Enjoy the internet while it is free...government will control it soon

Do some Americans really believe high taxes and censorship wont be coming along with more Government involvement in the Internet? How can any American think More Government will = More Freedom? That's just ludicrous to me. Since 911,the Government has taken so much away from its Citizens. Why would anyone trust more Government involvement in anything at this point?

can you explain to me in your own words exactly what this law does?

i mean actual concrete facts and not "the are going to take our freedom" rhetoric?

I think its obvious that when the government gets its tentacles into ANYTHING private sector related, it is a failure and does nothing but kill liberty. History has shown this, yet people keep voting for failure.

Bingo! :clap2::clap2:

Oh...point me in the direction of where I can vote out Bernanke or whoever the idiots at the FCC , DoL, DoE, EPA, DoC etc. are. Thanks.

You can vote out the people that appoint them. That's so obvious, I don't know why you even bother. Your objections are becoming more and more laughable. :lol:

oh, so you can't vote out government. well, thanks anyway.

You're an idiot. What's that comment all about? Shove your 'thanks' where the sun don't shine. Your posts just moved from 'clueless' to 'worthless'.

Remember when we used to be a free nation? Can we ever get that back? God i hope so but i'm not very optimistic.

I think its obvious that when the government gets its tentacles into ANYTHING private sector related, it is a failure and does nothing but kill liberty. History has shown this, yet people keep voting for failure.

you mean like the glass stegall act and the regulation of savings and loans?

or do you mean child labor laws and osha?

government preventing something is the same as controlling something.

So when state governments pass laws against murder and theft, which are designed to prevent certain behaviors, that amounts to the state controlling all behavior and we have a dictatorship at the state level?

This is the exact same reasoning as you have used here.

So many Americans have been raised on Big Government propaganda from early childhood. So as adults they just don't know any better. They don't even realize they're cheerleading for something that hurts them too. I feel we already have a big enough Government. Do we really need any more Government in our lives? It seems at every turn we're being thwarted and harassed by our Government these days.

My God,starting your own Business has become an absolute nightmare. They're only a hindrance to success now. That's not what we need from our Government. We need them to instead just leave us alone and get off our backs. And it really has gotten so much worse since 911. A Government takeover of the Internet is almost inevitable but to cheerlead for it is just plain ignorant. Time for less Government,not more.

Last edited:
You guys seriously don't know anything about the internet. It was created by the government and in government labs. They slowly allowed people to have things like "messageboards" in the beginning. And generally it was only hobbyists that used them. The "internet" actually exploded when Al Gore put through a bill that financed telecommunication upgrades and internet research.

Most things computer related were initiated by the government in one form or another.

Do some Americans really believe high taxes and censorship wont be coming along with more Government involvement in the Internet? How can any American think More Government will = More Freedom? That's just ludicrous to me. Since 911,the Government has taken so much away from its Citizens. Why would anyone trust more Government involvement in anything at this point?

can you explain to me in your own words exactly what this law does?

i mean actual concrete facts and not "the are going to take our freedom" rhetoric?

Of course he can't.

You must be a government paid spam bot for asking such questions.

You guys seriously don't know anything about the internet. It was created by the government and in government labs. They slowly allowed people to have things like "messageboards" in the beginning. And generally it was only hobbyists that used them. The "internet" actually exploded when Al Gore put through a bill that financed telecommunication upgrades and internet research.

Most things computer related were initiated by the government in one form or another.

Doesn't justify them taking more of our Freedom & Liberty away. I see a very sad trend developing with the Big Government folks. More & more they are defending the indefensible when it comes to anything Government. At some point you have to wake up and see what's going on. More people need to forget about the 'D' & 'R' game. Squabbling over party affiliation while the Government is seizing more & more of our Freedom is such a waste of time. I really do hope more Americans will get it at some point. I really do.

Doesn't justify them taking more of our Freedom & Liberty away. I see a very sad trend developing with the Big Government folks. More & more they are defending the indefensible when it comes to anything Government. At some point you have to wake up and see what's going on. More people need to forget about the 'D' & 'R' game. Squabbling over party affiliation while the Government is seizing more & more of our Freedom is such a waste of time. I really do hope more Americans will get it at some point. I really do.

It is confirmed, you and Libocalypse are the same person. We will be shutting down your internet access shortly.

Be careful people. It appears we do have a Government Spam-Bot on this board. They are paid to spam & spy on political message boards. I wont say who it is,but pay attention and you'll recognize it. Just be careful replying to it.

