EPA turns down states' request for ethanol waiver

Listen the authoritarian central planner douchebags and their useful idiot apologists, who would rather wield absolute authority than feed people.

central planners like the farmers that pushed ethanol production years ago to raise the price of grain futures?

of course they did, destroying cars is more important than feeding people.

Pablum. This is the myth that just refuses to die! I have been running E10 for more than ten years...ZERO, ZILCH, NO PROBLEMS to report.
No, not pablum.

ETOH fuel dried out all the gaskets on my motorcycle and one of our small 2-cycle outboard motors.

The stuff is total shit for small engines.

And that is why the FAA does not allow its use in airplanes. It also reduces your mpg so while the price is a few cents lower, you're filling up more often. I've lost around 20% of my mpg due to ethanol.

Listen the authoritarian central planner douchebags and their useful idiot apologists, who would rather wield absolute authority than feed people.

central planners like the farmers that pushed ethanol production years ago to raise the price of grain futures?
I'm sure that the fat juicy subsidies they get from the central planners for producing ETOH corn have absolutely nothing to do with that. :rolleyes:

the supplies of ethanol producers has not taken away any corn fom the mouths of those Frito banditos.
First you people bitch to get ethanol blends made from corn, then you bitch to not make it. Make up your minds.
What the fuck do you think they serve to livestock at feed lots, ya ninny?

Alot use chicken litter, or, if you were Don Tyson you feed them other cows.

the supplies of ethanol producers has not taken away any corn fom the mouths of those Frito banditos.
First you people bitch to get ethanol blends made from corn, then you bitch to not make it. Make up your minds.
What the fuck do you think they serve to livestock at feed lots, ya ninny?

Alot use chicken litter, or, if you were Don Tyson you feed them other cows.
Dumb as a fucking brick.

You're dismissed.

I'm sure that the fat juicy subsidies they get from the central planners for producing ETOH corn have absolutely nothing to do with that. :rolleyes:

Anybody with a lick of sense knew what they were doing and where it would take us in the long haul, and what would happen during a famine.

Pablum. This is the myth that just refuses to die! I have been running E10 for more than ten years...ZERO, ZILCH, NO PROBLEMS to report.
No, not pablum.

ETOH fuel dried out all the gaskets on my motorcycle and one of our small 2-cycle outboard motors.

And that is why the FAA does not allow its use in airplanes. It also reduces your mpg so while the price is a few cents lower, you're filling up more often. I've lost around 20% of my mpg due to ethanol.

Horse shit! E10 will drop mileage, at the most, about 5%. (In a flex-fuel vehicle, E85 will drop mileage about 20%.) Having done a direct comparison, even that is often stretching it. You need to STOP LYING.

No, not pablum.

Horse shit! E10 will drop mileage, at the most, about 5%. (In a flex-fuel vehicle, E85 will drop mileage about 20%.) Having done a direct comparison, even that is often stretching it. You need to STOP LYING.

I am anal enough to keep track of my gas milage. 20% drop.

No, not pablum.

Horse shit. I have run it in no less than a dozen small engines (many of them 20+ years old). The sum total of the problems resulting was having to clean out the carb on a 20-year-old leaf blower when the alcohol loosened years of crud in the fuel system. Cleaned it out, I'm still using that leaf blower. I have run my old (late 70's!) generator for easily 1000 hours on E10...it ran 19 days straight at one point without a hiccup. My wife's old motorcycle (1979 Suzuki) had no problems with E10. None of the half dozen vehicles I help prep for winter storage have had a problem.

In your case, I suspect operator error.

So my fucked over motorcycle carbs and outboard motor that needed an overhaul long before its time -both with irreparably dried out gaskets and seals- are complete figments of my imagination.

Gotcha. :rolleyes: :thup:

As I said: in your case, I suspect operator error. Four different motorcycles (my wife's 1979 Suzuki, my mother's & stepfather's Suzuki LS650 Savages, my uncle's Yamaha cruiser, all carbuerated), ZERO E10 related problems. My wife's 'Zuki had close to 95,000 miles when she sold it.

So do I...I have kept a mileage log of every vehicle I have owned...which is why I KNOW you are full of shit! Either you are filling with E85, your math skills are truly horrid, your car has serious problems, or you are LYING. There simply are no other possibilities.

So do I...I have kept a mileage log of every vehicle I have owned...which is why I KNOW you are full of shit! Either you are filling with E85, your math skills are truly horrid, your car has serious problems, or you are LYING. There simply are no other possibilities.

Well my math skills are great, my truck runs fine, and i'm not lying. I do think you need to breath deeply and relax though.

Last edited:
Horse shit. I have run it in no less than a dozen small engines (many of them 20+ years old). The sum total of the problems resulting was having to clean out the carb on a 20-year-old leaf blower when the alcohol loosened years of crud in the fuel system. Cleaned it out, I'm still using that leaf blower. I have run my old (late 70's!) generator for easily 1000 hours on E10...it ran 19 days straight at one point without a hiccup. My wife's old motorcycle (1979 Suzuki) had no problems with E10. None of the half dozen vehicles I help prep for winter storage have had a problem.

In your case, I suspect operator error.

So my fucked over motorcycle carbs and outboard motor that needed an overhaul long before its time -both with irreparably dried out gaskets and seals- are complete figments of my imagination.

Gotcha. :rolleyes: :thup:

As I said: in your case, I suspect operator error. Four different motorcycles (my wife's 1979 Suzuki, my mother's & stepfather's Suzuki LS650 Savages, my uncle's Yamaha cruiser, all carbuerated), ZERO E10 related problems. My wife's 'Zuki had close to 95,000 miles when she sold it.
ETOH is a solvent...It eats the shit out of neoprene and other gasket materials...There's no denying it.

That you've been lucky doesn't negate the tens of thousands of small and marine engines that have been ruined from ETOH fuel....There isn't a marina or motorcycle mechanic in my area that doesn't have a list of recommendations on where to go to get 100% gasoline for their customers.

God and goddess, this is like trying to explain something to my CATS! Are you actually now trying to claim that none of the half-dozen plus vehicles I wrench on have neoprene gaskets? I know with one hundred percent certainty that they do, because I installed many of them! No problems with my Cadillac's 30+ year old Quadrajet carb, the even-older Q-jet (and the 20 year old Holley mechanical fuel pump) on my father in law's Trans Am, the weird Mikuni on my wife's old Festiva, the mid-80's 1850 series Holley on my uncle's F-250, or the BG Road Demon on my friend's Chevy K-20. No problems from the three Carter ThermoQuads I deal with. I use nothing more exotic than Sta-Bil when storing cars for the winter.

Again: sounds like your problems are operator error.

Already covered this one...Your luck doesn't negate thousands upon thousands of ruined engines and thousands upon thousands of mechanics who tell their customers to avoid ETOH fuel at all costs.

Y'know what else ETOH does?...It attracts and hold water in your fuel...Not good for engines or fuel tanks either.

Forum List

Back