Epic takedown of Maddow's Koch obsession

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Bazinga!

Rachel Maddow Is Crazy, Too | Power Line

I was a Rachel Maddow fan for a long time -- some years ago -- and I still hate when people say crappy things about her looks -- to me she looks great and no matter what I hate it when people are mean about personal things like that. But she sure isn't perfect. MSNBC has deep problems.

Bazinga!

Rachel Maddow Is Crazy, Too | Power Line

I was a Rachel Maddow fan for a long time -- some years ago -- and I still hate when people say crappy things about her looks -- to me she looks great and no matter what I hate it when people are mean about personal things like that. But she sure isn't perfect. MSNBC has deep problems.

Title'd work spelling it 'Koch' too. Very clever title. :)

I like Maddow, nice speaking style, similar political positions, and very pretty., Always liked the short cropped hairstyle on women.

• Banned
Ugh, I misspelled the title! And I even told myself to make sure I spelled it right. I need to be more careful.

Maddow lying is news worthy?

I've watched her show a few times, and a couple of times she's had professionals on that told her outright that she was wrong/lying, but she just interrupts them so the truth doesn't get out.

heaven forbid liberal actually learn they are being lied to

• Banned

I've watched her show a few times, and a couple of times she's had professionals on that told her outright that she was wrong/lying, but she just interrupts them so the truth doesn't get out.

Among all the embarrassments and apology-worthy broadcasting which has recently made the news, Maddow is being held up as the sane and reasonable voice at MSNBC.

OK, it wasn't the Koch Bros, therefore Boooooooooooosh

The LMSM could have a field-day covering Obama's real right in your face almost daily law breaking

Vast untapped market for covering it

Among all the embarrassments and apology-worthy broadcasting which has recently made the news, Maddow is being held up as the sane and reasonable voice at MSNBC.
Setting the bar that low purposely is just foolish. I think it actually does a disservice to the left.

Maddow's stuff is scripted by MSNBC and not much is spontaneous. It's too bad she was forced into a crazy anti-semite role but her ratings needed a boost and that's the way MSNBC thinks they can do it by pandering to the radicals .

It is fascinating the educational power money has today. Fighting regulation and educating ideologues, who then join the fight is such an odd American phenom. No longer is the goal American values, it is rather the monied's values. For the interested reader see the book quoted below. The link below gives you some idea of the Koch's massive monies and how they use it to manage America's mind. The nation of freedom has ironically become a nation of followers. Pied Piper redux in another form.

An amazing map of the Koch brothers massive political network

"A great transformation of American politics began during the years that Ronald Reagan was in the White House. This might not, at first, have appeared the likely outcome of his two administrations. Conservative activists (the same ones who would in later years celebrate Reagan as a saint) struggled during the 1980s with various disappointments: as president, Reagan did not end abortion, he met with Soviet leader Mikhail Corbachev, and he failed to eliminate the welfare state or even notably shrink government bureaucracies. And the enthusiasm within the business community that followed his election did not last long, as the economy sank into a deep recession, with unemployment rising to nearly 10 percent in 1982. As the manufacturing belt began to rust over, political conflicts between industrial companies desperately seeking subsidies and protection and those businesses that were able to thrive in global free markets grew more heated and intense. Tensions erupted between the owners of stock - newly confident and aggressive about using their financial power to compel management to do anything to raise returns - and career corporate executives. Today, the economic changes that began during the 1980s have an air of inevitability about them - the advent of globalization, the shift to a service economy. But at the time these transformations proved devastating to many of the manufacturing companies that had once most vociferously protested the New Deal.

And yet over the course of the decade the old skepticism toward business that had been born in the Great Depression and reawakened for a new generation in the Vietnam era finally began to disappear. The economic transformations of the decade would be interpreted through the framework of the free market vision. The 1970s campaigns to revive the image of capitalism among college students bore fruit in the 1980s. Universities created new centers for the study of business themes such as entrepreneurship. Students in Free Enterprise, a group started in 1975 to bring students together to "discuss what they might do to counteract the stultifying criticism of American business," thrived on small college campuses, funded by companies like Coors, Dow Chemical, and Walmart (as well as the Business Roundtable). The group organized battles of the bands, at which prizes would be doled out to the best pro-business rock anthems, helped silkscreen T-shirts with pro-capitalist messages, and created skits based on Milton Friedman's writings, which college students would perform in local elementary schools. In the workplace, the decline of the old manufacturing cities of [he North and Midwest and the rise of the sprawling suburbs of the Sunbelt metropolises marked the rise of a new economic culture, dominated by companies such as Walmart and Home Depot and Barnes & Noble." Kim Phillips-Fein ('Invisible Hands')

It is fascinating the educational power money has today. Fighting regulation and educating ideologues, who then join the fight is such an odd American phenom. No longer is the goal American values, it is rather the monied's values. For the interested reader see the book quoted below. The link below gives you some idea of the Koch's massive monies and how they use it to manage America's mind. The nation of freedom has ironically become a nation of followers. Pied Piper redux in another form.

