ENOUGH....Time for Gun Control....NOW

Getting shot allows for no defense.
Not true. You can shoot back, or shoot first.

Not every person feels the need to carry a gun on their way to buy milk. But I digress, do you always have your best friend in your hand at the ready as you enter the grocery store? Do you have eyes in the back of your head? Are you as dumb as you seem to be?

Getting shot allows for no defense.
Not true. You can shoot back, or shoot first.
Not every person feels the need to carry a gun on their way to buy milk.
Good to see you recognize your error.

Since, as you say, violent crime is so bad that we need to further restrict the 2A rights of the law abiding, not carrying a gun on the way to get milk is abject stupidity.

Are you as dumb as you seem to be?
Asks the Foolish Child

Yeah I'll take your word over the Australian Bureau of Crime Research

And just because it's popular doesn't mean it's effective.

Sheep like you tend to agree with everything your masters do

That isn't issue (the ABCR). There are many other issues at stake.

Of course it is effective. There have been no mass shootings since the ban was in place.

In the 10 years I have been on here I have asked several righties to debate me on my lack of freedoms vs your apparent unfettered freedoms? Why? Because I certainly feel a lot freer down here than I would up there. Nobody has ever taken up that offer. I wonder why.

Just because you think you're free doesn't mean you are. You are a slave to the NRA and your combative mindset that makes you fear your govt and think you need a gun. I don't fear my govt. If they piss me off, I'll vote them out.

No mass shootings since the ban was in place?

You didn't hear about the Monash University Shooting or the Lin family murders or the Hectorville siege or the Logan shooting or the Cairns child killings? You seem remarkably uninformed

Face it dude, the reason why we have so much violence here is because of progressives like you who have never met a violent criminal you didn't like.

You have so much violence because you're a violent nation. You have some of the harshest penalties in the Western world when it comes to crime and still you beat most other countries when it comes to violence.

The violence comes from a very small minority of the criminal population who are overwhelmingly illegal aliens from violent third world nations.

Face it dude, the reason why we have so much violence here is because of progressives like you who have never met a violent criminal you didn't like.

You have so much violence because you're a violent nation. You have some of the harshest penalties in the Western world when it comes to crime and still you beat most other countries when it comes to violence.

You're an idiot. There is a very small percentage of our population that engage in violent behavior. Yes, it's higher than Australia's, but both have a rate that is less than 10 per 100,000 people. Australia vs United States: Crime Facts and Stats

I'm tired of reading your ignorance.

And I have listed incidents where multiple people have been shot and/or killed since Port Arthur
So it seems your gun bans don't stop people from shooting each other
Just like your own government agency says

Who said a gun ban would stop people from shooting each other. Only an idiot would think that. My point is what sort of society you want to live in? One awash with guns where death via gun is relatively high like Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, Afghanistan or the USA? Or where it is a relatively rare occurance like Sweden, Ireland, Australia or Switzerland?

You have so much violence because you're a violent nation.
Amd you're solution to that is to disarm us so that we can all become victims? Idiot. You just made the greatest case for why firearms must be legal. Thank you.

Yeah. That's right. Be like Iraq. Be like Afghanistan. Be like Pakistan. Be like Libya. Great company you keep.

Who cares that it was from a firearm? Your ignorant position is that it's ok to be murdered so long as it's not from a bullet. Every single human on earth would rather take a bullet than experience the long, agonizing, and horrific act of being stabbed to death.

No. My argument is that civilised western societies have no where near the same problem with people being killed via firearms as the US. Whether that is murder, suicide or by accident. But overall my point is, you John Wayne types are lost in the 1880s...and you love your guns because you gag for the day where you walked around like Big Man On Campus with your peashooter tied to your hip...but pretend you don't.

You're an idiot. There is a very small percentage of our population that engage in violent behavior. Yes, it's higher than Australia's, but both have a rate that is less than 10 per 100,000 people. Australia vs United States: Crime Facts and Stats

I'm tired of reading your ignorance.

Couple of things moron:
1) Westwall was the one saying you had the violence.
2) We're talking firearms sparky List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
3) Who put a gun to your head and told you to read my posts? Not I. As for ignorance, looks like you're trying to take Patriot/Westwall's crown..

