EPA funds the Church of Global Warming..

Apparently, it's perfectly legal to give non profit groups funding for projects.

Quick question Carla.. What exactly qualifies these leftist activists as experts on Global Warming remediation and preparedness. Are Unitarians all climate scientists and Civil Engineers???

Since when have you listened to scientists?

Go grab the grant application and lets look it over.

Just answer the question. What qualifications does a political activist church have for planning remediation for Global Warming induced problems? And drop the silly ad homs, unless you want to correct any science observations that I've made..

It appears they have teamed up with scientists.

The Sanctuary was filled to capacity, as leaders from South Florida municipalities, scientists, groups of citizen advocates, members of the faith community, and environmental advocates met to learn about a regional plan to protect Southeast Florida’s infrastructure, natural habitat, and personal property from the effects of sea level rise and climate change.

Regional and national experts from the South Florida Water Management District, Palm Beach County’s Department of Environmental Management, The City of Ft. Lauderdale, and county governments in Broward and Miami Dade explained the connection between global climate change, coastal erosion, inland flooding, threats to our turtle population, and challenges to our infrastructure, such as the recent washout of a section of A1A and inland flooding during rainfall and storm events caused by the inability of our aging canal gates to function as sea level rises.

SFL Climate Action Partnering Workshop | Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Boca Raton

Then those cities and organizations SUPPLYING the experts or the scientists THEMSELVES should be getting the funding. The Church is there to serve cookies and fire up the political base.. The "church" brings NOTHING to the table in the way of expertise..

How do you know that? It appears they are bringing expertise to the table since they've teamed up with scientists, which is why it's called a climate action coalition, a non profit organization.

I do understand that you are unhappy.

EPA is losing my last ounce of confidence. What with turning 3 river systems orange with their amateur field actions in Colorado -- and doing money laundering for leftist causes, and having a whack job Head political appointee who's become unglued in public a couple times --- this is truly a new low for the unaccountable retreads..

It appears they've been giving out these grants since 1994.

Overview
Since its inception in 1994, the Environmental Justice Small Grants Program has awarded approximately $26 million in funding to more than 1400 community-based organizations, and local and tribal organizations working with communities facing environmental justice issues.

The Environmental Justice Small Grants Program supports and empowers communities working on solutions to local environmental and public health issues. The program assists recipients in building collaborative partnerships to help them understand and address environmental and public health concerns in their communities. Successful collaborative partnerships involve not only well-designed strategic plans to build, maintain, and sustain the partnerships, but also working towards addressing the local environmental and public health issues.

Small Grants | Environmental Justice | U.S. EPA

$26 million since 1994 is a very small amount of money.

Great.. So I don't want to hear any whining when the Admin turns Republican and those grants start going to Heritage and Cato and Southern Baptists.. Deal???

If The Heritage or Cato starts a non profit group to help the environment, I will not have any problems with the EPA giving them a grant.

Well -- why did you leave out the Southern Baptists ?? Do you KNOW who the Heritage Foundation is?

Let the Southern Baptists start a non profit group to help the environment. It's all good with me.

And why should the EPA subsidize them to do that? What do the taxpayers get out of that and WHAT SUBSTANITIVE value does a church group bring to making science and engineering and civic policy decisions?

Overview
Since its inception in 1994, the Environmental Justice Small Grants Program has awarded approximately $26 million in funding to more than 1400 community-based organizations, and local and tribal organizations working with communities facing environmental justice issues.

The Environmental Justice Small Grants Program supports and empowers communities working on solutions to local environmental and public health issues. The program assists recipients in building collaborative partnerships to help them understand and address environmental and public health concerns in their communities. Successful collaborative partnerships involve not only well-designed strategic plans to build, maintain, and sustain the partnerships, but also working towards addressing the local environmental and public health issues.

Great.. So I don't want to hear any whining when the Admin turns Republican and those grants start going to Heritage and Cato and Southern Baptists.. Deal???

If The Heritage or Cato starts a non profit group to help the environment, I will not have any problems with the EPA giving them a grant.

Well -- why did you leave out the Southern Baptists ?? Do you KNOW who the Heritage Foundation is?

Let the Southern Baptists start a non profit group to help the environment. It's all good with me.

