Ensuring Liberty Through Double Speak

Personally, I don't find this to be the case at all. From the start I had trouble figuring out what the "ideology" behind this movement was, and I figured there just wasn't one. Today I figure... the same thing. Limited government, fiscal responsability, more strict constitutional interpretation, that's all good and fine. To me though for the most part this ISN'T what I've been getting from the tea partiers.

No ideology? You've got to be kidding me!! Dick Armey and company are at the heart of the entire thing.

Personally, I don't find this to be the case at all. From the start I had trouble figuring out what the "ideology" behind this movement was, and I figured there just wasn't one. Today I figure... the same thing. Limited government, fiscal responsability, more strict constitutional interpretation, that's all good and fine. To me though for the most part this ISN'T what I've been getting from the tea partiers.

They seem to be far more pro-christian rightism, pro-war, anti-abortion loons to me. With people like Sarah Palin taking the lead in the "tea party movement" and at the same time pushing for a war with Iran I don't see how you can make the case that this movement is standing for fiscal responsability.

This isn't me attacking it, it's my own perspective. I'm all for lower taxes. I'm all for a balanced budget. I'm all for fiscal responsability. I'm not for endless wars and conservative christian values being shoved down people's throats and the government should be forcing women to bring pregnancies to term because Jesus said it was the right thing to do. I DON'T see this as an anti-establishment movement, I see it as a christian-right anti-Obama movement, run by the Republican Party. Recent developments concernign Ron Paul's problems with the "tea partiers" and Sarah Palin speaking at the "Tea Party convention" prove my point.

Oh... and when the Hell did Cynthia McKinney get involved with the tea partiers? I missed that...

Populist nitwitticism

good post though

Forum List

Back