Energy Lobbyist killed in mysterious fire

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
It almost qualifies for a Tom Clancy plot. Ashley Turton was a lobbyist for a company called "Progress Energy" and was also the wife of the president's "legislative affairs director" Dan Turton. Nice cozy relationship having an energy lobbyist married to the legislative affairs director. She was found dead in a burning car in her own garage a few days ago. Washington D.C. sleuths determined that she bumped the wall upon driving into the garage and the car erupted in flames before she could get out. (yeah right). Anyway, Progress Energy entered into a 13.7 Billion dollar merger with Duke energy the day Ashley Turton was killed.

That's a head-scratcher.
Yeah there's some weird stuff happening lately that's for sure. I'm still behind on this story and trying to snoop out why all the birds and fish are dying. Another fishkill in lake Michigan in Chicago today!

Call in the reinforcements!

z-166.jpg

It almost qualifies for a Tom Clancy plot. Ashley Turton was a lobbyist for a company called "Progress Energy" and was also the wife of the president's "legislative affairs director" Dan Turton. Nice cozy relationship having an energy lobbyist married to the legislative affairs director. She was found dead in a burning car in her own garage a few days ago. Washington D.C. sleuths determined that she bumped the wall upon driving into the garage and the car erupted in flames before she could get out. (yeah right). Anyway, Progress Energy entered into a 13.7 Billion dollar merger with Duke energy the day Ashley Turton was killed.

I didn't read the part where she bumped into a wall; the report I read was that she crashed into something. Still, mucho suspect about this one. Thanks for bringing it to light.

Most glaring note--the time of the call to the FD was at 4:49 AM. She she was in her SUV at 4:49 AM? Something's fishy on the surface.

We need more details.

That's a head-scratcher.
Yeah there's some weird stuff happening lately that's for sure. I'm still behind on this story and trying to snoop out why all the birds and fish are dying. Another fishkill in lake Michigan in Chicago today!

I wouldn't read too much into the fish die-off in Lake Michigan, Mr J. It's been happening over and over since I was a kid in the 60's.

images

Alewife2.jpg

They're an ocean species that migrated into the Great Lakes, and die off in large numbers when it gets cold. The only reason that they're not gone completely is that they have learned to stay near the water outputs of the power plants where the water is warmer.

I didn't read the part where she bumped into a wall; the report I read was that she crashed into something. Still, mucho suspect about this one. Thanks for bringing it to light.

Most glaring note--the time of the call to the FD was at 4:49 AM. She she was in her SUV at 4:49 AM? Something's fishy on the surface.

We need more details.

Maybe there's some some physics, or videos, or witnesses, or corroborating events of that day that could prove what really happened, and then we could analyze those facts and determine the real truth.

Just like with 9/11.

That's a head-scratcher.

I wouldn't read too much into the fish die-off in Lake Michigan, Mr J. It's been happening over and over since I was a kid in the 60's.

images

Alewife2.jpg

They're an ocean species that migrated into the Great Lakes, and die off in large numbers when it gets cold. The only reason that they're not gone completely is that they have learned to stay near the water outputs of the power plants where the water is warmer.
I remember the awful stench at the lakefront myself as a kid back then. It usually occurred in the spring or summer. I don't remember huge fish kills in the winter. These kills it seemed, at least to me decreased in severity as the years went on. As a rule dissolved oxygen typically increases, not decreases, as water temperature drops, but if the school of fish were trapped in a pocket where there was less the sufficient oxygen I suppose that could partially explain it.
PEARL Lakes Guide: Temperature and dissolved oxygen - what is it?

I read where the young shad are more susceptible, but they seem to be the only species that died, just like only select types of birds died.
It is strange fish dying in Lake Michigan, thousands of fish dying in Southern States, thousands of birds dropping out from the sky, and here in Missouri we had hundreds of birds drop dead recently too.

And this-Dead birds and dead fish events are happening again today. Dead birds are found along the highway in California..This brings the dead birds and dead fish events to 17 in the last week from around the globe. The dead bird and dead fish events have other abnormalities reported along with them, such as many of the dead fish that washed ashore in New Zealand were missing their eyes. :eek:

The dead birds, turtle doves, in Italy were found to have killed themselves by overeating sunflower seeds. The dead doves in Italy had a blue hue to their beaks, coloring that would normally point to lack of oxygen. Birds do not normally kill themselves in numbers by overeating?
New dead bird and dead fish events today in California and Chicago - odd twists - Hartford Pop Culture | Examiner.com

So far, there's been no explanation for the similar incident in Bloomingdale.

Source: Second Fish Kill Baffles Residents | NBC Chicago

images

Alewife2.jpg

I remember the awful stench at the lakefront myself as a kid back then. It usually occurred in the spring or summer. I don't remember huge fish kills in the winter. These kills it seemed, at least to me decreased in severity as the years went on. As a rule dissolved oxygen typically increases, not decreases, as water temperature drops, but if the school of fish were trapped in a pocket where there was less the sufficient oxygen I suppose that could partially explain it.

I read where the young shad are more susceptible, but they seem to be the only species that died, just like only select types of birds died.
It is strange fish dying in Lake Michigan, thousands of fish dying in Southern States, thousands of birds dropping out from the sky, and here in Missouri we had hundreds of birds drop dead recently too.

