an ethics question. You may not LIKE the ethics but it is ethical.

And I disagree. The question is a simple one. DO we kill a few hundred thousand in order to save MILLIONS or do we just kill MILLIONS. That is an ethics question. You may not LIKE the ethics but it is ethical.

Your saying it does not make it so. Your question implies you have the right to decide who lives and who dies, you don't. The only life you have a right to make that choice about is your own.

Your saying it does not make it so. Your question implies you have the right to decide who lives and who dies, you don't. The only life you have a right to make that choice about is your own.

Making said choice is an ethical question. Pretty simple concept.

Forum List

Back