Zone1 Encouragement for member and friend Dale Smith

I understand for my part this is the second time it happens with a member of this forum I should also have phoned Tilly but still I delayed and she too it was too late and I would not make the same mistake in the future even if it is virtual I appreciate a lot of member here at this forum.

l didn’t know Tilly was ill, but l enjoyed posting with her.

Hossfly,

Dale's brother Eric (who is a nurse) announced on Dale's Facebook page that Dale passed away just after 11:00 a.m. today. I didn't want to link the Facebook page here. If I can figure out how to send you a private message, I will do so with the link.

Jeffery
OMGosh, this breaks my heart for I had come here to talk with Dale just now and to read......he has gone is jaw-dropping and tears fill the brims of my eyes. Thank you, Jeffery, for your courteous notification to those of us who have been with Dale on this journey since Hoss, the great man, posted of his condition. I can't express how happy I am Hoss got to spend those days with Dale. I am so happy for Dale that it happened as he loved and appreciated Hoss so much. His last days were with his best bud.

Hoss, this news must have you reeling too, still. Dale and you together on that couch and talking of food, and recipes, and Dale's wish to clean your truck next time you were there and then Dale talking later looking so forward to his last time with everyone on August 12th......he sounded so healthy.....almost improved....who could have known just how close he was to going over the rainbow into the arms of his son Josh, and others he has known and loved. Dale, I hope you are looking down on us now and are just waiting for us to join you there in perpetuity. We'll play music and have a blast. We'll all be in Heaven, one way or another. RIP you beautiful, talented, intelligent, heartfelt soul who brought love to so many. You have left us with loving memories of you and yours.

Sandy, if you are reading, please accept my condolences for you and Dale were together for 18+ years and while you must be at peace with this ending, you are still very much in a place where I hope you can find some solace. I will keep you in my prayers now.
🫂

A sad day.

OMGosh, this breaks my heart for I had come here to talk with Dale just now and to read......he has gone is jaw-dropping and tears fill the brims of my eyes. Thank you, Jeffery, for your courteous notification to those of us who have been with Dale on this journey since Hoss, the great man, posted of his condition. I can't express how happy I am Hoss got to spend those days with Dale. I am so happy for Dale that it happened as he loved and appreciated Hoss so much. His last days were with his best bud.

Hoss, this news must have you reeling too, still. Dale and you together on that couch and talking of food, and recipes, and Dale's wish to clean your truck next time you were there and then Dale talking later looking so forward to his last time with everyone on August 12th......he sounded so healthy.....almost improved....who could have known just how close he was to going over the rainbow into the arms of his son Josh, and others he has known and loved. Dale, I hope you are looking down on us now and are just waiting for us to join you there in perpetuity. We'll play music and have a blast. We'll all be in Heaven, one way or another. RIP you beautiful, talented, intelligent, heartfelt soul who brought love to so many. You have left us with loving memories of you and yours.

Sandy, if you are reading, please accept my condolences for you and Dale were together for 18+ years and while you must be at peace with this ending, you are still very much in a place where I hope you can find some solace. I will keep you in my prayers now.
🫂

A sad day.
I know he sounded so well but somehow he knew his time was up.must be toughest on hoss the most sense he knew him personally.i know he really loved talking with you and deeply appreciated you coming here to talk with him.

Hossfly is a real gentleman it is thanks to him and others at the forum that I was able to stay because they welcomed me with kindness and not like others who are pretentious and Dale also wanted to leave the forum in the past because some harassed him but he stayed because many members appreciated him and they are here today to say that we will miss him a lot.
Yes well said, :thup: so very true.Dale left and was gone for quite sometime because there were some real jerks here thst harassed him but he came back because he had kind people like you,hoss,and AquaAthena he cherished here at usmb and felt so dearly close to.

Last edited:
Hey, peeps! I wanted to share this with you all. I think it's the most poignant thing I have ever written and it has to do with the grieving process. I hope you will read this and all feedback good or bad will be greatly appreciated.

