Ending Individual Liberty

6. Why is it so difficult for Liberals/Progressives/Democrats to admit that they accept...plan on.....said loss of our individual liberty?
Liberty is not anarchy. Moderation, in all things.

Soooo......does this mean you've refined your earlier position, and when it comes to those who think and say things you don't agree with.....

...you're no longer threatening to 'bury' them.....just toss a moderate amount of sand at 'em?

Now you're just a 'moderate' fascist?
To bury means to put you where you belong, where you can do no harm. And I have never changed my position, which is most are Americans in name only, and you aren't even that much...

6. Why is it so difficult for Liberals/Progressives/Democrats to admit that they accept...plan on.....said loss of our individual liberty?
Liberty is not anarchy. Moderation, in all things.

Soooo......does this mean you've refined your earlier position, and when it comes to those who think and say things you don't agree with.....

...you're no longer threatening to 'bury' them.....just toss a moderate amount of sand at 'em?

Now you're just a 'moderate' fascist?
To bury means to put you where you belong, where you can do no harm. And I have never changed my position, which is most are Americans in name only, and you aren't even that much...

1. "To bury means to put you where you belong, where you can do no harm."
Hmmmm....

You're a pretty articulate guy....I think we both know what you meant by 'bury.'
Now you're backing away....
....good to see I've taught you a lesson.

2. "....where you can do no harm."
As you were objecting to specific uses of my liberty....""Think stupid, talk stupid, and we bury you, for your own good"...and thinking and talking were what you objected to.....
.....you still evince your innate fascist objectives, i.e., block dissenting thought and speech: somehow thought and speech with which you don't agree is "harm."

Seems I have more to teach you.

3. "And I have never changed my position,..."
I just showed that you have.

4. ".....which is most are Americans in name only, and you aren't even that much.."
What????
Well...if you are claiming to be American.....why can't you speak English?

5. Bottom line: you're a fascist, aiming to block free speech and free thought.
I believe in individual liberty.
QED.....I'm far more American than you.

You, PC, are the fascist who wishes to take away civil liberties by government force. That is the Progressive Statisim of European fascisim.

4. A few examples of freedom slipping away:
a. Nebbia v. New York,291 U.S. 502(1934) A little guy named Leo Nebbia, a shopkeeper, sold two quarts of milk and a five cent loaf of bread for eighteen cents. This, after New York's Milk Control Board had set a price of nine cents a quart for the milk!

" Nebbia argued that price controls were an unconstitutional interference with the freedom of contractincluded within theDue Process Clauseof the14thAmendment.... The US Supreme Court found that government can interfere withfreedom of contract only to serve a valid police purpose of protecting public health, public safety or public morals. In this case, the Court found that milk is essential to good health,..." Nebbia v. New York | The Law School Guys

"He was guilty of giving his customers a good deal, cutting into his own profit margin." Charles Murray, "By The People"

That was 1934.....who was the monarch...er, President?

The Contract Clause appears in the United States Constitution, Article I, section 10, clause 1. It states:

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility. Contract Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It doesn't say 'unless the government decides otherwise,' does it.

The majority opinion in Nebbia was held by 4 Hoover appointees and 1 Wilson appointee.

You should read the decision.
You get that Hoover and Wilson were both Progressives, right?
You get that Harding and Coolidge were conservatives and caused or allowed the "deregulation" that caused the great world depression, right?

Total nonsense.

1. "BERNANKE: FEDERAL RESERVE CAUSED GREAT DEPRESSION
In “A Monetary History of the United States,” Nobel Prize-winning economist Milton Friedman along with coauthor Anna J. Schwartz lay the mega-catastrophe of the Great Depression squarely at the feet of the Federal Reserve."
Read more at Bernanke: Federal Reserve caused Great Depression

a. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that “ on the whole it retarded recovery.” article - AEI

2. This is what Harding and Coolidge caused:
"The Roaring Twenties were the period of sustained economic prosperity with a distinctive cultural edge in New York, Montreal, Chicago, Detroit, Paris, Berlin, London, Los Angeles, and many other major cities during the 1920s in the United States, Canada and Europe. The French called it the "années folles" ("Crazy Years"),[1] emphasizing the era's social, artistic and cultural dynamism. Normalcy returned to politics in the wake of hyper-emotional patriotism after World War I, jazz music blossomed, the flapper redefined modern womanhood and Art Deco peaked. Economically the era saw the large-scale use of automobiles, telephones, motion pictures, electricity, unprecedented industrial growth, accelerated consumer demand and aspirations, plus significant changes in lifestyle and culture. The media focused on celebrities, especially sports heroes and movie stars, as cities rooted for their home teams and filled the new palatial cinemas and gigantic sports stadiums. In most major countries women won the right to vote."
Roaring Twenties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have yet to find any post of yours either accurate or informed.
Back at you lol- And I have a Masters in History. Yup, another giant Pub bubble in the 20's. Explain margin buying in the twenties, THAT giant bust, and the worst inequality until...NOW. Better to have solid Dem growth than ANOTHER corrupt Pub bubble/bust/scandal (S+L, 2008), brainwashed chump.

