Ensuring Liberty Through Double Speak

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Mark Skoda, the organizer of the Tea Party Convention (seriously LOL), who heads the freedom fighter's group Ensuring Liberty Corp., said his group would stand out for it's transparency, though he would not name who would serve on it's board.

LOL

seriously folks...these people say one thing and then do another even before they wield any real power. Then you got former GOP House Speaker Tom Delay, proposing the Tea Party movement as standing for Small Government...WTH? HOW big did government grow under his leadership?

These nickle and dime patriots are laughing all the way to the bank.

gawd, I love American politics
:cool:
D.

Mark Skoda, the organizer of the Tea Party Convention (seriously LOL), who heads the freedom fighter's group Ensuring Liberty Corp., said his group would stand out for it's transparency, though he would not name who would serve on it's board.

LOL

seriously folks...these people say one thing and then do another even before they wield any real power. Then you got former GOP House Speaker Tom Delay, proposing the Tea Party movement as standing for Small Government...WTH? HOW big did government grow under his leadership?

D.

We don't need you guys anymore. The country is going hard-core right and you know it.

LOL

D.

Do you have a link??

LOL

D.

We don't need you guys anymore. The country is going hard-core right and you know it.
We? more delusion? :cuckoo:

The Caucus NYT (sherry try google)
eb 7, 2010, 1:23 AM GMT
The Tea Partiers Court the Foreign Press
By KATE ZERNIKE

NASHVILLE -- Organizers of the National Tea Party Convention here were not happy about the media coverage leading up to their event - the stories about how convention sponsors and participants were pulling out and accusing the convention of "profiteering," and about one organizer's past bankruptcy.

So it was perhaps not surprising that despite saying they wanted to run a "transparent" operation, they turned down many of the 120 requests they said they received from news organizations seeking to send journalists here.

Even the local paper, The Tennessean, said it was refused a credential.

But the convention organizers did extend permission to cover the event to several international journalists, from, according to their list, Spain, France ,Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia and Japan. For those reporters, it is not easy translating the sentiments of the tea partiers to their audiences back home.
good gawd, these people are pathetic. LOL

LOL

D.
Looks like the Tea Party is culling the herd. LOL
Convention
By KATE ZERNIKE

NASHVILLE -- Yes, there were the handful of Revolutionary War re-enactors with their powdered wigs and tri-corner hats. And a guy with the T-shirt proclaiming himself a proud member of the "Tennessee MOB" - a poke back at politicians who dismissed tea partiers as an "angry mob." And one of the speakers did insist that Jesus' birth was better documented than President Obama's.

But at the inaugural National Tea Party Convention here this weekend, gone were the placards protesters had carried last year with Mr. Obama's face wearing a Hitler mustache, or superimposed on The Joker. Gone, really, were any placards, unless you count the poster of Sarah Palin in her signature red jacket that someone had hung from one of the wrought iron balconies of the Opryland Hotel and Convention Center.

Organizers said that anyone who had shown up "looking too crazy" would have been tossed out. They had a goal that it turned out pretty much everyone here shared:
I guess we know why most if not all the USMB Teabaggers were thrown out of the convention, eh?

LOL

D.

The TEA Party is less a Party than an idea. Perhaps a collection of individuals with various ideas. That the TEA Party is attacked relentlessly and viciously is revealing more of the attackers fear of the "movement" than of the TEA Party folks themselves.

Right now, there is a a mist of discontent in the country becuase people who want to work for a living cannot find a job. People who have strong feelings on independence and fairness see that the people who are leading them are completely out of touch with the pain in their lives.

Kahlil Gibran once mused that all of value in our lives was born in the mist and not in the crystal and "Who knows but that a crystal is mist in decay". If the current major parties are the result of ideas that were born in the "mist", this anaolgy is pretty accurate.

A couple questions:

When asked who would be n the "Board", had the board been formed at that moment? What was the process to be used to form it and was it yet defined? Was it to be formed based on input from the convention attendees?

Was Tom Delay a member of the TEA party when he served in the Congress?

Is your satisfaction with the unemployment rate, the deficite, the debt, the lack of success in dealing with these things, the departure from campaign promises, the secrecy, the deal making, the deception and the deciet from the current bunch of ruling elitist thieves complete?

If you are completely satisfied, then you're lucky; perhaps in a coma, but lucky.

If you are not completely satisfied with any of these points, you might do well to consider the TEA party. At least they are trying to find solutions.

LOL

D.

