Biden Admin Pushes Electric Cars With No Feasible Plan, Energy Sec Granholm Has Conflict of Interest, Tells Americans To Buy One w/ Chinese Batteries

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020

Biden's Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm insists high gas prices are 'a very compelling case' to buy an electric car: Official is worth $8million and recently exercised $1.6m stock option in electric car company​

• Granholm, in a clip surfaced Tuesday, made the case for going electric amid sky high gas prices
  • 'If you filled up your EV [electric vehicle] and you filled up your gas tank with gasoline, you would save $60 per fill-up,' she said
  • Granholm made similar points in a White House press briefing in May 2021. ‘If you drive an electric car, this would not be affecting you,’ she said then
  • Granholm, who is worth $8million according to Forbes
  • Last month she also exercised stock options in Proterra, an electric vehicle company where she served as a director
  • She ended up pocketing $1.6million on the transaction, according to an energy department spokesperson

Energy Secretary Granholm is so out of touch. Instead of doing her real job - fixing the supply-side issue - she's trying to adjust the demand side - telling Americans to change the way they have been living for decades. Most families have multiple vehicles; she's just giving the Biden narrative while not doing anything and continuing to drive around in large government V8 SUVs like Biden.

China is the top producer of electric car batteries...

Traveling by electric car for a long trip is a huge hassle, downright dangerous, and saves little money for all of the aggravation...

Biden's gas-guzzling motorcade is quite the show of hypocrisy...

The last significant refinery built in the United States was in 1976. Over the last two years, due in part to a demand from President Bidens stated policy to reduce the demand for petroleum products, U.S. refineries have been shut down or repurposed to become biofuel refineries. The EPA set biofuel blending mandates for 2022 at 20.63 billion gallons. New refineries are unlikely to be built in the United States due to daunting environmental standards and policies that the Biden administration has been implementing to reduce petroleum product consumption in the future.

You just need to find a charging station that works. ;)

Oh, and there is a new made-up word.....Range Anxiety

Over 1 in 5 public EV chargers are broken in the Greater Bay Area​

Over 1 in 5 public EV chargers are broken in the Greater Bay Area

The technology isn't there yet, and most know it.

I have to admit though, I've seen some videos of the Tesla and it really is a slick car, they are pushing for the future and will most likely continue to lead. If I had the money, I'd love to own one.

We shouldn't have a problem with EVs, but, like the vaccine, government shouldn't be playing the role of pushing it on citizens. Let the free market decide and stop the shilling, it's embarrassing.

Ok, where am I supposed to get the 40k plus dollars for one? What about when I have to pay 20k to replace the batteries while I'm still making car payments in 8 years?

If everyone buys electric cars where is the insane demand for the electricity going to come from? Or are we just supposed to pay 70k to 80k for solar panels on our roofs making that car cost 150k? I'd need a 2nd mortgage for a car.

Inflation so high people can barely afford gas or food and this administration wants people to drop $60,000+ on an electric vehicle? Sure, let's just pull that money out of the couch cushions.....

Ok, where am I supposed to get the 40k plus dollars for one? What about when I have to pay 20k to replace the batteries while I'm still making car payments in 8 years?

If everyone buys electric cars where is the insane demand for the electricity going to come from? Or are we just supposed to pay 70k to 80k for solar panels on our roofs making that car cost 150k? I'd need a 2nd mortgage for a car.
Yes, just imagine all the folks in the Southern third of the country getting off work and arriving home at say 6:00 pm, plugging in their EV, walking in the house and cranking up the AC.

