EPA turns down states' request for ethanol waiver

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
EPA turns down states' request for ethanol waiver | Comcast

The Environmental Protection Agency has denied requests from several governors to waive production requirements for corn-based ethanol.

A renewable fuels law requires that 13.2 billion gallons of ethanol be produced by this year and 15 billion gallons be produced by 2015. That's good for corn farmers, but it's angered poultry, hog and cattle farmers. They say they've seen big jumps in corn-based feed costs as corn is diverted to make ethanol vehicle fuel.

States requesting the waiver say reduced corn production due to this year's drought has made the problem even worse.

All aboard the Obama fuck train, choo-choo........:clap2:

EPA turns down states' request for ethanol waiver | Comcast

The Environmental Protection Agency has denied requests from several governors to waive production requirements for corn-based ethanol.

A renewable fuels law requires that 13.2 billion gallons of ethanol be produced by this year and 15 billion gallons be produced by 2015. That's good for corn farmers, but it's angered poultry, hog and cattle farmers. They say they've seen big jumps in corn-based feed costs as corn is diverted to make ethanol vehicle fuel.

States requesting the waiver say reduced corn production due to this year's drought has made the problem even worse.

All aboard the Obama fuck train, choo-choo........:clap2:
What does the drought have to do with corn? :confused:

/dumbass libs at the EPA

epa is more powerful than elected officials. And guess which party uses it to their advantage.

I'm glad Idaho is the way it is. Not a lot of cars out here have cats in em.

of course they did, destroying cars is more important than feeding people.

Pablum. This is the myth that just refuses to die! I have been running E10 for more than ten years...ZERO, ZILCH, NO PROBLEMS to report.
No, not pablum.

ETOH fuel dried out all the gaskets on my motorcycle and one of our small 2-cycle outboard motors.

The stuff is total shit for small engines.

We have a UNELECTED body of mostly radical environmentalist in the EPA making decisions for our lives..

call you Representatives and ask to have them de-funded or put a boot on their necks

of course they did, destroying cars is more important than feeding people.

Pablum. This is the myth that just refuses to die! I have been running E10 for more than ten years...ZERO, ZILCH, NO PROBLEMS to report.
No, not pablum.

ETOH fuel dried out all the gaskets on my motorcycle and one of our small 2-cycle outboard motors.

Horse shit. I have run it in no less than a dozen small engines (many of them 20+ years old). The sum total of the problems resulting was having to clean out the carb on a 20-year-old leaf blower when the alcohol loosened years of crud in the fuel system. Cleaned it out, I'm still using that leaf blower. I have run my old (late 70's!) generator for easily 1000 hours on E10...it ran 19 days straight at one point without a hiccup. My wife's old motorcycle (1979 Suzuki) had no problems with E10. None of the half dozen vehicles I help prep for winter storage have had a problem.

In your case, I suspect operator error.

No, not pablum.

Horse shit. I have run it in no less than a dozen small engines (many of them 20+ years old). The sum total of the problems resulting was having to clean out the carb on a 20-year-old leaf blower when the alcohol loosened years of crud in the fuel system. Cleaned it out, I'm still using that leaf blower. I have run my old (late 70's!) generator for easily 1000 hours on E10...it ran 19 days straight at one point without a hiccup. My wife's old motorcycle (1979 Suzuki) had no problems with E10. None of the half dozen vehicles I help prep for winter storage have had a problem.

In your case, I suspect operator error.
So my fucked over motorcycle carbs and outboard motor that needed an overhaul long before its time -both with irreparably dried out gaskets and seals- are complete figments of my imagination.

Gotcha. :rolleyes: :thup:

Listen the authoritarian central planner douchebags and their useful idiot apologists, who would rather wield absolute authority than feed people.

yep, they care more about the earth then people..
brainwashing has been complete, they re-elected this on us

the supplies of ethanol producers has not taken away any corn fom the mouths of those Frito banditos.
First you people bitch to get ethanol blends made from corn, then you bitch to not make it. Make up your minds.

Forum List

Back