Estimated jackpot $355 million

I got 5 earlier and some wine.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume the wine was the more lucrative purchase.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume the wine was the more lucrative purchase.

Yeah, no doubt.

But when it gets that high.....eh....what's a buck?

Last year or maybe the year before, someone won a mega millions jackpot in the 300 millions, and the winning ticket was purchased 2 miles from my house.

My girlfriend's (at the time) parents both bought tickets at that exact location, too.

Ever since then I figured the odds of ever hitting with a ticket purchased anywhere even in the remote vicinity of me were less than slim to none.

But you're right. $5 is $5. If I don't win I think I'll still be alright :lol:

Yeah, no doubt.

A buck wasted, since your odds of winning are better when it's a lower jackpot.

odds are the same.

The odds of having to split it goes up, but the odds of my numbers being pulled are the same everytime. Mathematically speaking.

Yeah, no doubt.

But someone has to win.... :cool:

If I win, I promise to buy everyone here a nice lil gift.
True story

Yeah, no doubt.

Last year or maybe the year before, someone won a mega millions jackpot in the 300 millions, and the winning ticket was purchased 2 miles from my house.

My girlfriend's (at the time) parents both bought tickets at that exact location, too.

Ever since then I figured the odds of ever hitting with a ticket purchased anywhere even in the remote vicinity of me were less than slim to none.

Yeah, you're fucked :lol:

Yeah, no doubt.

And that's not all. I think it was only a couple months after that, someone else won a pretty decent sized jackpot with a ticket bought about 10 miles away in the same county.

If I did win though, I'd hook a bunch of you guys up on here. I bet all the sudden those map coordinates would be getting much more specific :lol:

And that's not all. I think it was only a couple months after that, someone else won a pretty decent sized jackpot with a ticket bought about 10 miles away in the same county.

If I did win though, I'd hook a bunch of you guys up on here. I bet all the sudden those map coordinates would be getting much more specific :lol:

Coordinates, hell. I'd give you my phone number and let you come visit me at work :lol:

I bought a Powerball ticket....Once.

Won $100 and called it good.

True story.

Whats the difference between powerball and megamillions?

I'm a lottery n00b.
Might be the same thing for all I know.

There are X amount of white balls and one red "powerball".

Sounds like the same thing, I think. Although I don't know why one ball has to be a different color :dunno:

The point is to match all of them. What does it matter what color they are?

Whats the difference between powerball and megamillions?

I'm a lottery n00b.

Sounds like the same thing, I think. Although I don't know why one ball has to be a different color :dunno:

It matters for the payouts.

You get more if you have two numbers and the red ball, than you do with three white balls.

Yeah, no doubt.

That logic falls apart when the guy (or gal) who purchased the winning ticket is the one we are discussing.

The odds for him were as long as they are for me or for you, of course. But once those numbers hit, I guarantee he's not saying to himself, "I wasted that dollar since my odds of winning sucked!"

To paraphrase the NY Lottery ad campaign slogan:

"You gotta be in it to ... lose."

It matters for the payouts.

You get more if you have two numbers and the red ball, than you do with three white balls.

Oh. OK.

I guess I'll worry about if I hit any numbers.

I only plan on playing anytime it gets over $200m, so I don't really follow the weird rules.

Forum List

Back