ExxonMobil statement regarding President Biden Letter to Oil Industry​

IRVING, Texas – ExxonMobil today released the following statement in response to a letter from President Biden.​

We have been in regular contact with the administration to update the President and his staff on how ExxonMobil has been investing more than any other company to develop U.S. oil and gas supplies. This includes investments in the U.S. of more than $50 billion over the past five years, resulting in an almost 50% increase in our U.S. production of oil during this period.
Globally, we’ve invested double what we’ve earned over the past five years -- $118 billion on new oil and gas supplies compared to net income of $55 billion. This is a reflection of the company’s long-term growth strategy, and our commitment to continuously invest to meet society’s demand for our products.
Specific to refining capacity in the U.S., we’ve been investing through the downturn to increase refining capacity to process U.S. light crude by about 250,000 barrels per day – the equivalent of adding a new medium-sized refinery. We kept investing even during the pandemic, when we lost more than $20 billion and had to borrow more than $30 billion to maintain investment to increase capacity to be ready for post-pandemic demand.
In the short term, the U.S. government could enact measures often used in emergencies following hurricanes or other supply disruptions -- such as waivers of Jones Act provisions and some fuel specifications to increase supplies. Longer term, government can promote investment through clear and consistent policy that supports U.S. resource development, such as regular and predictable lease sales, as well as streamlined regulatory approval and support for infrastructure such as pipelines.
[end]

Biden can't decide if fault lies with Trump, COVID, Putin, or now the Oil companies.

He probably won't take this expert advice he was just publicly provided. We all know whom to blame.

Biden's Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm insists high gas prices are 'a very compelling case' to buy an electric car: Official is worth $8million and recently exercised $1.6m stock option in electric car company​

• Granholm, in a clip surfaced Tuesday, made the case for going electric amid sky high gas prices
  • 'If you filled up your EV [electric vehicle] and you filled up your gas tank with gasoline, you would save $60 per fill-up,' she said
  • Granholm made similar points in a White House press briefing in May 2021. ‘If you drive an electric car, this would not be affecting you,’ she said then
  • Last month she also exercised stock options in Proterra, an electric vehicle company where she served as a director
  • She ended up pocketing $1.6million on the transaction, according to an energy department spokesperson

Energy Secretary Granholm is so out of touch. Instead of doing her real job - fixing the supply-side issue - she's trying to adjust the demand side - telling Americans to change the way they have been living for decades. Most families have multiple vehicles; she's just giving the Biden narrative while not doing anything and continuing to drive around in large government V8 SUVs like Biden.

Traveling by electric car for a long trip is a huge hassle, downright dangerous, and saves little money for all of the aggravation...

The last significant refinery built in the United States was in 1976. Over the last two years, due in part to a demand from President Bidens stated policy to reduce the demand for petroleum products, U.S. refineries have been shut down or repurposed to become biofuel refineries. The EPA set biofuel blending mandates for 2022 at 20.63 billion gallons. New refineries are unlikely to be built in the United States due to daunting environmental standards and policies that the Biden administration has been implementing to reduce petroleum product consumption in the future.

No conflict of interest there.

The technology isn't there yet, and most know it.

I have to admit though, I've seen some videos of the Tesla and it really is a slick car, they are pushing for the future and will most likely continue to lead. If I had the money, I'd love to own one.

We shouldn't have a problem with EVs, but, like the vaccine, government shouldn't be playing the role of pushing it on citizens. Let the free market decide and stop the shilling, it's embarrassing.

We should have a problem with electric cars.
The infrastructure is not there, and they pollute more.
I also hate touch screens instead of knobs, because you can't operate them by feel.

Why do electric cars pollute more than internal combustion?
The pollution to produce electricity at power plants for an electric car, is about the equivalent of a 29 mpg ICE car.
But not only do lots of ICE cars get over 40 mpg, but if they run biofuel, like palm oil in diesel, they produce no pollution at all, and instead actually make air cleaner, (less carbon).

The pollution to produce electricity at power plants for an electric car, is about the equivalent of a 29 mpg ICE car.
But not only do lots of ICE cars get over 40 mpg, but if they run biofuel, like palm oil in diesel, they produce no pollution at all, and instead actually make air cleaner, (less carbon).
500,000 pounds of earth to be moved by diesel guzzling machines to make ONE EV battery.

Not to mention the destruction and pollution lithium mines produce.

And the left always ignores the toxic waste of the batteries in EVs.

SSDD in the Biden Administration...

Forum List

Back