:lmao:

I didn't see much of this complaining when the Bush administration was casting huge nets on people's private communication with email. They argued that the internet was not subject to privacy laws. They also were checking all forms of interaction on the net without much of a peep from conservatives.

NOW..you are complaining because of the issue of net neutrality? AND basically because it keeps all sites, "equal" when you do searches on them?

This is a corruption of liberty..and what Bush did is fine?

Oh gosh. :lol:

I didn't see much of this complaining when the Bush administration was casting huge nets on people's private communication with email. They argued that the internet was not subject to privacy laws. They also were checking all forms of interaction on the net without much of a peep from conservatives.

NOW..you are complaining because of the issue of net neutrality? AND basically because it keeps all sites, "equal" when you do searches on them?

Two wrongs don't make a right. Don't you know that? Bush was Big Government,Obama is Big Government. Do you really believe there's a difference between the two? It's a known fact that our current Government employs spammers & spies to go onto political message boards and Social Media sites. Some here like to snicker and call people crazy for mentioning this but it is reality. In fact it's very likely some visit this site from time to time. I just wish more people would stand up for less Government. Because it's the only logical way forward for our nation.

Remember when we used to be a free nation? Can we ever get that back? God i hope so but i'm not very optimistic.

No. Not in my lifetime. As was becoming a teen I became aware that other teens (and young men)were being forced into military service and were killing and being killed in a far away land. Then I learned about Jim Crow. Then I learned about Slavery.

When exactly was this a free nation as you say?

Now if you want to talk about liberty and the persuit of happiness that's a different matter. I think we have greater liberty in this country than ever before but we have to be wary of oppression.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Don't you know that? Bush was Big Government,Obama is Big Government. Do you really believe there's a difference between the two? It's a known fact that our current Government employs spammers & spies to go onto political message boards and Social Media sites. Some here like to snicker and call people crazy for mentioning this but it is reality. In fact it's very likely some visit this site from time to time. I just wish more people would stand up for less Government. Because it's the only logical way forward for our nation.

The presidency is like the engineer of a big train. They just keep it rolling and it just keeps getting bigger. (Don't mention the coming train wreck).

Spammers and spies? How do I get one of those jobs. Hell I can log onto many many message boads......?????? Now specially written Spiders and Web Crawlers that seek out specific combinations of words, yeah I think they're involved with that. Spammers and spies? Hahahahaha.

if china can decide what shows up, trust me, history has shown time and time again when you open up the can of worms it just keeps growing. its a slippery slope as with everything government has EVER done. social security was meant to be a 1 to 1 tax employee to employer. it grew out of whack. the income tax was supposed to be like 5% for the top 10% and it grew out of whack. medicare, medicaid, EVERYTHING. it starts small then it grows and becomes tyrannical. if you knew any history you would understand how dangerous this is. but you dont. youre a typical brainwashed moron living in the fantasy world of liberalitis, the chronic condition of political and historical ignorance.

Thats great and all, but what does that have to do with Net Neutrality? Everytime you post, you reinforce the fact that you don't understand what Net Neutrality is about. You just go along with it because you're obviously just not smart enough to understand what is actually being proposed.

No offense,but you do sound like you work for the Government and are paid to be here. Next you'll probably be calling everyone 'Nutters" and "Wingnuts" right? I know the Government pays spammers to come to political message boards. You definitley fit the mold. So i wont be replying to your comments anymore. You are likely a Government bot. Have a nice day.
Link?

Here we go again....

Please explain how government will be controlling the internet. Specifically.

the FCC is a government body. It will decide what websites show up on searches. Therefore, it will be controlling the internet in a way that picks what it wants people to see.
its not fucking rocket science.

LOL, it will? Please show ANYWHERE that this is what will be happening or even remotely close to what will be happening. So if the government is deciding "who shows up on searches" that means the government will be taking over Microsoft and Google and telling them what to do?

Obviously to you, this topic is as equally confusing as rocket science. You're arguing a topic you are making blatantly clear you don't understand at all.

Without getting to far into this I would just like to point out that china's internet is not free, it is state controlled.

So in light of that, all this talk about government not being able to do it is total bullshit. They can do it, they want to do it, and soon they will. They will use the premise of copywrite laws, or child predators, or whatever they think will manufacture enough fear to gain support for it.

Our government fucking sucks, and to even think for one second that it is not after more power just to further secure the power it does have is one second where sanity has left the room.

Forum List

Back