English – The Official Language of the USA

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
S. 678: A bill to declare English as the official language of the United States, to establish a uniform English language rule for naturalization, and to avoid misconstructions of the English language texts of the laws of the United States, pursuant to Congress’ powers to provide for the general welfare of the United States and to establish a uniform rule of naturalization under article I, section 8, of the Constitution.

Introduced by Senator Inhofe and sent to committee Mar 9, 2015

I appreciate that we have a diverse American society. But, official correspondence and material should be written by the language of the majority of American citizens – and that's English.

S. 678: A bill to declare English as the official language of the United States, to establish a uniform English language rule for naturalization, and to avoid misconstructions of the English language texts of the laws of the United States, pursuant to Congress’ powers to provide for the general welfare of the United States and to establish a uniform rule of naturalization under article I, section 8, of the Constitution.

I appreciate that we have a diverse American society. But, official correspondence and material should be written by the language of the majority of American citizens – and that's English.
Well shit, I thought we mostly spoke Japanese here. I guess we'd better pass a law then, that states the obvious eh?

Why should it be the "official" language when 1/4 of our country was founded in Spanish and then taken over by us?

English is the defacto language like it or not. If you want to succeed in this country you need to speak good English. You don't need a law for that, it's natural selection. The law is just another way of tellling those who's first or best language isn't English that "you aren't American, we don't like you".

I think it deals with official document.

I cannot stand to receive my sample ballot and find it's in English AND SPANISH! If I want to vote in Spanish, I'll go to Mexico.

Inhofe is a jackwad.

Inhofe is a joke.

What language did the original settlers speak? Dutch. French. Swedish.

What about any one of hundred different native American languages or dialects?

Fucking Teatards.... you all go from stupid to dangerously stupid.

This country needs an enema.

I cannot stand to receive my sample ballot and find it's in English AND SPANISH! If I want to vote in Spanish, I'll go to Mexico.

Then leave.

Just get the fuck out.

This country is not for you.

Why do you live here if our way of life, our multi-cultural society make you so miserable?

Just Fuck Off. Find happiness somewhere else.

Then leave.

Just get the fuck out.

This country is not for you.

Why do you live here if our way of life, our multi-cultural society make you so miserable?

Just Fuck Off. Find happiness somewhere else.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Such anger.

For your information, I am married to a Mexican who has five children, all of whom speak Spanish. The majority language in our household is Spanish and we watch a lot of Spanish television and listen to Mexican music.

THAT is exactly why I feel official government documents should be strictly in ENGLISH.

Why, you can speak it here....How can you stand Blah, Blah, Blazzo?

Que?

It already is written in English Puto.

Theater for the rubes.

This messageboard is in the USA and the citizens speak English. Your performance on the previous posts demonstrate the need for the law.

Theater for the rubes.
Racist, xenophobic theater. Next up, the Save the White Babies bill...

It already is written in English Puto.
No panoche?

Why should it be the "official" language when 1/4 of our country was founded in Spanish and then taken over by us?

English is the defacto language like it or not. If you want to succeed in this country you need to speak good English. You don't need a law for that, it's natural selection. The law is just another way of tellling those who's first or best language isn't English that "you aren't American, we don't like you".
Many countries have more than one official language. So probably it would make sense to include English, Spanish, sign language, and the Native American languages (at the very least) if the government is going to establish official languages.

Forum List

Back