4. A few examples of freedom slipping away:
a. Nebbia v. New York,291 U.S. 502(1934) A little guy named Leo Nebbia, a shopkeeper, sold two quarts of milk and a five cent loaf of bread for eighteen cents. This, after New York's Milk Control Board had set a price of nine cents a quart for the milk!

" Nebbia argued that price controls were an unconstitutional interference with the freedom of contractincluded within theDue Process Clauseof the14thAmendment.... The US Supreme Court found that government can interfere withfreedom of contract only to serve a valid police purpose of protecting public health, public safety or public morals. In this case, the Court found that milk is essential to good health,..." Nebbia v. New York | The Law School Guys

"He was guilty of giving his customers a good deal, cutting into his own profit margin." Charles Murray, "By The People"

That was 1934.....who was the monarch...er, President?

The Contract Clause appears in the United States Constitution, Article I, section 10, clause 1. It states:

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility. Contract Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It doesn't say 'unless the government decides otherwise,' does it.

The majority opinion in Nebbia was held by 4 Hoover appointees and 1 Wilson appointee.

You should read the decision.
You get that Hoover and Wilson were both Progressives, right?
You get that Harding and Coolidge were conservatives and caused or allowed the "deregulation" that caused the great world depression, right?

Total nonsense.

1. "BERNANKE: FEDERAL RESERVE CAUSED GREAT DEPRESSION
In “A Monetary History of the United States,” Nobel Prize-winning economist Milton Friedman along with coauthor Anna J. Schwartz lay the mega-catastrophe of the Great Depression squarely at the feet of the Federal Reserve."
Read more at Bernanke: Federal Reserve caused Great Depression

a. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that “ on the whole it retarded recovery.” article - AEI

2. This is what Harding and Coolidge caused:
"The Roaring Twenties were the period of sustained economic prosperity with a distinctive cultural edge in New York, Montreal, Chicago, Detroit, Paris, Berlin, London, Los Angeles, and many other major cities during the 1920s in the United States, Canada and Europe. The French called it the "années folles" ("Crazy Years"),[1] emphasizing the era's social, artistic and cultural dynamism. Normalcy returned to politics in the wake of hyper-emotional patriotism after World War I, jazz music blossomed, the flapper redefined modern womanhood and Art Deco peaked. Economically the era saw the large-scale use of automobiles, telephones, motion pictures, electricity, unprecedented industrial growth, accelerated consumer demand and aspirations, plus significant changes in lifestyle and culture. The media focused on celebrities, especially sports heroes and movie stars, as cities rooted for their home teams and filled the new palatial cinemas and gigantic sports stadiums. In most major countries women won the right to vote."
Roaring Twenties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have yet to find any post of yours either accurate or informed.
Back at you lol- And I have a Masters in History. Yup, another giant Pub bubble in the 20's. Explain margin buying in the twenties, THAT giant bust, and the worst inequality until...NOW. Better solid Dem growth, brainwashed chump.

New deal polices with unions with the monopoly busting policies of the 1900s built the middle class we had in teh 50's. The republicans want to do away with all this.

Back at you lol- And I have a Masters in History. Yup, another giant Pub bubble in the 20's. Explain margin buying in the twenties, THAT giant bust, and the worst inequality until...NOW. Better solid Dem growth, brainwashed chump.

A masters in history? So you spent your career asking "you want fries with that?"

One thing you don't have is any semblance of a grasp of basic economic principle.

A masters in history? So you spent your career asking "you want fries with that?"

One thing you don't have is any semblance of a grasp of basic economic principle.
Pure ignorance>>Stupid insults...clever. ANSWER THE QUESTION lol. So what caused the Great Depression, the S+L Crisis/recession, and the 2008 Booosh world meltdown in dumbass Pub dupe World, dingbat? Pure coincidence? lol

Pure ignorance>>Stupid insults...clever. ANSWER THE QUESTION lol. So what caused the Great Depression, the S+L Crisis/recession, and the 2008 Booosh world meltdown in dumbass Pub dupe World, dingbat? Pure coincidence? lol

Both started under republican Admins. Too much deregulation.