And why should the EPA subsidize them to do that? What do the taxpayers get out of that and WHAT SUBSTANITIVE value does a church group bring to making science and engineering and civic policy decisions?

The education they are providing to the community is on their website.

Climate Change Working Group | Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Boca Raton

So daws101 and TheOldSchool.. Have you read my sigline lately? The problem with not believing stuff and dismissing it because YOU DON'T LIKE THE SOURCE is dangerous and stupid to your awareness of issues.

So OldSchool --- Did ya miss THIS RIGHT WING LINK??

11/18/2015: The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Boca Raton, Fla. awarded $30,000 Environmental Justice Small Grant

The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Boca Raton, Fla. awarded $30,000 Environmental Justice Small Grant

Release Date: 11/18/2015
Contact Information: Dawn Harris Young, (404) 562-8421 (Direct), (404) 562-8400 (Main), [email protected]
ATLANTA – An Environmental Justice Small Grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has been awarded to the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Boca Raton, Fla. for their project titled: Replicable and Scalable Community Climate Resilience Building in Two Communities in Palm Beach County, Florida. The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is one of 40 non-profit and tribal organizations selected for award of nearly $1.2 million in competitive grants for work to address environmental justice (EJ) issues nationwide.

The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship will use the grant money to create a Resilience Adaptation Community Toolkit (ReACT), and use it in community led neighborhood canvassing and at community meetings to provide education and training to reduce public health risks associated with increasingly severe storms and sea level rise associated with climate change in South Delray Beach, Fla. and the Pearl City area of Boca Raton, Fla.

"EPA’s environmental justice grants help communities across the country understand and address exposure to multiple environmental harms and risks at the local level," said Matthew Tejada, Director of EPA’s Office of Environmental Justice. "Addressing the impacts of climate change is a priority for EPA and the projects supported by this year’s grants will help communities prepare for and build resilience to localized climate impacts."

No wonder you folks are so ill-informed when it comes to "fair and balanced". I read plenty of stuff that I don't agree with. Subscribed to funcking Mother Jones and The Nation for years. It clears your mind..
Sounds like a fine grant to me. Addressing the impact of climate change? Great! It took decades to convince you rubes climate change was a thing, btw. Progress.

As for the fluff bullshit added to the story by your partisan "journalists" like "white privilege church" and that they support gay marriage has nothing to do with the story and EVERYTHING to do with bunching up you and other rubes' panties.

Oh the hell it doesn't. I've been to more Unitarian "meetings" than you have. Because I want to hear ALL sides of the story. And their radical activism IS extremely relevant to THEM getting the grant as opposed to some other civic organization, civil engineering group, or even insurance analysts. This is just buttering up the political base and paying for their agitation on the issue..
Did those groups apply for this grant? Oh why am I asking you have no idea of course. :rolleyes:

Or maybe the grants were CREATED as a reward for their political activism on GWarming and they were pre-wired into the program. You don't KNOW -- do you???

You just fine with Churches getting "environmental justice" grants on the flimsy pretense that they are uniquely qualified to stop the oceans from the rising? That sounds more like a job for the Pope..
Thanks for your totally wild speculation. You'd make a great blogger. Terrible journalist, but fantastic blogger.

I bet the leader of that Church will be photographed in a shiny new Lamborghini next week with that colossal sum of $30,000! Oh no there I go with some wild speculation!

You have not deflected yet.

The question still stands...did they get the 30,000 ?

No separation of church and state here.

Wow.....

What if I get up in church and preach a pro-abortion sermon.

Think I can get some bucks for that.

Or how about some black lives matter B.S.

Someone should blow the EPA to bits.

Wow.....

I understand you are unhappy.

Wow.....

What you understand could fit in the intersticial space between two water molecules in an ice crystal.

Wow.....

And YOU will be unhappy too -- when the Fed Govt pulls this shit with right oriented organizations in the name of science and engineering. Guaranteed. If I see a tear from you --- I've got this thread marked and your hypocrisy will be all too obvious.

Folks need to start caring about RESULTS and efficiency and effective spending. ALL the time. Not just when it goes against their sensibilities and values and interests.

Overview

Someone should shut those morons down.

Wow.....

What you understand could fit in the intersticial space between two water molecules in an ice crystal.