The TEA Party is less a Party than an idea. Perhaps a collection of individuals with various ideas. That the TEA Party is attacked relentlessly and viciously is revealing more of the attackers fear of the "movement" than of the TEA Party folks themselves.

When the whole Tea Party thing came out, I was impressed with their ideas. And the ideas themselves are still damn good. Limited government, fiscal responsibility, more strict constitutional interpretation...

...And then they went for the lunatic fringe as their spokespeople. And THATS where it went off the rails for me. Judge Roy Moore? Media Attention Whore Sarah Palin? Tom Tancredo? Conservative Cynthia McKinney Michelle Bachman? And now Orly Taitz is trying to worm her way in?

Uh-huh. No way. The movement has been hijacked by media-whore attention seeking whack-o-doodles. The basic ideals are sound and praise-worthy. But these people are doing more harm to those basic conservative ideals than good. It's no longer grass-roots and for the people. It's been taken over by celebrity-politicos looking to keep their names in the headlines. Fuck all over them.

LOL

D.

When the whole Tea Party thing came out, I was impressed with their ideas. And the ideas themselves are still damn good. Limited government, fiscal responsibility, more strict constitutional interpretation...

...And then they went for the lunatic fringe as their spokespeople. And THATS where it went off the rails for me. Judge Roy Moore? Media Attention Whore Sarah Palin? Tom Tancredo? Conservative Cynthia McKinney Michelle Bachman? And now Orly Taitz is trying to worm her way in?

Uh-huh. No way. The movement has been hijacked by media-whore attention seeking whack-o-doodles. The basic ideals are sound and praise-worthy. But these people are doing more harm to those basic conservative ideals than good. It's no longer grass-roots and for the people. It's been taken over by celebrity-politicos looking to keep their names in the headlines. Fuck all over them.

The TEA folks seem to be angry and motivated. Those you cite above are opportunists. The folks who aspire to lead the movement are poll readers who will tailor their message to fit the audience. I saw Palin attacking the Big 0 from her soap box in a sound bite on one of the news shows this morning.

Bad Form.

The Dems have the Blue Dogs and, by my understanding of Taxed Enough Already, they fit into this mold. There are plenty of positives to talk about in terms of cutting spending, restoring responsible and responsive government and stopping the insanity of looking for solutions to private problems in publicly financed programs.

Get out of my life, get out of my pocket and stop dividing the country to advance your own career.

Is that too much to ask of our politicains?

Get out of my life, get out of my pocket and stop dividing the country to advance your own career.

And when a movement is started to advance that idea, those who are partly responsible for dividing the country to advance their own careers take it over!

Ahhhh. Irony.

And when a movement is started to advance that idea, those who are partly responsible for dividing the country to advance their own careers take it over!

Ahhhh. Irony.

You're probably right. Those with a lean and hungry look about them don't need a belief system within, they just need a corp of believers to support them.

We are seeing it happen with the TEA Party right now.

Ahhhh. Irony.

You're probably right. Those with a lean and hungry look about them don't need a belief system within, they just need a corp of believers to support them.

We are seeing it happen with the TEA Party right now.
The Way IT Works.

Now the sheeple are in denial.

Double speak is saying, "I'm going to go through the budget with a fine-toothed comb" while blowing a $1.6 Trillion hole in it.

LOL

D.

Personally, I don't find this to be the case at all. From the start I had trouble figuring out what the "ideology" behind this movement was, and I figured there just wasn't one. Today I figure... the same thing. Limited government, fiscal responsability, more strict constitutional interpretation, that's all good and fine. To me though for the most part this ISN'T what I've been getting from the tea partiers.

They seem to be far more pro-christian rightism, pro-war, anti-abortion loons to me. With people like Sarah Palin taking the lead in the "tea party movement" and at the same time pushing for a war with Iran I don't see how you can make the case that this movement is standing for fiscal responsability.

This isn't me attacking it, it's my own perspective. I'm all for lower taxes. I'm all for a balanced budget. I'm all for fiscal responsability. I'm not for endless wars and conservative christian values being shoved down people's throats and the government should be forcing women to bring pregnancies to term because Jesus said it was the right thing to do. I DON'T see this as an anti-establishment movement, I see it as a christian-right anti-Obama movement, run by the Republican Party. Recent developments concernign Ron Paul's problems with the "tea partiers" and Sarah Palin speaking at the "Tea Party convention" prove my point.

Oh... and when the Hell did Cynthia McKinney get involved with the tea partiers? I missed that...

LOL

D.

That depends on your definition of 'the country'.

Forum List

Back