New deal polices with unions with the monopoly busting policies of the 1900s built the middle class we had in teh 50's. The republicans want to do away with all this.

The middle class arose in the 1820's. The Market Revolution regards the segmentation of agriculture into marketable commodities rather than sustenance crops. Likewise the production of household goods followed the pattern of specialization, where a craftsman built and market one or a few specialized products instead of broad spectrum blacksmithing, carpentry, and the lot.

The Market Revolution Summary & Analysis

You are a leftist because you are ignorant, because you don't grasp what made use a great nation.

Further, post war consumerism had nothing to do with anti-trust legislation nor with unions.

You simply have no grasp of the subjects you speak of.

What caused the great depression? Manipulative monetary policies put in place by central planners who believed they were competent to drive an economy rather then allowing the invisible hand to guide.

Why do you ask?

Oh, and who was (and is) in charge of monetary policy?

Had nothing to do with deregulation. It was largely due to a combination of policies mostly designed to make housing more affordable to the working poor. Government backed loans were made to people who had no business borrowing money to buy a home. When they defaulted, as anyone with a brain could have predicted, it created a financial crisis which exacerbated the problems of an already anemic economy.

Mr. "Masters in History," Franco hater dupe, why did you fall silent on the rise of the middle class? If you have knowledge of history, then you know full well that the rise of the middle class is the product of specialization and the production of greater quantities than one consumes, allowing the excess to be sold in the open market, leading to disposable income.

Could it be that you distort and avoid history because the reality of this is that the middle class is a direct result of capitalism, and can in fact only exist under a market system?

Is it the FACT that there can be no middle class under the Communism you promote and that dolts like Matthew blindly support? Why do you avoid the factual examination of the market revolution, Franco hater dupe?

Had nothing to do with deregulation. It was largely due to a combination of policies mostly designed to make housing more affordable to the working poor. Government backed loans were made to people who had no business borrowing money to buy a home. When they defaulted, as anyone with a brain could have predicted, it created a financial crisis which exacerbated the problems of an already anemic economy.
And how did all those toxic, new private corporation mortgages all of a sudden become available in 2003? lol. Why did Fannie and Freddie's share of the market go from 75-80% to 25% in one year, Pub dupe? Why were they rated A+ when they were junk, insured and sold around the world? You're a total fool of greedy, corrupt, megarich Pubs.

Mr. "Masters in History," Franco hater dupe, why did you fall silent on the rise of the middle class? If you have knowledge of history, then you know full well that the rise of the middle class is the product of specialization and the production of greater quantities than one consumes, allowing the excess to be sold in the open market, leading to disposable income.

Could it be that you distort and avoid history because the reality of this is that the middle class is a direct result of capitalism, and can in fact only exist under a market system?

Is it the FACT that there can be no middle class under the Communism you promote and that dolts like Matthew blindly support? Why do you avoid the factual examination of the market revolution, Franco hater dupe?
How do you grip the wall like that? lol. Well regulated capitalism has nothing to do with communism, Cold War dinosaur. The middle class in great number appeared when the giant trusts of the industrial revolution were broken up and regulated and workers were paid enough to be middle class. The 1820's my ass. The 1930's-50's. TY Roosevelts! TR and FDR.

The middle class arose in the 1820's. The Market Revolution regards the segmentation of agriculture into marketable commodities rather than sustenance crops. Likewise the production of household goods followed the pattern of specialization, where a craftsman built and market one or a few specialized products instead of broad spectrum blacksmithing, carpentry, and the lot.

The Market Revolution Summary & Analysis

You are a leftist because you are ignorant, because you don't grasp what made use a great nation.

Further, post war consumerism had nothing to do with anti-trust legislation nor with unions.

You simply have no grasp of the subjects you speak of.
That's the market revolution that was a precurser of the industrial revolution. Before the IR, businesses and farms were smaller and the bosses were close to their workers and there wasn't the huge gap in pay that the giant industries and monopolies produced, and only trust busting TR started to reform. There's no mention of a burgeoning middle class in your link, dingbat. That happened 100 years later. Read the "Good Old Days- They Were Terrible". You have the Reagan dementia of the Pub dupe.

I don't want to take away anyone's rights or liberties...Of course, we're a civilization based on working together.

I refuse to work with liberals on anything so they can just forget it, no compromise zero!
"No compromise, un-American TP GOP" (TIME) hater dupe....and then you complain about congress. RW idiocy. Good government is only possible with cooperation and compromise. And in your case, some intelligence.

Forum List

Back