EPA funds the Church of Global Warming..

I understand you are unhappy.

And YOU will be unhappy too -- when the Fed Govt pulls this shit with right oriented organizations in the name of science and engineering. Guaranteed. If I see a tear from you --- I've got this thread marked and your hypocrisy will be all too obvious.

Folks need to start caring about RESULTS and efficiency and effective spending. ALL the time. Not just when it goes against their sensibilities and values and interests.

There have been plenty of times where I've been unhappy about where the Government spends tax dollars. This is not one of them.

Great, no separation of church and state.

We can start putting the Ten Commandments up in court houses again.

I didn't hear you whining then.....

When President George W. Bush authorized federally-funded partnerships between the government and faith-based groups nearly a decade ago, he opened a new chapter in the debate over separation of church and state.

Bush's so-called faith-based initiative green-lighted taxpayer dollars to local churches and other religious organizations to help them expand their social services in local communities. It's an arrangement President Obama supports as well.

But amid persistent criticism that the initiative walks a fine constitutional line, the administration moved to "strengthen the constitutional and legal footing" of the policy Wednesday with an executive order to add safeguards against inappropriate entanglement between church and state.

Full article @

Obama Alters Faith-Based Funding

Did YOU whine about Bush about doing that? Of course you did..

Probably also ignored the fact that Gore in 2000 was saying the same damn thing.

It's either right or wrong. It's a different story if you're helping the needy and feeding the hungry and spending manhours on one-one counseling. That's nowhere NEAR the complexity and knowledge requirements for keeping the seas from rising over the coastline. Or understanding WHY and WHEN that might happen.

Is it??

I actually wasn't even aware of Bush's faith based initiative until I came across this article. This hasn't been my focus of concern.

What was Gore saying in 2000, related to this topic? Just curious.

And YOU will be unhappy too -- when the Fed Govt pulls this shit with right oriented organizations in the name of science and engineering. Guaranteed. If I see a tear from you --- I've got this thread marked and your hypocrisy will be all too obvious.

Folks need to start caring about RESULTS and efficiency and effective spending. ALL the time. Not just when it goes against their sensibilities and values and interests.

There have been plenty of times where I've been unhappy about where the Government spends tax dollars. This is not one of them.

Great, no separation of church and state.

We can start putting the Ten Commandments up in court houses again.

Heck --- CDiseaseC ought to start funding the Mormons for alcohol prevention programs. And the Indian tribes ought to get money from NIH for gambling 1/2 way houses..

And most importantly... The church of Scientology should be getting MONGO HUGE grants from NASA for a Space program to link up with the Mother Ship when it arrives..

They might be already. I haven't bothered to look, have you?

Your trolling and deflection means you either haven't ever considered a coherent opinion on the topic or you're just trolling for reaction because you can't really defend this blatant laundering of science monies to political activists posing as a church..

Which is it? You really think NASA funding a space program for the Church of Scientology is an OK idea??

I think my position has been quite clear on this issue. The UU's started a non profit group, a coalition, with scientists, activists, and other experts, and are educating the community on how to live with the rising sea level. It's perfectly legal, and I think it's a worthy cause. I'm happy the EPA awarded them the grant.

Forum List

Back