ENOUGH....Time for Gun Control....NOW

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
Active Shooter at Oregon High School

BREAKING: Reports of active shooter at high school near Portland | Q13 FOX News

PORTLAND — There were multiple reports of an active shooter around 8:30 a.m. at a high school in Troutdale, Oregon.

According to the Columbian Newspaper, area police requested assistance from Clark County Washington sheriff’s deputies at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, Ore. to respond to calls of a possible shooting.

Read more: BREAKING: Reports of active shooter at high school near Portland | Q13 FOX News

Sorry, children. It's time to make it harder to get your shiny, dangerous toys. Too many loonies out there. Every week now.

The "GOOD GUY WITH A GUN" at Walmart ended up in the hospital in Las Vegas. SO there goes that Wayne LaPierre bullshit myth.

There is a shooter, so let's make sure everyone is completely unarmed and at the mercy of the next shooter that comes along.

Seriously, why on earth do you think that makes any sense whatsoever?

No sane person wants a complete gun ban. Be rational.

As an independent, I am curious: What is the danger in having A. background checks, B. psychological examinations, and/or C. a limitation or ban on military-grade, semi-automatic machine guns that nobody NEEDS (I can understand the need for some sort of weaponry, but personally I feel that it is a little extreme)?

I personally feel that one of the functions of a government is to protect their people, and these guns, clearly, endanger many people.

Last edited:
There is a shooter, so let's make sure everyone is completely unarmed and at the mercy of the next shooter that comes along.

Really? Your thinking is referred to as myopic.

The Japan lesson: Can America learn from the country that has almost zero gun deaths?
The Japan lesson: Can America learn from the country that has almost zero gun deaths? - The Washington Post

The contrast between the United States and Japan could not be starker. If the United States has the loosest gun laws in the developed world, then Japan has the strictest. Most guns are illegal, with onerous restrictions on the few that are legal. Police also have far broader search-and-seizure powers. But the country also has a remarkably low rate of firearm deaths.

In 2008, when the United States experienced over 12,000* gun-related homicides, Japan had only 11, or fewer than half as many killed Friday in Newtown, Conn.""""""

Population of Japan, 129,000,000.

*12,000 X 4-6 relatives who lost them = 50,000 people just in 2008 alone who I bet would love to see gun control enforced in this country.

Last edited:
there is a shooter, so let's make sure everyone is completely unarmed and at the mercy of the next shooter that comes along.

really? Your thinking is referred to as myopic.

the japan lesson: Can america learn from the country that has almost zero gun deaths?
the japan lesson: Can america learn from the country that has almost zero gun deaths? - the washington post

the contrast between the united states and japan could not be starker. If the united states has the loosest gun laws in the developed world, then japan has the strictest. Most guns are illegal, with onerous restrictions on the few that are legal. Police also have far broader search-and-seizure powers. But the country also has a remarkably low rate of firearm deaths.

in 2008, when the united states experienced over 12,000 gun-related homicides, japan had only 11, or fewer than half as many killed friday in newtown, conn.""""""

can america learn to commit suicide just like the japanese do?

No sane person wants complete a complete gun ban.

Inevitably, the gun-haters can't refute what a gun-rights advocate said, so they ignore it and pretend he said something else, and pretend to "refute" that instead.

(yawn)

Who cares?

It is a small price to pay for a second ammendment. Suck it up.....there will be another one in a week or so

I don't know any details on this latest "active shooter" yet, having just heard about it in this thread that supplies none.

But how many of the last twenty or thirty shooters, would have been stopped by the laws this gun-hater is demanding, when they weren't stopped by the laws we already have?

It seems that the gun-haters will never get it through their heads, that their laws only affect law-abiding people.... the people who aren't causing the problems in the first place.

No sane person wants complete a complete gun ban. Be rational.