"Sandy, I really appreciate the time you afforded me today. I forgot the horrific pain I have been in today for 42 minutes. Life can still be beautiful and I can find that beauty. I see it in the eyes of children, random acts of kindness I have witnessed and wish to participate in. Then there is the ugliness and the suffering of people that don't deserve the pain they are dealing with. No one that claims to love and care about me would want me to continue to live the way I have and continue to do. I have people tell me that they are praying for a "miracle" that isn't going to happen nor do I want . How about praying for my suffering to end and that I go quickly when the time comes? That I don't become a burden on people just to keep me alive? I can really get onboard with that type of praying and intercession on my behalf. Below are some very salient points I want to express to you that I know you have the intellect to understand....part of the very few that will "get it". Some of these thoughts are mine and some are borrowed.....

"Don't die with your dead". We cry for ourselves and not them. We cry because we "lost" them .....we don't have access to them anymore, we lost having the pleasure of their company and we think it all ends with death and a burial....that they are not there anymore. That isn't the way it is. We will have a re-birth that is glorious and in a much better place than this prison planet where we have to work so hard to eek out an existence. They are gone, never forgotten but most importantly they are out of pain and no longer suffer from the demons that made their life so hard. You cry because you “lost them”, because you don’t HAVE THEM by your side. You think they are NOT there anymore. They have left but they are not "gone" Are they in a better place? You better believe that they are and if one is receptive, they give us signs. My situation has "red-pilled" me and given me a clarity of thought that I never thought would be possible for someone of my limited intellect. It all makes perfect sense and it gives me peace....not a false peace or belief but one that is rock-solid in it's logic.

I have finished accepting that they are no longer "NOT here" and that they are in another place better than this.......they’re where they are no longer sick, or suffering.
Once we accept this, we can stop mourning them and you'll get them back in memory so they keep accompanying you with the joy of all that you've lived.
If you truly loved them? LOVE them AGAIN and this time with greater strength, with greater purity, with greater delivery.
Today, there will be no more reproach of any kind for me.
Only LOVE, will be the essence between you, between us, between them.

I respect your pain and I know you respect mine, and the way we express it. I know you cry and you will cry without comfort as I do and have done. Today I ask you and say to you....don't die with your dead. We are only seeing one side and not what awaits us. We both have good hearts and we should be proud of the body of work we will leave behind.......

Don't die with your dead and start seeing the wonderful place of light where they stand. Honor them by living your life as they wanted you to. Let them transcend....and you keep living. Today I declare that I will do my best to never cry again over what was lost. It has been one year, four months and nearly three weeks since we lost our son. It almost killed me and I didn't care and wanted to grieve myself to death and almost made it. Joshua wouldn't have wanted me to do what I did. I know that he is thriving and happy and wants us to be happy as well and thrive the best we can until we are united and it is going to happen. It's why I am not afraid nor dreading what is to be. People are utterly amazed by my attitude but most of them don't understand the glorious future that awaits me....awaits us where we get that victory hug from all that love us and have crossed. I love you with all my heart, Sandy...Jul as well. It hurts my heart knowing you are hurting and continue to suffer. If I could take it from you, I would in a heart beat. Please remember these words and refer back to them and allow them to comfort you. You have the power.

Much love, Sandy.....you are very special and always have been......
It was an honor to know Dale Not many will come this way again

“O Captain! My Captain!” by Walt Whitman​

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done, The ship has weather’d every rack,
the prize we sought is won, The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring; But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red, Where on the deck my Captain lies, Fallen cold and dead.
O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells; Rise up- for you the flag is flung- for
you the bugle trills,

For you bouquets and ribbon’d wreaths- for you the shores
a-crowding,
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
Here Captain! dear father!
This arm beneath your head!
It is some dream that on the deck,
You’ve fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still,
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will,
The ship is anchor’d safe and sound, its voyage closed and done,
From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;
Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
But I with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

Flag-Half-Staff-1661338427.jpg

Farewell my friend. . ..

Dales passing was the hardest on me sense tiny dancer.It hurt equally as much when I heard TD was gone.when I heard the news of her passing back then,my immediate thoughts were oh no not tiny dancer,please not her.