"A great transformation of American politics began during the years that Ronald Reagan was in the White House. This might not, at first, have appeared the likely outcome of his two administrations. Conservative activists (the same ones who would in later years celebrate Reagan as a saint) struggled during the 1980s with various disappointments: as president, Reagan did not end abortion, he met with Soviet leader Mikhail Corbachev, and he failed to eliminate the welfare state or even notably shrink government bureaucracies. And the enthusiasm within the business community that followed his election did not last long, as the economy sank into a deep recession, with unemployment rising to nearly 10 percent in 1982. As the manufacturing belt began to rust over, political conflicts between industrial companies desperately seeking subsidies and protection and those businesses that were able to thrive in global free markets grew more heated and intense. Tensions erupted between the owners of stock - newly confident and aggressive about using their financial power to compel management to do anything to raise returns - and career corporate executives. Today, the economic changes that began during the 1980s have an air of inevitability about them - the advent of globalization, the shift to a service economy. But at the time these transformations proved devastating to many of the manufacturing companies that had once most vociferously protested the New Deal.

And yet over the course of the decade the old skepticism toward business that had been born in the Great Depression and reawakened for a new generation in the Vietnam era finally began to disappear. The economic transformations of the decade would be interpreted through the framework of the free market vision. The 1970s campaigns to revive the image of capitalism among college students bore fruit in the 1980s. Universities created new centers for the study of business themes such as entrepreneurship. Students in Free Enterprise, a group started in 1975 to bring students together to "discuss what they might do to counteract the stultifying criticism of American business," thrived on small college campuses, funded by companies like Coors, Dow Chemical, and Walmart (as well as the Business Roundtable). The group organized battles of the bands, at which prizes would be doled out to the best pro-business rock anthems, helped silkscreen T-shirts with pro-capitalist messages, and created skits based on Milton Friedman's writings, which college students would perform in local elementary schools. In the workplace, the decline of the old manufacturing cities of [he North and Midwest and the rise of the sprawling suburbs of the Sunbelt metropolises marked the rise of a new economic culture, dominated by companies such as Walmart and Home Depot and Barnes & Noble." Kim Phillips-Fein ('Invisible Hands')

Thanks for posting. However, that doesn't address the specific specious claim Maddow made about the Koch brothers and the Florida law which mandated drug testing for welfare applicants. The extent of her stretch detailed in the OP link is interesting -- as is the observation that she in effect indicted Comcast and MSNBC for promoting the law she claimed the Kochs promoted.

OP: Here

You: There in Fucking Lalaland

See the problem?

I read the link. I didn't quite realize how much the kochs were involved in politics and they still manage to get tax deductions for their propaganda foundations. None of that came out in the IRS scandal and the kochs never lost their deductions either. Notice the legions of faithful republicans in comments that rush to the defense of these two brothers without addressing the article or the koch influence network? "Liberal media, George Soros and Saul Alinsky comments right away of course. Just like on this board.

Last edited:
I read the link. I didn't quite realize how much the kochs were involved in politics and they still manage to get tax deductions for their propaganda foundations. None of that came out in the IRS scandal and the kochs never lost their deductions either. Notice the legions of faithful republicans in comments that rush to the defense of these two brothers without addressing the article or the koch influence network? "Liberal media, George Soros and Saul Alinsky comments right away of course. Just like on this board.

The article didn't address the link in my OP and that's how you characterize my failure to address the article?

I had a specific topic to discuss and started a thread for that purpose. I did not desire to help take my thread off course that early in the life of the thread.

You didn't address the link in the OP either. Is that a legion of whatever you are rushing to the defense of Maddow? If you don't like that kind of behavior on the board, then perhaps you could set an example by making meaningful on-topic comments and not coming back with your own pre-packaged kneejerk responses.

Last edited:
Watching a talk show last year they were being shown high school pics of people on tv.
When it got to Rachel's picture, NO ONE could guess who it was.

Rachel Maddow's 'Smokin' Hot' Yearbook Photo | PopEater.com

I'm so sorry but no matter how many I tried in the search results.....I couldn't get the picture to cut and Paste....Paste was never there to click on.

Maybe someone else can post the pic in this thread.

If you didn't already know who that was, could you guess ?

Forum List

Back