Energy Lobbyist killed in mysterious fire

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by whitehall, Jan 11, 2011.

1. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,742
    It almost qualifies for a Tom Clancy plot. Ashley Turton was a lobbyist for a company called "Progress Energy" and was also the wife of the president's "legislative affairs director" Dan Turton. Nice cozy relationship having an energy lobbyist married to the legislative affairs director. She was found dead in a burning car in her own garage a few days ago. Washington D.C. sleuths determined that she bumped the wall upon driving into the garage and the car erupted in flames before she could get out. (yeah right). Anyway, Progress Energy entered into a 13.7 Billion dollar merger with Duke energy the day Ashley Turton was killed.

2. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,394
    That's a head-scratcher.

3. Mr. Jones

Mr. Jones Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Yeah there's some weird stuff happening lately that's for sure. I'm still behind on this story and trying to snoop out why all the birds and fish are dying. Another fishkill in lake Michigan in Chicago today!

4. PhysicsExist

PhysicsExist Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I'm interested in any facts surrounding both of these cases. Let me know what you know!

5. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,394
    Call in the reinforcements!

[​IMG]

6. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,394
    Only YOU can prevent mysterious fires.

[​IMG]

7. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,052
    I didn't read the part where she bumped into a wall; the report I read was that she crashed into something. Still, mucho suspect about this one. Thanks for bringing it to light.

Most glaring note--the time of the call to the FD was at 4:49 AM. She she was in her SUV at 4:49 AM? Something's fishy on the surface.

We need more details.

8. Rat in the Hat

Rat in the Hat Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,215
    I wouldn't read too much into the fish die-off in Lake Michigan, Mr J. It's been happening over and over since I was a kid in the 60's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're an ocean species that migrated into the Great Lakes, and die off in large numbers when it gets cold. The only reason that they're not gone completely is that they have learned to stay near the water outputs of the power plants where the water is warmer.

9. PhysicsExist

PhysicsExist Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Maybe there's some some physics, or videos, or witnesses, or corroborating events of that day that could prove what really happened, and then we could analyze those facts and determine the real truth.

Just like with 9/11.

10. Mr. Jones

Mr. Jones Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +161
    I remember the awful stench at the lakefront myself as a kid back then. It usually occurred in the spring or summer. I don't remember huge fish kills in the winter. These kills it seemed, at least to me decreased in severity as the years went on. As a rule dissolved oxygen typically increases, not decreases, as water temperature drops, but if the school of fish were trapped in a pocket where there was less the sufficient oxygen I suppose that could partially explain it.
    PEARL Lakes Guide: Temperature and dissolved oxygen - what is it?

I read where the young shad are more susceptible, but they seem to be the only species that died, just like only select types of birds died.
    It is strange fish dying in Lake Michigan, thousands of fish dying in Southern States, thousands of birds dropping out from the sky, and here in Missouri we had hundreds of birds drop dead recently too.

And this-Dead birds and dead fish events are happening again today. Dead birds are found along the highway in California..This brings the dead birds and dead fish events to 17 in the last week from around the globe. The dead bird and dead fish events have other abnormalities reported along with them, such as many of the dead fish that washed ashore in New Zealand were missing their eyes. :eek:

The dead birds, turtle doves, in Italy were found to have killed themselves by overeating sunflower seeds. The dead doves in Italy had a blue hue to their beaks, coloring that would normally point to lack of oxygen. Birds do not normally kill themselves in numbers by overeating?
    New dead bird and dead fish events today in California and Chicago - odd twists - Hartford Pop Culture | Examiner.com

So far, there's been no explanation for the similar incident in Bloomingdale.

Source: Second Fish Kill Baffles Residents | NBC Chicago