It felt like a punch in the gut.she was the nicest and sweetest person I ever met on the board and now after losing another wonderful person,I am reminded of her and still miss her.the world would be such a much better place if we had a lot more people out there like Dale and tiny dancer.

There have been others here where it was sad to hear them gone as well like kat and ridgerunner but I didn’t really think too much about them and moved on because I barely knew them,I never interacted with them in pm messages.dale and TD however I always spoke to in pms all the time so they were both pretty special to me.i was hoping that one day I could meet them so you can understand how dales passing really hurt me.

I’m sure everybody here that remembered tiny dancer felt as hurt as I did as well back then.

Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art, to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul.

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

He understood. We grieve for our loss. Then we move on because the loss is physical and we all will make the same journey.

Do a search on her name. You'll get a feel for who she was. A very nice woman who many here do miss
now that I think about it the name sounds vaguely familiar.I think once in a in a very rare moment she would be on thread i was on so i kinda remember the name. she sounds like she was a real sweetheart same as tiny dancer.

Dales passing was the hardest on me sense tiny dancer.It hurt equally as much when I heard TD was gone.when I heard the news of her passing back then,my immediate thoughts were oh no not tiny dancer,please not her.

It felt like a punch in the gut.she was the nicest and sweetest person I ever met on the board and now after losing another wonderful person,I am reminded of her and still miss her.the world would be such a much better place if we had a lot more people out there like Dale and tiny dancer.

There have been others here where it was sad to hear them gone as well like kat and ridgerunner but I didn’t really think too much about them and moved on because I barely knew them,I never interacted with them in pm messages.dale and TD however I always spoke to in pms all the time so they were both pretty special to me.i was hoping that one day I could meet them so you can understand how dales passing really hurt me.

I’m sure everybody here that remembered tiny dancer felt as hurt as I did as well back then.
I interacted with Dale for over 23 years Beginnings not so good but many were outstanding I miss him greatly Knowing he loved me too is my solace

🫂

A sad day.
AQUA don't know or ever read your posts but that post about my dear friend Dale brings tears to my eyes Thank you so much

I went to the Love and War in Texas Restaurant in Plano yesterday. Walked in at 11 AM sharp. No one there but staff. I asked the manager ?Was ist los? and she told me that the event had been postponed the day before because the floral arrangements didn't arrive and the principal organizer had to leave town on an emergency. Very disappointing as it took me 2 hours to make a 45 minute drive in 110 degree heat.

Anyone who has driven from Ft Worth to Plano through Dallas the past 15 years will tell you how the exit and entrance ramps are closed, lanes are blocked off and the Texas state flower, the Orange Traffic Barrel, is growing like wild weed. Now, miraculously, the Toll Express lanes are open and functioning without a hitch. There are millions of road machines everywhere you look but not a living soul has used them in the past 5 years. They are all covered in 2 inches of dust and bird shit.

I will attempt to find out what the result will be concerning Dale's event ceremony.

I went to the Love and War in Texas Restaurant in Plano yesterday. Walked in at 11 AM sharp. No one there but staff. I asked the manager ?Was ist los? and she told me that the event had been postponed the day before because the floral arrangements didn't arrive and the principal organizer had to leave town on an emergency. Very disappointing as it took me 2 hours to make a 45 minute drive in 110 degree heat.

Anyone who has driven from Ft Worth to Plano through Dallas the past 15 years will tell you how the exit and entrance ramps are closed, lanes are blocked off and the Texas state flower, the Orange Traffic Barrel, is growing like wild weed. Now, miraculously, the Toll Express lanes are open and functioning without a hitch. There are millions of road machines everywhere you look but not a living soul has used them in the past 5 years. They are all covered in 2 inches of dust and bird shit.

I will attempt to find out what the result will be concerning Dale's event ceremony.

Hossfly, you're clearly a good friend. I'm sorry you got sent on a goose chase. Hopefully you'll be able to pay the respects Dale would appreciate in person, as you intend. But even if you don't, the respect you paid him in life honestly matters more.

Cheers, man.

Forum List

Back