Oh, don't go getting all scientific on me now! lol

Any agency of the US Government should not be giving money to any church for any reason.
End of Story...... Remember Separation of Church and State?

Wow.....

Oh, don't go getting all scientific on me now! lol

I am sure you are busy looking up the definitions. When they get to the term Angstrom, think of president Obama's integrity....it's about a single unit long.

Wow.....

And YOU will be unhappy too -- when the Fed Govt pulls this shit with right oriented organizations in the name of science and engineering. Guaranteed. If I see a tear from you --- I've got this thread marked and your hypocrisy will be all too obvious.

Folks need to start caring about RESULTS and efficiency and effective spending. ALL the time. Not just when it goes against their sensibilities and values and interests.

There have been plenty of times where I've been unhappy about where the Government spends tax dollars. This is not one of them.

Wow.....

There have been plenty of times where I've been unhappy about where the Government spends tax dollars. This is not one of them.

Great, no separation of church and state.

We can start putting the Ten Commandments up in court houses again.

Wow.....

Heck --- CDiseaseC ought to start funding the Mormons for alcohol prevention programs. And the Indian tribes ought to get money from NIH for gambling 1/2 way houses..

And most importantly... The church of Scientology should be getting MONGO HUGE grants from NASA for a Space program to link up with the Mother Ship when it arrives..

Wow.....

I didn't hear you whining then.....

When President George W. Bush authorized federally-funded partnerships between the government and faith-based groups nearly a decade ago, he opened a new chapter in the debate over separation of church and state.

Bush's so-called faith-based initiative green-lighted taxpayer dollars to local churches and other religious organizations to help them expand their social services in local communities. It's an arrangement President Obama supports as well.

But amid persistent criticism that the initiative walks a fine constitutional line, the administration moved to "strengthen the constitutional and legal footing" of the policy Wednesday with an executive order to add safeguards against inappropriate entanglement between church and state.

Groups are reminded they must keep their religious activities entirely separate in time and location, from the services provided with federal funds.

Faith-based organizations received more than $2.1 billion in federal social service grants in 2005, according to the most recent data published by the Government Accountability Office.

Full article @

Obama Alters Faith-Based Funding

Last edited:

Wow.....

Heck --- CDiseaseC ought to start funding the Mormons for alcohol prevention programs. And the Indian tribes ought to get money from NIH for gambling 1/2 way houses..

And most importantly... The church of Scientology should be getting MONGO HUGE grants from NASA for a Space program to link up with the Mother Ship when it arrives..

They might be already. I haven't bothered to look, have you?

Wow.....

When President George W. Bush authorized federally-funded partnerships between the government and faith-based groups nearly a decade ago, he opened a new chapter in the debate over separation of church and state.

Bush's so-called faith-based initiative green-lighted taxpayer dollars to local churches and other religious organizations to help them expand their social services in local communities. It's an arrangement President Obama supports as well.

But amid persistent criticism that the initiative walks a fine constitutional line, the administration moved to "strengthen the constitutional and legal footing" of the policy Wednesday with an executive order to add safeguards against inappropriate entanglement between church and state.

Groups are reminded they must keep their religious activities entirely separate in time and location, from the services provided with federal funds.

Faith-based organizations received more than $2.1 billion in federal social service grants in 2005, according to the most recent data published by the Government Accountability Office.

Full article @

Have not been on the board for that long.

Were you really hoping to use that as a point ?

BTW: GWB was and is a moron. If he backed it....it had to be screwed up.

Obama turned out to eight years of the same.

Wow.....

Full article @

Did YOU whine about Bush about doing that? Of course you did..

Probably also ignored the fact that Gore in 2000 was saying the same damn thing.

It's either right or wrong. It's a different story if you're helping the needy and feeding the hungry and spending manhours on one-one counseling. That's nowhere NEAR the complexity and knowledge requirements for keeping the seas from rising over the coastline. Or understanding WHY and WHEN that might happen.

Is it??

They might be already. I haven't bothered to look, have you?

Your trolling and deflection means you either haven't ever considered a coherent opinion on the topic or you're just trolling for reaction because you can't really defend this blatant laundering of science monies to political activists posing as a church..

Which is it? You really think NASA funding a space program for the Church of Scientology is an OK idea??

Forum List

Back