Enough Talk

I'm curious what the folks who bitch and moan the most actually do to make things better, if they are not willing to "get out" as is often advised.

Those that judge the viability of other's citizenship do not necessarily obligate themselves to serve as example Unkotare.

Fact is, the entire chickenhawk mentality rose to prominence due to such unmitigated gall being socially acceptable

~S~

Maybe I should run for President?

Might as well. Seems like everyone else is.

But, is everyone running plan on donating their yearly Presidential salary to charity like Trump ALREADY DOES!

I think not! Especially 'Sleepy Joe' Biden.
The President's salary is chump change for Trump because he is obscenely rich already. Let's not make it sound as if he's doing anything that matters to him at all.

But, is everyone running plan on donating their yearly Presidential salary to charity like Trump ALREADY DOES!

The President's salary is chump change for Trump because he is obscenely rich already. Let's not make it sound as if he's doing anything that matters to him at all.
Wow! How fascist

What Democrat politician donates his salary to charity work?

So much gassing on around here about perceived problems, grievances, and hate/fear. Since "If you don't like it, leave" never seems to convince any of the disgruntled to actually leave my country, it is a fair question to ask what any of us are doing to make the country better, stronger, more united, equitable of opportunity, and prosperous.

So, what do you/have you done to make things better? Better for everyone, not just those fellow Americans who think exactly like you on every possible issue.
Abolish about 90% of the federal gubmint, and privatize its "necessary" bureaucracies.
Abolish the Fed and return the creation of credit to the free market.
Close ALL military bases on foreign soil and bring the troops home.

Then have lunch.

No, no, what ARE you doing or have you done? It wasn't a question about fantasies.

The obvious first question is to ask what YOU have done? From what I see here, the safe answer is "not much."

Most of my professional life. But this is not a thread for me to 'boast' or anything like that. I'm curious what the folks who bitch and moan the most actually do to make things better, if they are not willing to "get out" as is often advised.

Answer the question. What "professional life" have you ever had other than tutoring grade school kids in English to "boast" about.

Nothing to boast about.

25 years in education in various contexts and with nearly every sort of student from every background. Currently working in a very urban school district with some of the most at need students that almost all teachers find very challenging to teach. I chose this school district specifically to work with these students. Several nights a week I also work with adult learners at a community college and a nearby community center. This gives me the chance to work with students who represent the parents of the students I teach during the school day. Weekends and some evenings I tutor students from very different backgrounds, generally from rather wealthy families. I am also head wrestling coach for the four high schools in the city where I teach. This is an important aspect of education as well, and one that has given many students confidence, pride, and opportunity they might otherwise not have found. In the past I worked overseas for many years, and for several years was a program manager for three offices of a refugee resettlement agency in New England. Like many, I have a portion of my pay automatically deducted on behalf of charities I support. I have a long and varied professional background in addition to all this, since I have rarely if ever only had one job at a time. All of which is beside the point, because I am not one of the many "bitch and moan" squad the whines here endlessly while not lifting a finger to do anything to improve my great nation.

And I sometimes put salt on my scrambled eggs.

:desk:

12-15-clinton-01.jpg

So much gassing on around here about perceived problems, grievances, and hate/fear. Since "If you don't like it, leave" never seems to convince any of the disgruntled to actually leave my country, it is a fair question to ask what any of us are doing to make the country better, stronger, more united, equitable of opportunity, and prosperous.

So, what do you/have you done to make things better? Better for everyone, not just those fellow Americans who think exactly like you on every possible issue.
You are still here?

I thought all you Obama bitchers would have left the country.

I vote....I donate... I give to charity, I help others when I have a chance.
Toss that quarter into the Red Kettle.

You are still here?

I thought all you Obama bitchers would have left the country.

??????

Name me a couple of multi-billionaires with international businesses, and you might have a point.

Abolish about 90% of the federal gubmint, and privatize its "necessary" bureaucracies.

Then have lunch.

No, no, what ARE you doing or have you done? It wasn't a question about fantasies.

The obvious first question is to ask what YOU have done? From what I see here, the safe answer is "not much."

Most of my professional life. But this is not a thread for me to 'boast' or anything like that. I'm curious what the folks who bitch and moan the most actually do to make things better, if they are not willing to "get out" as is often advised.

Answer the question. What "professional life" have you ever had other than tutoring grade school kids in English to "boast" about.

Nothing to boast about.

25 years in education in various contexts and with nearly every sort of student from every background. Currently working in a very urban school district with some of the most at need students that almost all teachers find very challenging to teach. I chose this school district specifically to work with these students. Several nights a week I also work with adult learners at a community college and a nearby community center. This gives me the chance to work with students who represent the parents of the students I teach during the school day. Weekends and some evenings I tutor students from very different backgrounds, generally from rather wealthy families. I am also head wrestling coach for the four high schools in the city where I teach. This is an important aspect of education as well, and one that has given many students confidence, pride, and opportunity they might otherwise not have found. In the past I worked overseas for many years, and for several years was a program manager for three offices of a refugee resettlement agency in New England. Like many, I have a portion of my pay automatically deducted on behalf of charities I support. I have a long and varied professional background in addition to all this, since I have rarely if ever only had one job at a time. All of which is beside the point, because I am not one of the many "bitch and moan" squad the whines here endlessly while not lifting a finger to do anything to improve my great nation.

Lol your doing a Good job of destroying lives

I rescue kittens from trees and help old ladies to cross the street

I rescue kittens from trees and help old ladies to cross the street
51237851_2252491671457373_1069143189631270912_n.jpg

Pay workers more, re-institute pensions and retirement plans, decouple your work and health insurance, cut taxes, put one of the parents back into the home to raise the kids…
But have you done any of those things? Have you ever built a biz? Created wealth? Paid your workers more? Reinstituted pensions and retirement plans?
Cut taxes?

Anything except whine about what others must do?

Then have lunch.

Nothing to boast about.

For these 25 years have you used a fundamental approach to learning - maybe one based on John Dewey's (or others) progressive approach ?

Forum List

Back