As an independent, I am curious: What is the danger in having A. background checks, B. psychological examinations, and/or C. a limitation or ban on military-grade, semi-automatic machine guns that nobody NEEDS (I can understand the need for some sort of weaponry, but personally I feel that it is a little extreme)?

I personally feel that one of the functions of a government is to protect their people, and these guns, clearly, endanger many people.

These bitches will scream that their privacy is being invaded, all the while posting the latest intimate details of their lives on Facebook, or worse, posting photos of their GUNS on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.

I bet a majority of them use Gmail instead of SSL encrypted email programs. Google OWNS your email as soon as you hit the send button. But these Ammo-sexuals fear an invasion of their privacy.

Last edited:
No sane person wants complete a complete gun ban. Be rational.

Please come to Massachusetts. I'll be more than happy to show you almost a full Legislature that wants to ban firearms, and a Governor who would eagerly sign just such a bill.

A. I have little issue with background checks so long as they are "INSTANT". I'll even be nice enough to give the NICS system 5 minutes (I'm feeling exceptionally generous today) to run it. I will never accept a system that takes longer than that because it's a de facto waiting period.

B. You do realize that the only outcome of that requirement would be to ensure that no gun owner, no matter how much they may feel they need to talk to someone, ever sets foot inside a therapist/psychiatrist's office, right?

C. I have no problem with that limitation, so long as it applies to all Local, State, and Federal LEOs and all domestically stationed Military personnel except in time of War (as declared by Congress via the US Constitution).

You may feel that way, but the US Constitution disagrees with you. The only protective requirement in the Constitution is for the common defense of the NATION, not the citizens thereof. The SCOTUS has decided that your local LEO isn't even required to protect you, just to arrest the guy who beat the shit our of you. Besides, who says it isn't your local LEO that you need protection from?

Police: Injuries reported in Oregon high school shooting

a high school near Portland, Oregon, a police representative said.

The shooting happened at about 8 a.m. PT at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, about 12 miles east of Portland, said Sue Strickland of the Troutdale Police Department.

Classes were in session at the time, Strickland said. It wasn't clear how many people were injured, and details about what led to the shooting weren't immediately available.

A couple of SWAT teams responded, Strickland said.

CNN first learned of the shooting through reports on Twitter.

CNN's Stefan Simon contributed to this report.

In 2008, when the United States experienced over 12,000* gun-related homicides, Japan had only 11, or fewer than half as many killed Friday in Newtown, Conn.""""""

Population of Japan, 129,000,000.

In 2006, Japan had 32,115 suicides.

I agree; more gun control. More people need to get involved. Take gun classes, use both hands, and nail the shooter fast and permanently.

Like the guy who intervened at Walmart in Las Vegas a couple days ago? [rolling eyes]

These bitches will scream that their privacy is being invaded, all the while posting the latest intimate details of their lives on Facebook, or worse, posting photos of their GUNS on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.

I bet a majority of them use Gmail instead of SSL encrypted email programs. Google OWNS your email as soon as you hit the send button. But these Ammo-sexuals fear an invasion of their privacy.

As usual, when the gun-haters get refuted, they start ranting hysterically, pretending they can read people's minds, etc. etc.

At least this one got smacked down quickly.

Police: Injuries reported in Oregon high school shooting

a high school near Portland, Oregon, a police representative said.

The shooting happened at about 8 a.m. PT at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, about 12 miles east of Portland, said Sue Strickland of the Troutdale Police Department.

Classes were in session at the time, Strickland said. It wasn't clear how many people were injured, and details about what led to the shooting weren't immediately available.

A couple of SWAT teams responded, Strickland said.

CNN first learned of the shooting through reports on Twitter.

CNN's Stefan Simon contributed to this report.

When will the madness end? They need to ban guns once and for all so the US will look more like Chicago where they have the political courage to ban guns.

Japan has a suicide rate of 25 per 100,000.

The US has a suicide rate of 11 per 100,000.

So still no clear explanation how passing laws keeping guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens helps stop violent people from massacring others.

Forum List

Back