Active Shooter at Oregon High School

BREAKING: Reports of active shooter at high school near Portland | Q13 FOX News

PORTLAND — There were multiple reports of an active shooter around 8:30 a.m. at a high school in Troutdale, Oregon.

According to the Columbian Newspaper, area police requested assistance from Clark County Washington sheriff’s deputies at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, Ore. to respond to calls of a possible shooting.

Read more: BREAKING: Reports of active shooter at high school near Portland | Q13 FOX News

Sorry, children. It's time to make it harder to get your shiny, dangerous toys. Too many loonies out there. Every week now.

The "GOOD GUY WITH A GUN" at Walmart ended up in the hospital in Las Vegas. SO there goes that Wayne LaPierre bullshit myth.

Guns don't kill people - Planned Parenthood kills people.

And I have listed incidents where multiple people have been shot and/or killed since Port Arthur
So it seems your gun bans don't stop people from shooting each other
Just like your own government agency says

Who said a gun ban would stop people from shooting each other. Only an idiot would think that. My point is what sort of society you want to live in? One awash with guns where death via gun is relatively high like Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, Afghanistan or the USA? Or where it is a relatively rare occurance like Sweden, Ireland, Australia or Switzerland?
So you admit your gun ban doesn't stop gun crime

That's what I've been saying all along.

Different countries have different murder rates for all kinds of reasons. Economics, demographics and sociological reasons are far more important than guns

Who cares that it was from a firearm? Your ignorant position is that it's ok to be murdered so long as it's not from a bullet. Every single human on earth would rather take a bullet than experience the long, agonizing, and horrific act of being stabbed to death.

No. My argument is that civilised western societies have no where near the same problem with people being killed via firearms as the US. Whether that is murder, suicide or by accident. But overall my point is, you John Wayne types are lost in the 1880s...and you love your guns because you gag for the day where you walked around like Big Man On Campus with your peashooter tied to your hip...but pretend you don't.

Well criminals aren't civilized are they?

And it is criminals who commit most of the murders in the US and most murder victims are other criminals so win win

Suicide is a choice and there is no evidence that the suicide rate of any country would decrease if there were no guns

Different countries have different murder rates for all kinds of reasons. Economics, demographics and sociological reasons are far more important than guns

A gun ban doesn't stop any type of crime. It is designed to stop a country being awash with unnecessary firearms. It is designed to allow people to go to college, the cinema or wherever without having to worry about some loon with a chip on his shoulder going postal. And in that regard, it has been a resounding success down here.

A gun ban doesn't stop any type of crime. It is designed to stop a country being awash with unnecessary firearms. It is designed to allow people to go to college, the cinema or wherever without having to worry about some loon with a chip on his shoulder going postal. And in that regard, it has been a resounding success down here.

But you just said it doesn't stop gun crimes so any criminal that wants to shoot up a movie theater still will even in Australia

The only thing is no one will be able to shoot back

You don't seem to realize that mass killings account for less than 1% of all murders in this country so it really isn't that big of a problem

No. My argument is that civilised western societies have no where near the same problem with people being killed via firearms as the US.
Again - your position is that it's ok to be murdered so long as it's not from a bullet. You just had a woman brutally stabbed to death in a barbaric murder in your inbred, backwoods little island. Real "civilized" society you have over that asshat. By the way - it's spelled "civilized" not "civilised" you ignorant high school dropout.

A gun ban doesn't stop any type of crime. It is designed to stop a country being awash with unnecessary firearms.
You don't seem to realize that mass killings account for less than 1% of all murders in this country so it really isn't that big of a problem
He also doesn't realize that mass shootings only occur where guns are banned. And what does stupid want to do? Ban guns. :eusa_doh:

Well criminals aren't civilized are they? And it is criminals who commit most of the murders in the US and most murder victims are other criminals so win win

Suicide is a choice and there is no evidence that the suicide rate of any country would decrease if there were no guns

Some are civilised. Some aren't. All I know is that your country is awash with guns, has a high incarceration rate, has the death penalty, and has some of the harshest penalties when it comes to crime. Yet, in all of western civilisation you have one of the highest crimes rates. Highest death rates by firearms. How is being armed to the teeth and one of the harshest penalty systems in the world working out for you? Not very well it seems.

Forum List

Back