And this-Dead birds and dead fish events are happening again today. Dead birds are found along the highway in California..This brings the dead birds and dead fish events to 17 in the last week from around the globe. The dead bird and dead fish events have other abnormalities reported along with them, such as many of the dead fish that washed ashore in New Zealand were missing their eyes. :eek:

The dead birds, turtle doves, in Italy were found to have killed themselves by overeating sunflower seeds. The dead doves in Italy had a blue hue to their beaks, coloring that would normally point to lack of oxygen. Birds do not normally kill themselves in numbers by overeating?
New dead bird and dead fish events today in California and Chicago - odd twists - Hartford Pop Culture | Examiner.com

OK, now that's weird. I lived near Garfield Park, and my sister lives in Bloomingdale, and we can't ever remember die-offs in either one.

This is starting to get ominous. The locations of these events is too spread out to be from a single source. And I always though nothing could kill a carp.

I think Mythbusters tried to get a car to erupt in flames by driving it off a cliff (remotely of course) and they couldn't get it to burn until they added a little C-4 and a couple of cans of gas. Don't look for any investigative reporting that might tarnish the administration.

images

Alewife2.jpg

OK, now that's weird. I lived near Garfield Park, and my sister lives in Bloomingdale, and we can't ever remember die-offs in either one.

This is starting to get ominous. The locations of these events is too spread out to be from a single source. And I always though nothing could kill a carp.
You have to beat a Carp with a bat LOL!
I lived in Chitown for close to 30 yrs and used to hang out at the lake as a teenager, used to swim off the rocks at Bryn Mawr, Montrose etc, in the mid to late 70s and remember the fish kills being way worse in the 60s, but then again the 70s is when they started to clean up the lake.

Strange indeed, Anyways, Check out these videos it confirms a strange cloud on radar above the town of Bebe Ar. on new years eve, where the birds dropped dead! HAARP at work, or some chemical agent being tested? Were they trying to create a tornado? Did Wheeler know something? :eek:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv9eC1i5yjE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CJFQ9ySm3E[/ame]

Last edited:

You have to beat a Carp with a bat LOL!
I lived in Chitown for close to 30 yrs and used to hang out at the lake as a teenager, used to swim off the rocks at Bryn Mawr, Montrose etc, in the mid to late 70s and remember the fish kills being way worse in the 60s, but then again the 70s is when they started to clean up the lake.

Strange indeed, Anyways, Check out these videos it confirms a strange cloud on radar above the town of Bebe Ar. on new years eve, where the birds dropped dead! HAARP at work, or some chemical agent being tested? Were they trying to create a tornado? Did Wheeler know something? :eek:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv9eC1i5yjE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CJFQ9ySm3E[/ame]

That's some pretty persuasive evidence in those videos. I'm going to have to look into it more. Thanks for posting them.

By the way, I was more of an Oak Street/12th Street Beach kind of guy. I used to love sitting at 12th, watching the planes at Meigs. It's a damn shame Dickie Junior had to have it torn up in the middle of the night. But I guess the planes must have been keeping him up all night in his gentrified condo.

An update from a website/webpage called Daily Beast:

“We’re waiting for lab results,” said Piringer. “It’s possible it was related to something mechanical, some kind of malfunction or it may be that she hit something in the garage, or something like a tricycle got stuck underneath the car.” He said Turton’s air bag did not deploy, indicating that if she did hit something, it was done at low speed. Piringer said that it was only once the fire was out and heavy smoke dissipated that responders could see that there was a body inside the car.

I keep going back to the time of the call to the fire deparment; prior to 5:00 AM. That means that she was leaving likely sometime around 4:30. Way strange time to be leaving.

The car was actually a BMW SUV; not a cheaply made vehicle by today's standards.

Something ain't quite right here folks.

I found a website that some poster claims he has found a connection to the shooting of the congress woman, the death of Wheeler, and this womans death also. I'll post the link later and you guys can decide if it is meaningful.:eek:

“We’re waiting for lab results,” said Piringer. “It’s possible it was related to something mechanical, some kind of malfunction or it may be that she hit something in the garage, or something like a tricycle got stuck underneath the car.” He said Turton’s air bag did not deploy, indicating that if she did hit something, it was done at low speed. Piringer said that it was only once the fire was out and heavy smoke dissipated that responders could see that there was a body inside the car.

I keep going back to the time of the call to the fire deparment; prior to 5:00 AM. That means that she was leaving likely sometime around 4:30. Way strange time to be leaving.

The car was actually a BMW SUV; not a cheaply made vehicle by today's standards.

I recall a time when TV's alleged "investigative reporting" was all the rage. 60 Minutes and 20-20 were prime time hits. A pickup truck was the subject of one of the "investigations" where the gas tank was alleged to rupture upon impact and burst into flame. The TV crew arranged for a collision for the cameras and sure enough the allegations were confirmed. The truck burst into flames in all it's scripted glory. Somebody smelled a rat and found the actual truck used by the TV crew and found remnants of incindiary devices they used to ingnte the the truck. The demonstration was a fraud. The network "apologized" for the oversight but the damage was done.

I found a website that some poster claims he has found a connection to the shooting of the congress woman, the death of Wheeler, and this womans death also. I'll post the link later and you guys can decide if it is meaningful.:eek:

I saw the link...however just on the surface, both the Congresswoman and he lobbyist are Democrats; I don't see where there would be any huge intrigue from the standpoint of official involvement.

Maybe yours has something different; looking forward to seeing it.

If a housewife in a suburban town was found burned in her own car in her own garage it would be cause for a serious investigation. When a political lobbyist involved in a billion dollar merger in a volatle energy field and who's husband is a high ranking member of the administration is found dead it should raise alarms all over the place.

Forum List

Back